Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-24-2020, 07:14 AM

Default No returns due to Covid

So I order some shooting stuff over the phone a few days ago. When it arrives there is a printout attached to the receipt highlighted in orange stating no returns due to Covid. No mention of this when I ordered. Anyone else tired of nonsense like this? Using this situation for poor service or to take advantage? It seems to be rather prevalent.

-Billy Molls
Old 08-24-2020, 08:07 AM

ITS been like this since March,
Old 08-24-2020, 08:24 AM

Welcome to the new normal!

Where atrocious customer service is allowed due to the global pandemic.

There are no absolutes
Old 08-24-2020, 08:40 AM

Here returns were delayed initially and now they are accepting returns for quite some time.

Go anywhere and multiple people handle the same item. You cant prevent this.

We purchase their items and trust them and their packaging handling etc. Would be nice if they trusted you in return.

Honestly with the mandatory mask policy in public spaces, everyone has become much more comfortable.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2020, 08:49 AM

Honestly, if this thing was a major concern via mail we would have had serious problems by now.

-Billy Molls
Old 08-24-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Honestly, if this thing was a major concern via mail we would have had serious problems by now.
^ this exactly! I am so tired of the hyped up bull crap
Old 08-24-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Welcome to the new normal!

Where atrocious customer service is allowed due to the global pandemic.
If you are located in central Alberta, atrocious customer service and high prices preceded the pandemic by a few decades.

The no returns due to Covid is silly.
Old 08-24-2020, 09:09 AM

Yes, the "due to covid" is the new catch phrase that retailers and services are using to deflect blame from their poor work habits. I call them on their BS as soon as I hear the words come out.
Old 08-24-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
So I order some shooting stuff over the phone a few days ago. When it arrives there is a printout attached to the receipt highlighted in orange stating no returns due to Covid. No mention of this when I ordered. Anyone else tired of nonsense like this? Using this situation for poor service or to take advantage? It seems to be rather prevalent.
Yep, covid is the entire world's excuse to take things to a whole new level of suck. I rather suspect we are establishing a new standard for the future.

The best one is "reduced service hours", saving lives by sending the office staff home a couple hours early
Old 08-24-2020, 12:06 PM

That's just the "together" part of all of us being in this together. It feels good to do your part though, right?
Old 08-24-2020, 05:47 PM
Banned

Took my kid to fancy toy store to spend some of his birthday money. They don't take cash, i just about vomited at the cashier, if it wasn't for the mask i would've. Is this illegal to ŕefuse legal tender?
Old 08-24-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeprli View Post
Took my kid to fancy toy store to spend some of his birthday money. They don't take cash, i just about vomited at the cashier, if it wasn't for the mask i would've. Is this illegal to Ĺ•efuse legal tender?

Global financial reset.
I sound crazy now, but fully believe the systems are being put in place and tested as we speak.
Only way to know if it was happening is if later the details come out to confirm.
Cash no longer legal tender? Nothing to see here folks. It’s just a plandemic. Ignore your freedoms being taken away and accept the “new normal” (not sure I hate a catch phrase more than that)

Take the kid to buy silver with the cash

(Tinfoil hat... crawl back under my troll bridge lol)
Old 08-24-2020, 11:03 PM
Banned

It hurts to think how much money he spent in that store prior to covid. I'm fairly shure OP found himself in a similar situation.

What is worrisome is that small businesses(franchise) is doing this, when the big stores would take a kidney if you offered.
Old 08-25-2020, 05:04 AM

Once this ends I think they will again though.

Too many people with side hustles. Cash is how they treat themselves to that extra day of work they did.

Just have to deposit it in the bank and pay with a card. No hiding it from the wife anymore! In retail, 80%, if not more, pay with a a card, mostly debit. Its a shame they aren't accepting cash.

All our grocery stores all, convenience stores are, gas stations are etc. They have signs up though saying Tap is preferred.

As discussed with the mail issue, the spread is an airborn issue, and not people touching the same items
Old 08-25-2020, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
Global financial reset.
I sound crazy now, but fully believe the systems are being put in place and tested as we speak.
Only way to know if it was happening is if later the details come out to confirm.
Cash no longer legal tender? Nothing to see here folks. It’s just a plandemic. Ignore your freedoms being taken away and accept the “new normal” (not sure I hate a catch phrase more than that)

Take the kid to buy silver with the cash

(Tinfoil hat... crawl back under my troll bridge lol)
I can assure you that cash is still being used. Extensively.

-Billy Molls
Old 08-25-2020, 07:33 AM

Default remember the stores

Who treated you poorly and in the future shop elsewhere.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:24 AM

It certainly has been the excuse for poor service.
Funny how they can mail it to you but you can't mail it back...

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 08-25-2020, 08:37 AM

I bought some clothing at Walmart in June or so and the change rooms were all closed “due to covid” but they still accepted returns.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
I can assure you that cash is still being used. Extensively.

I mostly use cash myself, but someone above mentioned cash wasn’t accepted in one instance. There are many similar experiences like that being reported. I fully believe we’ll have a new system where both will exist, but at some point in time it will switch. I think as we speak, the new system is being tested and the infrastructure, if you will, is being put in place
Old 08-27-2020, 04:07 AM

noticed this too . Why just shooting stuff ? Hopefully I can return my crap fence boards and Truck parts if they don't fit ??
Old 08-27-2020, 06:54 AM

Stores are doing this with clothing too. Makes it pretty hard to "support small business" when you're shopping for kids clothes and they have the change rooms closed and their return policy is no refunds, store credit only. May as well take your chances with Amazon/free shipping. At least you can shop from home, return it if needed and are not forced to shop at certain stores.....frustrating.
Old 08-27-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyallpeder View Post
I bought some clothing at Walmart in June or so and the change rooms were all closed “due to covid” but they still accepted returns.
I picked up some clothes at Mark's for work a month ago and the change rooms were closed. I asked if the return/exchange policy had changed too. Nope. I said "ok, I'm going to pay for these then go out in the parking lot and try them on. I'll come back in with anything that doesn't fit. "

No problem witb that...
Old 08-27-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Sounds like a cop out to me.
Another way to avoid accountability.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:33 PM

A campground we booked and paid for isn't doing returns due to covid... well I paid online and haven't been there yet, but they won't refund me if I can't make it.

Agreed, BS excuse and an automatic response now. Another reason for people to FTD...
Old 08-27-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentinroof View Post
A campground we booked and paid for isn't doing returns due to covid... well I paid online and haven't been there yet, but they won't refund me if I can't make it.

Agreed, BS excuse and an automatic response now. Another reason for people to FTD...
If you booked online you probably used a credit card. Contact your bank and hopefully you can get it back. Unless they had a cancellation policy that was evident before you booked.
Old 09-01-2020, 06:34 PM

This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard, people are using Covid to be lazy and give poor service and it is getting very old.
Old 09-01-2020, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
I mostly use cash myself, but someone above mentioned cash wasn’t accepted in one instance. There are many similar experiences like that being reported. I fully believe we’ll have a new system where both will exist, but at some point in time it will switch. I think as we speak, the new system is being tested and the infrastructure, if you will, is being put in place
You mean the new system where credit/debit cards used simultaneously with cash?

On the subject, I bought a box of peaches at the grocery store. They looked fine when I opened the box in the store. Tried one at home and it’s bad somewhat brown inside. The next one was the same. Couldn’t return. $40 down the drain. If you don’t take returns, at least make sure the product isn’t garbage, IMO.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:22 PM

Yes my purchase from Sail.ca they sent the first item correct, and the second, no were close to what i ordered, and no return call or email about the wrong item,