Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-22-2019, 09:11 AM

Default How is the Simonette Road?

Hi just wondering does anyone know how the condition of the Simonette Road is? Thanks.
kidd
Old 10-22-2019, 09:40 AM

Default road

was on there till the Y corners. last month.lotta pot holes. if it says to slow down..slow down .I was stopped by the Road security guy,asking what business I had here. said was meeting a guy to buy the snowmobile in back of my pickup. oh. that's my friend .follow me...lol .
Old 10-22-2019, 10:40 AM

It’s rough sloppy and rutted up today road is closed to heavy traffic with out a permit
Old 10-22-2019, 10:48 AM

Lot of that going around Brother!

Spent $52 at the Slave Lake Truck wash from only driving in and out 8 Km north of Slave.

My Brother has a Chemical Truck buried up to its Axles on a Lease up by Anzac with a load on, and it looks like a D 6 will be needed to get the truck to the unloading racks and then off site.

So its a Northern Province wide mud fest this fall.

Drewski
Old 10-22-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
Lot of that going around Brother!

Spent $52 at the Slave Lake Truck wash from only driving in and out 8 Km north of Slave.

My Brother has a Chemical Truck buried up to its Axles on a Lease up by Anzac with a load on, and it looks like a D 6 will be needed to get the truck to the unloading racks and then off site.

So its a Northern Province wide mud fest this fall.

Drewski
Think he wishes he also went to law school now? lol
Old 10-22-2019, 01:10 PM

I sure hope it freezes hard before we get any amount of snow or it is going to be an ugly year up north. Cut lines, side roads, well sites are just soup all over highway 16 and north.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:10 PM

JTstubbs,

My baby brother is the VP of Engineering of the Calgary based company that needs that load of chemicals for its facility to operate.

He is not up to his axles in mud so to speak, but in a way he still is because it is a problem that has to be dealt with quickly.

It is a "Field Operations problem" but it still is my Baby Brother's problem to coordinate ASAP. The Board of Directors really does not care about excuses and blame gaming.

But yes, the joys of the north.

Drewski
Old 10-22-2019, 11:04 PM

Unsure how the southern part of AB is but central to North is the worst I’ve seen in 15 years for mud.
Even the number of hunting trips or harvest pics usually posted here by now.
Likely not just critter numbers are down, it’s access to the backcountry.
Our trip was still on in 360 the past few weeks but sloppy sloppy, ugh.
Hope all freezes up in the next few weeks, as I’ll be back for the last week of Nov.
Good luck guys.

TBark
Old 10-23-2019, 07:59 AM

Default roads

North of Edson the Fraser log hackers are moving in large amount of equipment and camp, trucks are being pulled through mud with D6 cat, totally destroying the roads.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:07 PM

Friend was on it today. Said it wasn’t great. 2000 road to the west is closed. That will give you an indication of road conditions.
Old 11-15-2021, 05:25 PM

Default ice remover for new concrete. Any thoughts???

We have a new driveway that is less than 6 months old. Most of the driveway is 4 months old, as 3 different pours were necessary to cover the whole area.

With the freezing rain, and melting sleet, it is clear that the whole place will be ice covered tomorrow.

Given that this concrete is less than one year old, is there any safe ice removal product other than sand and shovelling?

Drewski
Old 11-16-2021, 09:39 AM

Quote:
JTstubbs,

My baby brother is the VP of Engineering of the Calgary based company that needs that load of chemicals for its facility to operate.

He is not up to his axles in mud so to speak, but in a way he still is because it is a problem that has to be dealt with quickly.

It is a "Field Operations problem" but it still is my Baby Brother's problem to coordinate ASAP. The Board of Directors really does not care about excuses and blame gaming.

But yes, the joys of the north.

Drewski
Why would a stuck truck in Anzac involve a VP in Calgary. And why would the VP have to co-ordinate hooking up the winch line ? Get a cat and get it out.
Old 10-23-2022, 09:29 PM

Funny thing is that groups of pronghorns have been seen as far north as Wainwright???

Usually, they don't fare well with the deeper snow, but they keep pushing their range northward.

Drewski
Old 10-24-2022, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Funny thing is that groups of pronghorns have been seen as far north as Wainwright???

Usually, they don't fare well with the deeper snow, but they keep pushing their range northward.

Drewski
Can't say I've ever seen any around the Simonette but never say never!