Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-28-2017, 08:05 PM

Default Go oilers go!!!

Here we go boys. Time to clinch a spot for the first time 2006.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:06 PM

Ps 👎Flames!!!
Old 03-28-2017, 08:30 PM

Flames Oil in playoffs ..let's get it on ...LOL finally some hockey
Old 03-28-2017, 08:41 PM

20 more minutes boys!!!!!!! Here we go!!!
Old 03-28-2017, 08:42 PM

Wish a guy was at the game!! Go oilers!!
Old 03-28-2017, 08:50 PM

so if Oilers win tonite against LA ..does that mean Flames are in too ? or does Clgy need to win tomoro against them
Old 03-28-2017, 08:52 PM

I might be wrong but I think if the flames win tomorrow one more win will clinch it for them or a loss from la.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:55 PM

geeze ... never before and I will regret this in the morn ...GO Oilers
Old 03-28-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio56 View Post
geeze ... never before and I will regret this in the morn ...GO Oilers
You don't have to cheer for the oilers ... in order for Calgary not to make it, they would have to lose like 7 in a row and kings would have to win like 7 in a row... won't happen. You can continue booing the oil...😂
Old 03-28-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
You don't have to cheer for the oilers ... in order for Calgary not to make it, they would have to lose like 7 in a row and kings would have to win like 7 in a row... won't happen. You can continue booing the oil...��
OK , whew ... I can sleep tonite ...TM that is good news ..see ya in the playoffs
Old 03-28-2017, 09:09 PM

What needs to happen is the oilers to take first and flames take wild card. Boy would there be some closet hockey fans coming out. Riot for sure. Burn down electric ave!!!!!
Old 03-28-2017, 09:30 PM

I can't keep from feeling a little bit bad for Hall. He is now playing on the worst team in the east!
Old 03-28-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
I can't keep from feeling a little bit bad for Hall. He is now playing on the worst team in the east!
there is some truth .. he even said so as far as not cheering for the Oilers
Old 03-28-2017, 09:48 PM

Hall, eberle, nug, are all so over rated. Nug can be a play maker but always chooses the week/safe play instead of driving. Eberle seems to have rockstar syndrome, and hall just wasn't performing. Mcdavid is simply the next generation of a Gretzky. Speed, precision, leadership. And he has his Paul coffee in nurse, and his muscle in maroon, +point getter, and hair kuri in draisaitl. If they play like his through the playoffs they will take a cup.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotebutcher View Post
Hall, eberle, nug, are all so over rated. Nug can be a play maker but always chooses the week/safe play instead of driving. Eberle seems to have rockstar syndrome, and hall just wasn't performing. Mcdavid is simply the next generation of a Gretzky. Speed, precision, leadership. And he has his Paul coffee in nurse, and his muscle in maroon, +point getter, and hair kuri in draisaitl. If they play like his through the playoffs they will take a cup.
I think you're bang on ...so what's your take on a match up oil and flames line by line ? they won't win the cup this year ..
Old 03-28-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Easy, just be happy they made the playoffs for once, I think winning the cup is a little ambitious. McDavid will will be played against a whole lot different in the playoffs compared to regular season. If he gets hurt Oil are done.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:04 PM

Giordano is getting old and slow, johnny can move and dangle but Oilers have some deep smart defence this year, and back checking forwards. Flames have been getting some good points end of season but they have a lot of rebuilding to do. Really i think it boils down to the mcdavid rush they are riding. They are playing with confidence. I think the defence could pinch a little more and keep high pressure, with the stong back check. But in the end, as long as mcdavid, draisaitl, and maroon stay healthy, and letestu and desarne keep second line strong we would overwhelm the flames. We've somehow become way too deep, and the flames can't ride three guys through the playoffs. Not to mention talbot has been an absolute phenom. Gonna be an interesting playoffs. Mcdavid will take some trophies home this year either way
Old 03-28-2017, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmax05 View Post
Easy, just be happy they made the playoffs for once, I think winning the cup is a little ambitious. McDavid will will be played against a whole lot different in the playoffs compared to regular season. If he gets hurt Oil are done.
Yeah yeah yeah. Mcdavid, Gretzky, Kane, Crosby. They get hurt, the team is crippled. How do you match the smartest, fastest, heads up players in the league. You can't. Doughty was lost tonight, and he's a strong top 3. Stuff happens, just happy my team is in after ten years.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:10 PM

Default cuba municipio

Tears in my eyes now...
Old 03-28-2017, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmax05 View Post
you know what ..that is true .... Mcdavid came to town and all is well but really he is the engine now ... we shall see , but I think Edm is weak after the first line , looks weak ... Really
Old 03-28-2017, 10:35 PM
Banned

Nothing that has been posted in this thread is wrong.

It is the will of the team which includes the owners,staff and players which will determine the outcome. Fan support will also help.!

It will be the individuals and how they adapt to the challenge for victory.
This could be a good year.

Yes i am an edmonton fan.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:51 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Default Finally

After all those #1 picks it paid off...that and a few other good hockey players added too.
New arena, new team, new mindset....who knows.

Now if only my Canucks could figure things out

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-29-2017, 01:24 AM

From next year forward, oilers will be contenders for atleast the next 10 years.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:14 AM

Smile

From a Flames fan I want to say congratulations to the Oilers and to the Oilers fans for them finally making it into the post season. It has been a long haul. I have to say the Oilers fans are a loyal bunch.

Who knows how far they will go. The playoffs will be a whole different game.

I have gone to many Flames and Oilers games over the years. I will say one thing for sure. The Oilers have the best fans ever. Most of the Flames games I have attended were in Calgary. The fans at the Saddledome mostly sit on their hands, and cheer every once in a while. The games I've seen in Edmonton were all barn burners. Fans cheering, and into the game the whole way through. I have even seen 2 dozen Oilers fans at the Saddledome in Calgary cheering louder than the other 20,000 Flames fans. So well done Oilers fans.

I hope the Oilers and Flames face off in the playoffs. We need a good battle of Alberta to give all of us something to cheer about again.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:32 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Don't want to derail the thread BUT the Redwings are eliminated after 25 years of playoffs...wow.
My son was at the oilers game last night the barn was a happy place!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-29-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio56 View Post
Flames Oil in playoffs ..let's get it on ...LOL finally some hockey
X2
Old 03-29-2017, 07:01 AM

I like the trade. Larson for Hall. Defence wins championships.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Giordano is getting old and slow, johnny can move and dangle but Oilers have some deep smart defence this year, and back checking forwards. Flames have been getting some good points end of season but they have a lot of rebuilding to do. Really i think it boils down to the mcdavid rush they are riding. They are playing with confidence. I think the defence could pinch a little more and keep high pressure, with the stong back check. But in the end, as long as mcdavid, draisaitl, and maroon stay healthy, and letestu and desarne keep second line strong we would overwhelm the flames. We've somehow become way too deep, and the flames can't ride three guys through the playoffs. Not to mention talbot has been an absolute phenom. Gonna be an interesting playoffs. Mcdavid will take some trophies home this year either way
Congratulations to the Oilers. I know it must mean a ton for that fan base to be in the playoffs again,well deserved.

BUT holy hell those glasses have a very rose color to them. Hopefully we see you in the playoffs!

GO FLAMES GO!
Old 03-29-2017, 08:00 AM

Congratulations Oilers fans. Now you can watch a playoff game live on your IPhone, which did not even exist the last time you were in the playoffs.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
Congratulations Oilers fans. Now you can watch a playoff game live on your IPhone, which did not even exist the last time you were in the playoffs.
Not to mention, first ever oiler playoff game broadcast in HD. And tweeting about playoffs for the first time.