Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-27-2017, 09:55 AM

Default Snorkel Kit for Polaris Ranger

Hi Guys, looking to install a Snorkel kit on my Polaris ranger. Wondering if anyone has experience installing them with a rear windshield in place. Is it possible to do? Are there any unforeseen issues i may run into?

Thanks!!
Old 03-27-2017, 10:01 AM

I did this and it works great....except the noise of the air suction when you hammer it

I left the tops unglued so you can turn them when back window in but its really loud. I dont think there is enough room in front of box to run them outside of cab. You could easily drill a couple hole in the roof and run them up through and silicone it I guess to get rid of noise.

http://www.mudinmyblood.net/forum/10...-snorkels.html
Old 03-27-2017, 12:51 PM

Thanks Denied Access!!
Old 03-27-2017, 04:24 PM

Not telling you what to do but when I'm looking for a used atv as soon as I see a snorkel on it I can't run away fast enough. It's your machine though.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
Not telling you what to do but when I'm looking for a used atv as soon as I see a snorkel on it I can't run away fast enough. It's your machine though.

Good thing he wasn't trying to sell it to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2017, 06:41 PM

I would rather it be snorkelled then swamped out! Rangers are very easy to snorkel! Built my own with a few trips to Rona for about a $100. Use the white pipe and elbows. They have much nicer looking elbows then the black pipe. Then paint them any colour you want. Your ranger will thank you for the snorkels lol! Much cooler belt temps and not as much dust

Old 03-27-2017, 08:37 PM

What year Ranger? I have done a few and would recommend snorkel your ATV dot com. Very adaptable kit and should have no issues mounting them behind your rear windshield depending on the year make and model. The tubing and everything has enough room to wiggle and fit around obstacles and vehicle variances and give you more material rather then just enough so you can trim to fit and mount them where you want them with room for adjustment and overall height. Make sure to open and close your box before you choose your final height to make sure they clear without issue. You may have to drill into or tape mount some zip ty braces to hold them up to your rear window since they normally mount to the roll cages in one way or another or their frame braces... Nothing to worry about, just be prepared to work around the instructions and keep an open mind when installing to keep things flexible until you figure out exactly how you want them and where to place them best to fit with everything working as normal and all... Very strong parts with this brand and very complete with diff and gas tank vent extensions and all...
Old 03-28-2017, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparx View Post
What year Ranger? I have done a few and would recommend snorkel your ATV dot com. Very adaptable kit and should have no issues mounting them behind your rear windshield depending on the year make and model. The tubing and everything has enough room to wiggle and fit around obstacles and vehicle variances and give you more material rather then just enough so you can trim to fit and mount them where you want them with room for adjustment and overall height. Make sure to open and close your box before you choose your final height to make sure they clear without issue. You may have to drill into or tape mount some zip ty braces to hold them up to your rear window since they normally mount to the roll cages in one way or another or their frame braces... Nothing to worry about, just be prepared to work around the instructions and keep an open mind when installing to keep things flexible until you figure out exactly how you want them and where to place them best to fit with everything working as normal and all... Very strong parts with this brand and very complete with diff and gas tank vent extensions and all...

I have used these guys for my 500 ranger I was happy with the kit. But one elbow was put on backwards lol. But I just cut it and used a rubber boot with hose clamps to correct it. It ended up being easier to install that way.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:48 AM

I would rather spend $300 bucks on a snorkel kit than possible $2500 damage.
My ranger is the 2012 800 crew. I will check out that site. Thanks for the insight guys.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:48 PM

most folks that snorkel also add larger tires and a lift of some sort. Shameless plug but i have a set fo SuperAtv Forward offset high clearance A arms id like to get rid of if anyone is interested
Old 03-29-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popik View Post
most folks that snorkel also add larger tires and a lift of some sort. Shameless plug but i have a set fo SuperAtv Forward offset high clearance A arms id like to get rid of if anyone is interested

What machine do they fit?

Old 03-29-2017, 05:56 PM

Bought them for a 2015 Ranger 900

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2017, 08:29 PM

Off topic but do you guys honestly recommend the Polaris? I am looking at sxs's now and no doubt they make a nice machine but consumer affairs website is scaring me off a bit. I am looking at a 800/900 eps ranger, the teryx, and maybe the Yamaha (although want two cylinders).
Old 03-29-2017, 08:52 PM

I have a 900 RGR and Im not to impressed by it. If I were buying a new one tomorrow I would drive right past the polaris dealership. I have 2 kids so would look at the Honda with the fold down seats but not really sure what i would end up with but I can tell you this is the last Ranger I will own. I have a good friend in Caroline with the same machine as mine and he has experienced all the same issues plus some I have yet to face.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:01 PM

Thanks for the honest opinion. I know Polaris always pushes the envelop on the sxs's but ya I have read a lot of negatives on the forums. Although, brand loyalty always makes it hard to get accurate information.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:04 AM

no problem. If its good I will tell you its good. If its crap I will also tell you. Im not brand loyal to anything (except possibly weatherby)