Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 09:16 PM

My son used to be on that garbage and he was a miserable jerk who had no time for his family and cared little for anyone but himself while he was using it. He quit altogether a few years ago and he is a completely different person. I feel like I got my son back. I hate that crap and the fact that the Libs wan't to make it legal and easier to access tells me just how little regard they have for families in this country .Self serving bunch of punks in Ottawa.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:18 PM

[QUOTE=Sundancefisher;3504097]http://www.cbsnews.com/news/marijuan...d-in-colorado/

http://www.projectknow.com/research/marijuana-overdose/

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/24/health...pot-er-visits/

Pants on fire.

Haha I love how the "project know" article describes a marijuana overdose as basically all the things that happen when you get very high. They should not be calling it an overdose. Have a shower, calm down, it will pass. Don't smoke so much next time. No harm done.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:33 PM

[QUOTE=Passthru;3504115]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/marijuan...d-in-colorado/

http://www.projectknow.com/research/marijuana-overdose/

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/24/health...pot-er-visits/

Pants on fire.

Haha I love how the "project know" article describes a marijuana overdose as basically all the things that happen when you get very high. They should not be calling it an overdose. Have a shower, calm down, it will pass. Don't smoke so much next time. No harm done.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3470439/
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-27-2017, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
I would most certainly agree with the bolded statement. I don't think smoking weed is the end of the world, and in some cases probably desirable over drinking alcohol, however I think overall the legalization of pot will be a detriment to society rather than a benefit with regards to enforcement and health care costs.
I think the experiment started in the US. Marijuana is our Brave New World's soma of today.

It will quell the discontent of a certain segment of the population making them more politically malleable and accepting of status quo.

I don't see is as destructive as alcohol but a little smoke or a drink now and again is one thing. Addiction and over imbibing is something both can have in common.

There is no argument to stop the experiment here as the Liberals have set it in motion.

There will be a cost to society that just like our massive debt building will fall on the younger generation to suffer.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-27-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Slander the medical system. Let me ask you - do you believe that drugs like Oxy are overprescribed?

Where do you think people get their supplies?

Yeah, once in a while you hear of a drug store being robbed.

As for the rest? Doctors are dealing them out like candy - and yeah, i know this. People can use what they need - then sell the rest. There is a reason why these "prescription only" drugs are hitting the street so hard.
No you do not know this. The triplicate system in Alberta is one of the best. It is monitored and monitored close. You get flagged and you get warned if patients are pharmacy shopping, hitting multiple MDs, etc. The College sends a letter pretty quick if they worry you are handing them out like candy or being duped by a patient. Most physicians these days do not even carry a triplicate, hence they cannot prescribe anything more than T3s.

You are over estimating the prescription drugs versus the synthetics and imported from China drugs. Narcotics use is a horrible horrible burden on society and families. Too many young people dying because of ODs. But lets hit the beast where it hurts. Start charging low level dealers with murder. We do it with HIV people who infect others knowingly. If you sell a bad drug and they die why ignore that?

Im not saying prescribed drugs are not out there, but you actually think Mr. S who had a car accident, goes home with oxy, doesnt use all his pain meds says, "hey let me go become a drug dealer and sell these left overs?" Come on.

I think all drugs should be regulated and available to users because of the street quality. User are not dying from oxy, their dying from god knows what narcotic concoctions are out there.

On a side note just because weed becomes legal does not mean everyone is going to do it. The fear that society will all be burnt is laughable. When I was in high school it was way way easier to find a joint than a consistent beer supply. Legalization will not make it more available or entice anyone to do it. If you want to do it you will, if you do not you wont, legal or not. Legalization also does not make it right; smoking is legal but few and fewer are picking up the habit.

Last edited by Fur; 03-27-2017 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
You don't read this stuff do you...

Quote:
Marijuana use in adults has rarely been associated with cardiovascular adverse effects, including hypertension, tachycardia, arrhythmia, and myocardial infarction.
That article is on "synthetic" cannabinoids.

Quote:
Recently, abuse of synthetic cannabinoids, such as the incense “K2” or “Spice,” has been increasingly reported in the lay press and medical literature. Overdose and chronic use of these substances may cause adverse effects including altered mental status, tachycardia, and loss of consciousness. Overdoses in adult patients have been described; however, limited reports in the pediatric population have been documented. A recent case series describes myocardial infarctions in pediatric patients, associated with synthetic cannabinoid use. In this report, we describe two adolescent patients admitted after they inhaled “K2,” resulting in loss of consciousness, tachycardia, and diffuse pain.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:08 PM

My government is a drug dealer

LOL LOL

Omg. And Bill Blair, the biggest liar/bully/lousy cop is coordinating it.

Seriously, this is so much more entertaining than "My Big Fat Fabulous Life"

Next, I wanna see Justin Trudeau highlight WrestleMania.

Canada. One well planned series of 747 crashes away from change......
Old 03-27-2017, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur View Post
Im not saying prescribed drugs are not out there, but you actually think Mr. S who had a car accident, goes home with oxy, doesnt use all his pain meds says, "hey let me go become a drug dealer and sell these left overs?" Come on.
If you don't think that happens, you're a fool and i'm not going to apologize for saying it.

I've got a busted back, have a heck of a time crawling out of bed some mornings. could easily get scripts from a doctor and resell. I don't take pain killers of any sort. But I'm too honest to do it.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
If you don't think that happens, you're a fool and i'm not going to apologize for saying it.

I've got a busted back, have a heck of a time crawling out of bed some mornings. could easily get scripts from a doctor and resell. I don't take pain killers of any sort. But I'm too honest to do it.
That is what I am saying. You think the average Joe gets pain meds and turns around and becomes a drug dealer?
I never said it has never happened, I just said it would be uncommon.

And if you think everyone but yourself is getting pain meds from docs and turning around and selling, well than your a fool.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:28 PM

--Legalizing pot isn't going to make people who never smoked it go out and become dope smoking freaks. If someone wants to try it, they will regardless. If you are weak enough to let drugs (or alcohol) run your life, don't blame the government because they said it would be ok if you used it. Take some responsibility for what you do.
--If prohibition taught us anything, it's that if something is illegal, organized crime will want a piece of it.
--Calling pot a "gateway drug" or a "stepping stone to harder drugs" is like saying "cookies made my kid obese". Again, responsibility for what you do.
--Alcohol makes EVERYONE belligerent. Never seen a belligerent stoner.
--Legalizing pot might be the most fiscally responsible thing Turdo will ever do. Instead of spending millions on policing it, use it to generate tax revenue. Duh..
Old 03-27-2017, 10:28 PM

Almost everyone I know who smokes marihuana is a true addict. The weed controls their life. If you need to smoke marihuana to get your day going, to relax, to go to a movie... then you are an addict. It's pathetic that this garbage will be sold and supplied like it is popcorn. If you have a medical need for marihuana its already available and a licence is easy to get. For those of you that need to get high to go about your life, you truly do need to grow up. My opinion as I have seen alot of people start with marihuana and go on to harder drugs. Rant done.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
They were allowing for 10 grams of weed a day. That doesn't sound like much but that's alot of smoke - over a quarter ounce... I wonder how many were reselling for profit.

Don't feel too bad about it.
So Doctor, with your in depth knowledge of medical MJ and PTSD, how much would you prescribe to a patient who is 100% disabled (unable to function in society) due to his condition?

If one of your patients has an increased tolerance due to its use would you increase the dosage or tell them that it's too dangerous.....or worse, too costly to taxpayers?

I recently read an article about a Veteran who is dependant upon MJ use in order to live a somewhat stable existence and he only smoked a small portion of his allotment and made tea and baked goods with most of it. I highly doubt that he's happy with his situation and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not selling it.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
So Doctor, with your in depth knowledge of medical MJ and PTSD, how much would you prescribe to a patient who is 100% disabled (unable to function in society) due to his condition?

If one of your patients has an increased tolerance due to its use would you increase the dosage or tell them that it's too dangerous.....or worse, too costly to taxpayers?

I recently read an article about a Veteran who is dependant upon MJ use in order to live a somewhat stable existence and he only smoked a small portion of his allotment and made tea and baked goods with most of it. I highly doubt that he's happy with his situation and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not selling it.
Lets do some math. i'm no expert on weed but here goes.

One ounce of weed will give approximately 60 average size joints.
10 grams a day = 300 grams a month.
There's 28 grams in an ounce of weed.
That's over 10 ounces a month.
600 joints a month.

You'd have to smoke what? 20 joints a day?

If you're smoking 20 joints a day, then you have bigger problems than PTSD.

I guarantee alot of vets were reselling.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Lets do some math. i'm no expert on weed but here goes.

One ounce of weed will give approximately 60 average size joints.
10 grams a day = 300 grams a month.
There's 28 grams in an ounce of weed.
That's over 10 ounces a month.
600 joints a month.

You'd have to smoke what? 20 joints a day?

If you're smoking 20 joints a day, then you have bigger problems than PTSD.

I guarantee alot of vets were reselling.
Just because you are prescribed a gram/ day amount does not mean you are ordering the full amount. Not everybody is looking to abuse the system
Old 03-27-2017, 10:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passthru View Post
Just because you are prescribed a gram/ day amount does not mean you are ordering the full amount. Not everybody is looking to abuse the system
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/11/22...s-for-veterans

Quote:
The department said 2,000 of the 3,071 veterans currently being reimbursed for medical cannabis are using four grams a day or more. Nine hundred of those are using the current maximum limit of 10 grams or more.
Note the 10 grams a day "OR MORE".

Lets get a show of hands here - honest question.

Does anyone on here know of ANYONE that can smoke 20 joints a day - every day? I sure don't. Can anyone smoke that much and still function day to day? That's a joint every hour if you're popping 4 hours of sleep a night.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:02 PM

Who cares. Frigg the prescription crap they give you makes your guts bleed and who knows what else. Alcohol is nasty in the wrong hands. Who can really judge anyways. I would like to look close at those who judge. Bet there is something that I don't agree with if you can't handle or understand what weed brings to the table yourself then leave it at that. I don't understand what prescription painkillers are all about. I don't see the attraction to alcohol but obviously some do just like some people have an attraction to smoking weed. Are they hurting or offending you? Absolutely not so just live and let live and accept your brothers for who they are. It's a tuff world don't waste your time being a hypocrite. You are no better in others eyes.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/11/22...s-for-veterans

Note the 10 grams a day "OR MORE".

Does anyone on here know of ANYONE that can smoke 20 joints a day - every day? I sure don't. Can anyone smoke that much and still function day to day? That's a joint every hour if you're popping 4 hours of sleep a night.
Ah, that makes more sense. And no, 20 joints a day is ridiculous.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:30 PM

Quote:
They were allowing for 10 grams of weed a day. That doesn't sound like much but that's alot of smoke - over a quarter ounce... I wonder how many were reselling for profit.

Don't feel too bad about it.

Doesn't sound like much? From what I've heard that's enough to roll twenty marijuana roach cigarettes.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:43 PM
Banned

Quote:

What part of ingesting MJ as opposed to smoking it didn't you understand, Doctor, or did you purposely ignore that portion of my explanation?

Glad to hear that we've finally found something that works for you, Mr Veteran, but 10 grams cost too much so you'll have to make due with 3 grams. We'll pay for all the chemical meds for you to supplement the MJ though. Thank you for your service and sacrifices......Pffffttttt.

If you are going to guarantee that Veterans are selling their med MJ then provide proof of it or stfu! I have never heard of any Veteran selling their medical MJ......ever. What do you think, someone with severe PTSD and can't cope in society is standing on the corner selling his dope? Please educate yourself before making such ignorant comments and accusations. You have no fricken idea!
Old 03-27-2017, 11:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
What part of ingesting MJ as opposed to smoking it didn't you understand, Doctor, or did you purposely ignore that portion of my explanation?

Glad to hear that we've finally found something that works for you, Mr Veteran, but 10 grams cost too much so you'll have to make due with 3 grams. We'll pay for all the chemical meds for you to supplement the MJ though. Thank you for your service and sacrifices......Pffffttttt.

If you are going to guarantee that Veterans are selling their med MJ then provide proof of it or stfu! I have never heard of any Veteran selling their medical MJ......ever. What do you think, someone with severe PTSD and can't cope in society is standing on the corner selling his dope? Please educate yourself before making such ignorant comments and accusations. You have no fricken idea!
You think this is about money?

Ingesting, smoking, vaping - if you're using that much weed on a daily basis, you have a problem - or you're selling it or sharing it.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:04 AM

Quote:

Ingesting, smoking, vaping - if you're using that much weed on a daily basis, you have a problem - or you're selling it or sharing it.
Come on, not everyone is a drug dealer!!

You have basically accused anyone who has MJ and anyone who has ever been prescribed a narcotic a drug dealer. There are some good people in this world!
Old 03-28-2017, 12:07 AM
Banned

Quote:

Wtf do you think severe PTSD is, a fricken blessing? Yeah, some of these guys have major problems and if the MJ helps them survive day to day and stops them from ripping the throat out of some punk that accuses them of milking the system then I'm all for it.....as much as they need....not just 3 grams because it costs taxpayers too much.

Do you think that Justin will put a limit of 3 grams/day on people buying it and paying government taxes on it? You're GD right it's because of the cost.

I've had enough stupidity for one day and I'm done.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Wtf do you think severe PTSD is, a fricken blessing? Yeah, some of these guys have major problems and if the MJ helps them survive day to day and stops them from ripping the throat out of some punk that accuses them of milking the system then I'm all for it.....as much as they need....not just 3 grams because it costs taxpayers too much.

Do you think that Justin will put a limit of 3 grams/day on people buying it and paying government taxes on it? You're GD right it's because of the cost.

I've had enough stupidity for one day and I'm done.
This is turning into another vaccine thread - and this has nothing to do with costs. Here's a kick for you.

To date, there is NO evidence - other than anecdotal - that THC does anything for PTSD. Never been any studies done in North America. However - Israel of all places is leading the way into marijuana research. If you care to read, I urge you to. Getting stoned off THC covers the symptoms at best. And if you want to call this fake news, fill yer boots.

http://veteransformedicalmarijuana.o...-ptsd-symptoms

CBD seems to be the king here.

There is however - finally - a study and real research into the use of marijuana for treating PTSD in Canada. And I really hope they find a way to use weed to really treat PTSD.

And as a side note, even cancer patients sick from chemo don't use 10+ grams of weed a day. have a good night.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur View Post
Come on, not everyone is a drug dealer!!

You have basically accused anyone who has MJ and anyone who has ever been prescribed a narcotic a drug dealer. There are some good people in this world!
No, not everyone, just Veterans who are prescribed MJ to deal with their trauma that is provided to them by Veterans Affairs and paid for by with tax dollars. In real life he'd be throat punched by now.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
This is turning into another vaccine thread - and this has nothing to do with costs. Here's a kick for you.

To date, there is NO evidence - other than anecdotal - that THC does anything for PTSD. Never been any studies done in North America. However - Israel of all places is leading the way into marijuana research. If you care to read, I urge you to. Getting stoned off THC covers the symptoms at best. And if you want to call this fake news, fill yer boots.

http://veteransformedicalmarijuana.o...-ptsd-symptoms

CBD seems to be the king here.

There is however - finally - a study and real research into the use of marijuana for treating PTSD in Canada. And I really hope they find a way to use weed to really treat PTSD.

And as a side note, even cancer patients sick from chemo don't use 10+ grams of weed a day. have a good night.
Google warrior, eh? Wow, a real expert in real life issues. Absolutely no idea about the issue but hey, google says.......

Comparing cancer to an able bodied individual with severe PTSD? What a fricken genius!

Hopefully one day you run into a disabled Veteran and accuse him of milking the system and/or being a drug dealer. You'll see the light real quick!
Old 03-28-2017, 12:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Google warrior, eh? Wow, a real expert in real life issues. Absolutely no idea about the issue but hey, google says.......

Comparing cancer to an able bodied individual with severe PTSD? What a fricken genius!

Hopefully one day you run into a Veteran and accuse him of milking the system and/or being a drug dealer. You'll see the light real quick!
Why don't you use your google fu to find out what heavyweights use per day in weed Dave? And what the long term effects of heavy daily usage is.

You may find that fiercely defending your friend is in fact - enabling dependence. Dependence doesn't always correlate to addiction.

Last edited by silverdoctor; 03-28-2017 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Why don't you use your google fu to find out what heavyweights use per day in weed Dave? And what the long term effects of heavy daily usage is.

You may find that fiercely defending your friend is in fact - enabling.
My friend? They aren't my friends, they are my Brothers and Sisters. I don't need google to educate myself about life like you do, I served with them.

The long term effects......lol. These Soldiers are just living day to day, do you think that they fricken care about the long term effects?

If you didn't or don't have the intestinal fortitude to put your life on the line, for the love of gawd, have the decency to support those that did and came home broken. At the very least, don't ever accuse any of them of milking the system and being low life drug dealers!
Old 03-28-2017, 12:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
My friend? They aren't my friends, they are my Brothers and Sisters. I don't need google to educate myself about life like you do, I served with them.

The long term effects......lol. These Soldiers are just living day to day, do you think that they fricken care about the long term effects?

If you didn't or don't have the intestinal fortitude to put your life on the line, for the love of gawd, have the decency to support those that did and came home broken. At the very least, don't ever accuse any of them of milking the system and being low life drug dealers!
You just said a mouthful, have a good night.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:52 AM

Quote:
No, not everyone, just Veterans who are prescribed MJ to deal with their trauma that is provided to them by Veterans Affairs and paid for by with tax dollars. In real life he'd be throat punched by now.
Yup and than he would be on narcotics and MJ for the pain from the throat punch and after the pain was gone he would sell the left overs
Old 03-28-2017, 01:20 AM
Banned

How much weed do you consume for PTSD Dave?
Closed Thread