Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackPackHunter View Post
The company determines the price
If you look at Bedrocan they have 1 price across the board $6.75 per gram
Now tilray has all different prices , usually price goes with the thc & CBD content
The stronger stuff has higher prices , and these numbers do sell products

But they should be picking price of a stain by watts per gram vs another strain. vs grow time ... But it's marketing like anything else

As this progresses, I think the more disigner strain will fade away, for the better producting strains ...
Thanks. I believe you are correct
Old 03-29-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millartech View Post
You said we wont be able to convince people not to smoke weed and drive. Which is a complete fabrication. It called educating.

Can you convince people not to drink and drive, not to take prescription and non prescription meds and drive?

I have lost people to guns, personal experience, yet I am still in support of gun ownership, why because it is about educating people. You believe it can be done for gun use, then why not weed?

I am done debating this with you as you are clearly stuck in a tunnel vision of hypocrisy and can't see the forest from the trees.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Education? How well has that worked for drinking and driving? Not very....
Old 03-29-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallardMan View Post
It is my opinion that most people smoke marihuana to get high or to feel some type of change in their mental state. They do not smoke it to enjoy the taste... Just because you don't feel high doesn't mean your ability to drive is not impaired. You don't need to be baked ot of your mind to have a slower reaction time while driving. Again for people who need marihuana medically I fully support it. However I am not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend all recreational users are moderately consuming it.

I have a different opinion that does not make me ignorant it makes me opinionated. Arguing that most people are super responsible users is not the case as anyone with a nose can smell people smoking it and driving daily. But hey what does my family's safety matter as long as they aren't "baked out of their mind".
And the same can be said for alcohol, prescription meds, and over the counter meds.

I would not say you are ignorant, I would just hope you hold the same opinion with regards to similar products like the ones mentioned above, otherwise I would probably call it out as hypocritical.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Some types of beer are .5% too. I bet that is what most alcoholics are drinking...I wouldn't be investing in this low THC weed and I have yet to hear of anyone ask me hey do you know where i can get some weed that won't make me high? It is smoked to get high in the vast majority of instances but lets be ignorant and pretend it isn't. It is clear we have differing opinions so lets move on...
I do know people who ask about weed with low thc levels as they don't want to be high. What their reason is I ha e never asked as it is none of my business but they do exist so let's not pretend they dont.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
Education? How well has that worked for drinking and driving? Not very....
So then is it safe for me to assume you would like prohibition of alcohol put back in place? Cause you know education isn't working.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:32 PM

[QUOTE=millartech;3505197]Do you have the same concerns with alcohol, prescription meds, over the counter meds, or guns?

That stuff is legal so it must be ok to drive while on it, operate equipment while on it.

Stupid people make stupid decisions, that is life. It doesn't matter whether it is weed, alcohol, guns, prescription and non prescription meds. Your issue is with the person not the product.

Do you think guns should be banned cause they kill people? For guns I am not worried about my kids have a good head on their shoulder and won't touch one but I can't say the same thing for other kids or their parents. How do I know they teach responsible gun ownership, proper use and transportation. To much risk in guns, can't trust the general population, we should ban them all.

Most coherent and truthful post so far
Old 03-29-2017, 01:33 PM

With few exceptions , everyone I know that smokes this stuff is a professional.
Meaning you would think they did it for a living because it is pretty much all they do . They don't work and if they do they don't do it often.They never have money , except for dope and junk food. They usually smell like they sleep in an outhouse and they can tell you all about how there "recreational" drug of choice is good because it's natural and they aren't hurting anyone .blah blah blah.But yes they smoke it like it's a lifeline they are not addicted to. .

Nothing good will come of this legislation ,but That won't stop the Trudope from pushing it on through.. GD the pusherman
Old 03-29-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
The air is cleaner up here than under your bridge

And I can't believe grown mature men would still sit here and say how wonderful getting stoned is, yet here we are

I have never been one to bend to peer pressure, sure as hell am not going to start now because you like it want it or need it.

Again, not everyone wants that garbage in society, I do not understand why users can not understand that?
Don't recall reading anything in this thread regarding that statement, but certainly doesn't take away from whether or not it should be illegal or not.

You and I had a back and forth a while back, and you mentioned something along the lines of 'enjoying your LEGAL glass of wine with a steak' or something to that effect.

I could take your stance but replace marijuana with alcohol. So my question to you again, once marijuana is legal, and I want to enjoy a LEGAL smoke with my steak, will you be accepting of it then, as you are now of your LEGAL wine that used to be illegal?

Cheers
Old 03-29-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
With few exceptions , everyone I know that smokes this stuff is a professional.
Meaning you would think they did it for a living because it is pretty much all they do . They don't work and if they do they don't do it often.They never have money , except for dope and junk food. They usually smell like they sleep in an outhouse and they can tell you all about how there "recreational" drug of choice is good because it's natural and they aren't hurting anyone .blah blah blah.But yes they smoke it like it's a lifeline they are not addicted to. .

Nothing good will come of this legislation ,but That won't stop the Trudope from pushing it on through.. GD the pusherman
I would question the company you keep. I don't know anyone who smokes weed and is anything that you describe above.

Cheers
Old 03-29-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Performing an illegal drug deal as a young impressionable student is not easier than legally walking into liquor depot and buying a bottle of Baby Duck.

When weed is legalized will it be harder to get than today?
I never said it would be harder to get than today. I don't think it will be. I was referring to kids in school under 18. Which is the vast majority. Before you are 18 it is much easier to get pot than alcohol.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I do know people who ask about weed with low thc levels as they don't want to be high. What their reason is I ha e never asked as it is none of my business but they do exist so let's not pretend they dont.

Low thc weed does exist isn't common or widely sought after. Does it exist? Yes. Let's also not pretend or suggest most people smoking it are not doing so to get high and therefore want a normal to high level of thc. Medical users may be the ones wanting a lowet thc but again I am okay with that as they are treating a condition not smoking to get high and that is already legal.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
And the same can be said for alcohol, prescription meds, and over the counter meds.

I would not say you are ignorant, I would just hope you hold the same opinion with regards to similar products like the ones mentioned above, otherwise I would probably call it out as hypocritical.

I am far from a hypocrite, I don't drink to get high, get a px when i require medication and speak to a pharmacist if I need something over the counter. if someone needs weed to treat an ailment there is already that option. Not sure how I am a hypocrite at all.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
I am far from a hypocrite, I don't drink to get high, get a px when i require medication and speak to a pharmacist if I need something over the counter. if someone needs weed to treat an ailment there is already that option. Not sure how I am a hypocrite at all.
I never said you were a hypocrite I said I would expect you to carry a similar view point to weed as you do alcohol and such, which you appear to, so no not hypocritical.

Old 03-29-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Low thc weed does exist isn't common or widely sought after. Does it exist? Yes. Let's also not pretend or suggest most people smoking it are not doing so to get high and therefore want a normal to high level of thc. Medical users may be the ones wanting a lowet thc but again I am okay with that as they are treating a condition not smoking to get high and that is already legal.
Do you see a difference between me sitting on my deck and enjoying a couple beer in the evening or enjoying a hoot?

Old 03-29-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Would it surprise you that she's also in the medical profession Ken? Doctors were only too glad to prescribe.

I am against prescription meds in many ways. There's a drug for everything - including repackaging for different purposes. Like renamed Paxil for shaking leg syndrome. People are too willing to take.

I'm an addict - cigarettes and coffee. I'd like to see weed more readily accessible.

When a 12 year old child is faced with trying drugs - and they will do it anyway, I'd prefer they be educated enough smoke a joint instead of meth, or heroin, or ecstasy or fentanyl or any of the unknowns that are killing people in droves.

At least legal weed that comes direct from a dispensary is guaranteed clean, not laced with anything stronger.

Keep it coming.
That I can agree on.

As I said before, everyone has their poison and everyone's poison is better than the others.

We would not have this fentanyl fiasco if it was regulated and clean. People who want to do drugs, drink alcohol, smoke will do it regards of the laws or what others think. Each to their own.

As long as it does not affect my safety or harm me in anyway I could careless what others do. Stop worrying about your neighbour, worry about yourself.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
I never said you were a hypocrite I said I would expect you to carry a similar view point to weed as you do alcohol and such, which you appear to, so no not hypocritical.

I am honestly asking a question.
There are so many varietys of wine,Scotch, Beer ect. that one can drink to enjoy the flavor without getting drunk or with caution impaired.

Do you do the same with Pot, can you distinguish types and enjoy them without the high.
It seems to me, my opinion that the point of weed is to get High.

MAC

Save time... see it my way
Old 03-29-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
I am honestly asking a question.
There are so many varietys of wine,Scotch, Beer ect. that one can drink to enjoy the flavor without getting drunk or with caution impaired.

Do you do the same with Pot, can you distinguish types and enjoy them without the high.
It seems to me, my opinion that the point of weed is to get High.

MAC
I appreciate having a level headed discussion with you MAC. It is the true way to discuss something.

Yes I can distinguish between types and flavours. You can also have just a small hoot from a bowl and not have the entire "high" sensation that one could get from smoking an entire joint. There is always a small feeling, but that can also be said of alcohol. That small feeling also depends on tolerance similar to alcohol.

For me, I don't see it any difference between me having a hoot on my deck or a beer on my deck.

Old 03-29-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looper View Post
I call B.S. You're just trying to be dramatic.

Looper
meh..think what you like
Old 03-29-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
of course you don't.
Ok, "of course you do". Better response?
Old 03-29-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
I never said it would be harder to get than today. I don't think it will be. I was referring to kids in school under 18. Which is the vast majority. Before you are 18 it is much easier to get pot than alcohol.
Growing up in sask, legal age was 19. There weren't many 19 year olds left in high school; just the stoners. I'm kidding, people just relax. Seriously though there weren't many 19 year olds left in high school. I don't remember one time that some ones older brother or sister wasn't around. Even knew a few parents that bought the booze. (crazy) Coworkers of age that would buy. Friends a few years older than you. A cousin; the list goes on and on.

Maybe times have changed, or maybe a smaller town you associated with more people than your classmates. In high school I associated with people probably 4 years my junior and senior.

People at the liquor store knew what was happening when a 19 year old went and bought $500 of booze and needed 2 shopping carts and shopped with a list.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:02 PM

The whole lot of ya smarten up - many of you are acting like children
Cat
Old 03-29-2017, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
The whole lot of ya smarten up - many of you are acting like children
Cat
Sorry Cat

Old 03-29-2017, 06:06 PM

I've thought all my life that dinosaurs were extinct. Man was I wrong.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes I can distinguish between types and flavours. You can also have just a small hoot from a bowl and not have the entire "high" sensation that one could get from smoking an entire joint. There is always a small feeling, but that can also be said of alcohol. That small feeling also depends on tolerance similar to alcohol.
I'm different, no tolerance at all for THC. Last time I tried, 2 small puffs, quick in and out. Puked my guts up, spent 4 hours locked up in a body stone, wasn't even sure if I was breathing. Always loved the smell of it.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
I'm different, no tolerance at all for THC. Last time I tried, 2 small puffs, quick in and out. Puked my guts up, spent 4 hours locked up in a body stone, wasn't even sure if I was breathing. Always loved the smell of it.
Each person is definty affected differently. I have a buddy who can have a sip of booze and be puking and peeing out his butt for that night and maybe the next day. Probably an allergy.

Old 03-29-2017, 06:18 PM

Id like to make a deal with Trudeau

Let me use a handgun to hunt, and you can smoke all the dope you want

I think its a good compromise

People can smoke up, I can light up a deer

Neither one of us is dangerous or hurting anyone

Maybe Trudeau will see it my way

If not, well, once I turn 65, Im gonna buy a really big handgun and shoot a moose. By then, Canada will be too stoned to care. 😬

They'll be like "duuuuude....that was AWESOME!!!"

And I'll be like "you hungry?"
Old 03-29-2017, 06:21 PM

Default My take away from this thread...

I want to be the long haired freaky people. How does one go about achieving such status?
Old 03-29-2017, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
I want to be the long haired freaky people. How does one go about achieving such status?
Grow out your hair, grow a beard and get your freak on. don't need weed for that
Old 03-29-2017, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Each person is definty affected differently. I have a buddy who can have a sip of booze and be puking and peeing out his butt for that night and maybe the next day. Probably an allergy.

Isn't that the truth... I have friends that can't touch rye at all, complete Jeckyl and Hyde.

2 beer flattens me, but yet, hard liquor takes a while to kick in.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post

If not, well, once I turn 65, Im gonna buy a really big handgun and shoot a moose. By then, Canada will be too stoned to care. 😬

They'll be like "duuuuude....that was AWESOME!!!"

And I'll be like "you hungry?"
Now if you could only find a way to include a quadder, granola cruncher and burka wearing lady (or man...who really knows what's behind there?) in that scenario we might have world peace!
Closed Thread