Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-19-2016, 09:52 PM

Default It's not a free help yourself pail.

Recently at the range in Parkland I took a wander over to the lost and found arrow pail to see if any of my lost arrows were found and put in there .
Not lucky , none of mine in the pail.
But , what is with almost every found arrow in the pail having the noc's missing.
Are some of you realy that cheap , low and sleazy to strip the noc's and points out of the found arrow bucket.

That bucket is there for a reason, and it isn't there to be a free parts store for cheap skates.
I can see a few would be missing from being lost and hitting a tree, but when about 80% of the found arrows are striped, that is disgusting dishonest and just plain cheap .
Rant over.
Pete
Old 07-19-2016, 11:06 PM

Default Lost arrows

I agree with you pete, those arrows belong to someone. The broken arrow box is another matter.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:10 AM

Yup...only takes one halfwit to relieve the entire bucket of goodies...lost and found arrows, if they aren't yours leave them be.

LC
Old 07-20-2016, 04:10 AM

There in a bucket no one wants them what's the big deal and no I dont shoot a bow
Old 07-20-2016, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by last minute View Post
There in a bucket no one wants them what's the big deal and no I dont shoot a bow
The owners who lost them want them. It's like shopping at a lost and found....but you don't pay a dime, and you take things that weren't yours in the first place.

LC
Old 07-20-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
The owners who lost them want them. It's like shopping at a lost and found....but you don't pay a dime, and you take things that weren't yours in the first place.

LC
fair enough I am glad I don't shoot a bow I don't have to worry about lost arrows if I am going to get them back or not.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:58 AM

I agree with you Pete... There's not a lot of ''If it's not yours leave it be'' left anymore...
Leroy
Old 07-20-2016, 10:13 AM

Default Arrows

Last minute...if you don't shoot a bow you probably don't know how we do it.

At a range or a shoot if you find an arrow you put it in the pail on a table etc. and the owner can get his arrow back. It's an honour to help someone who's lost and arrow. At the end of the shoot or the year if it's a permanent shooting range the unclaimed arrows are auctioned off or raffled etc. That only happens once we're reasonably sure that no one is going to claim them. Sometimes they're given to kids to shoot and probably lose again very quickly. It's always fun to find my expensive arrows in that pail and I'm sure everyone feels the same way!

There's a broken arrow box in some places where folks put their broken ones so that no one gets injured trying to shoot them again we usually break them before putting them in the box. I've been known to scavenge aluminum arrows from that box to use as footing on my carbon arrows. I see no foul in doing that.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:10 PM

I use to shoot a bow back in the 80's so I do know how it goes but thanks for explaining it.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:08 PM

We have a lost arrow bucket at our range too. Only difference is that people just take the whole arrow, and not just the nocks and points.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanrd View Post
We have a lost arrow bucket at our range too. Only difference is that people just take the whole arrow, and not just the nocks and points.
I know this happens at our place too. I relieved a fellow of a couple of my arrows from his quiver last year when he walked past and I recognised them .

Bottom line is you are a thief if you take things that do not belong to you.