Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-29-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
Registered for lifetime warranty but first warranty trip to the shop was well before a year. Second one was just as the 2 years from Home Depot was expiring so it was covered. 6 months later I contacted Rigid in US again because it was doing the same thing and was now supposedly on the life time warranty from rigid. they said they had no record of me sending them the registration as required. Assured them I had done so but apparently they are not responsible for non delivery by postal service. I shouldnt need 3 trips to the warranty shop on a new tool with in the first 3 years, so told her I am only responsible for Robert Bosch tools from here on in because that is all I am buying. I register all my Bosch tools (5) on line and have access to my registration as well as online support.
Even for home (farm) use Bill the difference in price for hobbyist and professional tools is usually within $100. No more rigid or other cheap tools again.
X2 here. Bought the Ridgid combo pack from Home Depot and registered my battery, charger, and driver on their website. A bit later they emailed back saying I'd have to mail (registered) the actual receipt for the registration to be valid. So much for their quoted no hassle warranty. Oh well. If/when this (albeit nice enough for what I do- drywall moonlighting, etc) thing woofs her cookies I'll get what I wanted in the first place....something that starts with M.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:14 PM

Default Rigid

I have the Milwaukee 18v and 12v driver/impact sets for home use. For work (construction industry) I have the rigid set along with the cordless 18g nailer and circular saw. Have been using them for about 4 years now with no complaints. Our crew guys use Makita and seem to get good use out of them. IMHO Dewalt are the lowest on my list...have had two 18v sets that lasted less than a year:-(
Old 03-29-2017, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewalt18 View Post
I bought the 20v dewalt combo about 18 months ago, KMS tools, $250 out the door. Used every day since in a proffesional situation (sheet metal worker) and still going strong. When I kill this set, I'll replace with the exact same. Light, tourqey, durable.

Al some, I'm still in the trade and use the complete 18 volt dewalt cordless.

Just got back from Phoenix, NASCAR on Sunday and Dewalt tools were found in the Pits other thane the Bosch sponsor pits.
Being in the trade all my life, Dewalt is a good choice.

Bobby
Old 04-03-2017, 02:56 PM

My shop is all Milwaukee and Makitas both cordless and power cord. You get what you pay for.