Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-26-2017, 06:08 AM

Thumbs down Nitecore customer service

I would shy away from buying any of their products in the future...

I purchased the Nitecore NWS10 whistle in December 2016 which was advertised as working in any conditions and the body is made from a single piece of titanium making it sound almost indestructible. Well, I wore it twice on my winter jacket for snowboarding trips, and right when I needed to use the whistle instead of a 110Db blast I barely got any noise. I was able you yell louder! And yes, I did practice using it before under ideal conditions and it worked fine. I saw the Teflon resonator seemed to have shifted inside and that is my guess why it no longer works.

I contacted Nitecore as this is clearly a manufacture defect and they told me I would have to ship it to their office... IN CHINA. I shopped around for quotes and it would cost me between $70-$100 to ship a $30 whistle. Nitecore wouldn't help me beyond that and said I should contact the dealer I purchased it from. I had no expectation from the dealer to somehow repair a whistle and sure enough the dealer wasn't able to do much.

So warning to everyone out there! If you get a Nitecore product don't expect any help if its defective... unless you want to pay an absurd amount to ship it across the world!
Old 03-26-2017, 07:45 AM

Who is the dealer?
Old 03-26-2017, 09:23 AM

In my opinion the dealer should be dealing with this.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-28-2017, 07:18 PM

It was through Warriors and Wonders, they have a 14 day exchange which was already past that point and Nitecore doesn't allow them to processes repairs or credits on their products.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:37 PM

can't go wrong with one of these

http://www.fox40world.com/index.cfm?...c_CMG&id=56304

tested and true, if you're looking for an alternate.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
can't go wrong with one of these

http://www.fox40world.com/index.cfm?...c_CMG&id=56304

tested and true, if you're looking for an alternate.
Thanks! Ill look into it
Old 03-29-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches View Post
It was through Warriors and Wonders, they have a 14 day exchange which was already past that point and Nitecore doesn't allow them to processes repairs or credits on their products.

like most have said, it's with the dealer. Warriors and Wonders carry rarer (for Canada) product lines but are reeally expensive so I have never dealt with them. Warriors and Wonders not going to bat for you is really not good-seals the deal for me ever buying from them.

same thing with 911 supply in YYC. bought a Fenix flashlight for a specific trip. it was a demo and cratered before I left.

when I returned it they had new stock of my light but wouldn't replace it, took a whole 6 weeks for Fenix to fix it. won't deal with an outfit like that-baaad customer service @ 911 supply.

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology