Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 09-28-2008, 12:03 PM

Smile Hi there and.....

Hi folks. I am new to this site but not so new to archery. I do a bit of coaching and when I was in B.C. I did some hunting. Since my move to Alberta about six years ago (Beaumont area) I haven't really done much hunting but I am getting back into it again.
That being said I have been to a couple of Archery pro-shops in the area then watched the ownership change in the one I was frequenting. I am not sure if it is me or if the new owner is ......how can I say this tactfully.....unaware of customer importance?
So on the off chance that he or someone he knows ever reads this, I was wondering what you folks feel is important to you when you go to spend YOUR money in an archery related shop? Service? Attitude? Selection? Maybe I see things all wrong as well and it is me being too picky so if you can help out with some priorities here maybe I will find I need the attitude change.
I look forward to hanging out here and I will try and contribute when I can as my son and I learn a bit more about bowhunting Alberta......Kerry
Old 09-28-2008, 03:48 PM

Kerry!

Hows it going, Hows life treating you?

Richard
Old 09-28-2008, 04:30 PM

if you are looking for a great place to shoot your bow ,and a great place to shot the sh*t try pipestone. jim is a great guy friendly fairly cheap not the greatest selection, but not bad i buy allmost everthing from him.. sherwood park has realy changed a lot also, good group of guys a little expensive but they have a good selection. welcome to the site alot of good guys/gals on here.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:00 PM

Default Hi

Thanks for the replies. I agree with Pipestone, cannot agree with the other at all.
Hey Richard, nice to find you again! I am still doing the 3D thing, but looking for a new dealer to buy from these days.
Are you still shooting at the Sherwood Park Lanes or have you moved to another place?