Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 09-17-2008, 01:25 PM

Lightbulb ALPINE ARCHERY Soft Lok Bow Quiver

Hoochie Papa mentioned in this thread that the ALPINE ARCHERY Soft Lok Bow Quiver would be an ideal Xmas gift. I had never heard of it until now and since I started using mechanicals this year I realized what a pain the foam is for them and was thinking my next quiver will clamp the arrows twice so the foam is not responsible for holding the arrow tight. I googled this quiver and realized that it also has dampening technology built into it, so I ask.

Who's got one already? Any feedback or thoughts? Any other bow on quivers people love? (My current quiver was just a quick purchase when I bought my first bow 7 years ago, and I did not put much thought into it, nor did I have the expertise/knowledge to ask the proper questions about different quivers)
Old 09-17-2008, 04:18 PM

I have their 5 arrow quiver, brother in law has the 3. I like the soft lock because even after a few years it can't wear down and make noise like a slide lock. Recommend taking out the first piece of foam though so that your broadheads are set up into the top, but not totally inserted into the foam.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:53 PM

My old standby was the Qwikee Kwiver until the mounting bracket cracked (might have been overtightened) and started to vibrate. My replacement was an Octane two piece quiver. Both Octance models bolt to your bow. They have magnetic hoods which are perfect for mechanicals, dead silent removal, but adds some weight. You can replace the magnetic insert with a foam insert that is "precut", lightweight and works for mechanicals because there is no blade pressure.
Shot a 4x4 whitetail at 15 yards while stalking on Saturday using a G5 Tekan broadhead; quiver worked great too.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:30 AM

Default Alpine

I bought the 5 arrow this summer and love it. I like the fact I can adjust the height of the quiver so my nocks don't protrude past the end of the bow. Also it is very quite and I bought the tree adapter to attach to a tree. I highly recommend it!
Old 09-18-2008, 01:14 PM

I bought mine (5 arrow) a couple of months ago and love it. Can't beat the bang for buck, I like looks of the new stuff but for $150+ (matthews & Octane) I couldn't justify it. Got mine off E-bay for around $40 w/ matching lost camo. It does actually dampen with the quiver on. Great range of movement & easy to take on & off fast. I'd reccomend it over the others in the same price range but that's just my opinion.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRackLover View Post
Hoochie Papa mentioned in this thread that the ALPINE ARCHERY Soft Lok Bow Quiver would be an ideal Xmas gift. I had never heard of it until now and since I started using mechanicals this year I realized what a pain the foam is for them and was thinking my next quiver will clamp the arrows twice so the foam is not responsible for holding the arrow tight. I googled this quiver and realized that it also has dampening technology built into it, so I ask.

Who's got one already? Any feedback or thoughts? Any other bow on quivers people love? (My current quiver was just a quick purchase when I bought my first bow 7 years ago, and I did not put much thought into it, nor did I have the expertise/knowledge to ask the proper questions about different quivers)
I've heard a lot of good things about this quiver from a couple of people. I would give it a try if I were you. If you own a Mathews and are feeling a bit rich, you may want to look at thier quiver. It looks darn fine to me, just won't fit other company's bows easily.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:46 AM

I've used mine since they first come out and wouldn't switch.The wife used the same one.They're great quivers.They work well with mech.,used snypers and the blades never cammed back on me while in the quiver.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:58 PM

I had one for 2 seasons with all the options-tree, hip. Only problem was the quiver popping off the bow. After a season, this was almost constant.