Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-10-2016, 03:53 PM

Default Bow time machine

Anybody rocking one of these presses? Thinking about buying one for myself after xmas as they are the best priced press/draw board combo i could find on the market.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2016, 07:21 PM

I bought a BTM from Jim earlier this year right before he changed his press design. It's a well made press, but even though he stated it would press the 2016 Hoyt's past parallel bows, I never felt comfortable pressing it more than just enough to do minor adjustments on my Defiant 34; in my opinion, the catch bar on his previous designs was just not adequate to secure the bow when pressed. His new design looks like a big improvement for pressing the past parallel Hoyts and the fingers look like they're easier to adjust between different bows as well.

The biggest advantage for the BTM for me was portability in not requiring a set work space for a press like the LCA EZ Press. If I had a dedicated work bench for a press, I'd probably go with the LCA and make my own draw board. If you're planning to remove the axles and work on the cams, I do feel the LCA press is more secure just by design of how the fingers are locked into place; not to say it can't be done on the BTM, but I just feel that the LCA is a more secure design if you're stripping the bow down completely.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlou View Post
I bought a BTM from Jim earlier this year right before he changed his press design. It's a well made press, but even though he stated it would press the 2016 Hoyt's past parallel bows, I never felt comfortable pressing it more than just enough to do minor adjustments on my Defiant 34; in my opinion, the catch bar on his previous designs was just not adequate to secure the bow when pressed. His new design looks like a big improvement for pressing the past parallel Hoyts and the fingers look like they're easier to adjust between different bows as well.

The biggest advantage for the BTM for me was portability in not requiring a set work space for a press like the LCA EZ Press. If I had a dedicated work bench for a press, I'd probably go with the LCA and make my own draw board. If you're planning to remove the axles and work on the cams, I do feel the LCA press is more secure just by design of how the fingers are locked into place; not to say it can't be done on the BTM, but I just feel that the LCA is a more secure design if you're stripping the bow down completely.
Ya im torn between the 2. Ive built a draw board before so i know howeasy and cheap they are to make

Old 12-12-2016, 10:36 AM

Ended up ordering a lca ez green press. Gonna build a draw board.