Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 09-22-2008, 04:48 PM

Default Archery Blinds?

I'm in the market for a new blind. Would like one big enough to accomodate my "plus sized" frame and be able to comfortably shoot out of. Short of breaking the bank and buying a double bull does anyone have any recomendations about what to get? (any of you that have a double bull let me know if you like it and think it's worth the $) I looked at a pop up from Eastman the other day that my buddy has my only bad thought about it was that the shooting ports looked small (maybe 6-8" across and 12" tall), it did have shoot through mesh which I like for conceilment but I would imagine it might take some getting used to shooting through. Any thoughts would be appreciated the last thing I want to do is to get one only to realize that it won't work.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:56 PM

I have a double bull matrix and love it....I have used them bow hunting and had lots of room. The quality is great and you won't regret buying one, that is after you get over the price. Shop around and you can find them cheaper...I bought mine from a dealer on an archery site out the US and it was alot cheaper than up here.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:07 PM

Double Bull's are nice but the price, ouch! I bought a Bigview Extreme from Cabela's last year and it's quite roomy and I certainly wish I had that blind last night! There's a very similar one being sold in a few pro shops in Alberta and I know that Corey @ Jodi-Lee's in Lloydminster is stocking them and although I can't remember the price offhand it seemed pretty reasonable to me.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:36 PM

I just got a double bull 2 weeks ago and it is the best blind that I have ever owned it has lots of room and the animals are not botherd by it at all. I have had some of the cheeper ones and they are just sh-- compared to the double bull the price isnt nice but they work
Old 09-22-2008, 05:51 PM

Yep, another vote here for the Double Bulls. We have the one a step down from the Matrix. Not quite as roomy, but doable for sure with some practice while killing some time.

I really liked being out of the wind, and the fact that it warms up pretty well inside once the sun gets on it. My first time using it allowed me to actually sit in one spot for almost 7 consecutive hours, which beat my previous record by about 5 hours!

I recall a member of this site who had made his own hay bale style blind that was amazing and had written it up really, really well (I'll try and dig it up). I've also wondered about picking up a couple of cheap tents, adding some mesh and shooting ports and spray painting the exterior. Maybe that's the cheap azz Scotsman in me though!

Tree
Old 09-22-2008, 05:53 PM

Thanks for the replies. Harv, any chance you'd share that US archery site? (You can pm me if you would perfer.) Any particular model of double bull a guy should look at in regards to the best archery options?
Old 09-22-2008, 05:54 PM

That was easy. It was our very own Tbark who pulled this trick off to perfection. Good stuff there Mr T!

Tree

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...ht=bale+blinds
Old 09-22-2008, 07:49 PM

I picked up a Ameristep Intimidator this summer.
So far I like it.
- roomy 60"x60"
- easy to setup (30 seconds)
- can open up anyside
- blacked out inside so game cant see in

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 09-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Banned

Default double bull

Hey big fella ,gotta put a vote in for the DB Matrix awesome blind. Come over and see it. You can use it if you don't buy one this year. Give me a shout. D
Old 09-24-2008, 07:12 AM

Default double bull

Gets my vote...plenty of room and you can shoot 360 degrees just make sure the windows are closed behind you or they will see your outline.And oh yeah make sure you hide it from other so called sportsman as I lost my Matrix last week to some azzhole.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:18 AM

Another vote for the 360 Matrix. Sure they seem expensive, but then again, you'll probably use the thing for 10-15 years at the least, doing that math it's only like $30 a year.
Double bull blinds were built and designed by hard core hunters, for hunters.
The 360 in particular is big and roomy and sets up and takes down in literally seconds.
Spend the extra on a DB, you won't be disappointed.
I ordered mine from Cabelas, and was able to save considerable money when comparing to Alberta prices.
Let us know what you decide.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:27 AM

A vote for the Double Bull T2.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:56 AM

Cabelas sells the "fulldraw blind" which is only $100 dollars and is long enough to let anyone draw comfortable in it. I have owned several blinds expensive and cheap and found this to be one of the few that I can draw comfortable in without risking rubbing against something. I own 2 of them and recommend them to anyone.