Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-04-2016, 12:00 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFY View Post
Who says I can't afford it ? Who says I don't own a quarter ?I have stated that hunting should not be a rich man sport. Not everybody has money to burn. You state about other jurisdictions in north America . But there is no other jurisdiction in Canada that gives landowners tags . So again who give s sh!t what Americans do . They have to pay to hunt to . I bet you are pushing for that as well aren't you as all farmers are poor? I will make sure that all landowner tags get taken so people like you will wait your turn like everybody else . I am also going to try and get the old rule brought back if you post your land you can't hunt it either .
Why don't you post your own name?, that way your hate for land owners will only get you denied access and not everyone they don't personally know...
Old 01-04-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Why don't you post your own name?, that way your hate for land owners will only get you denied access and not everyone they don't personally know...
Lol . Why is it things were just fine before the changes and landower tags? Everybody is just worried about what they can get. I want to see hunting for everybody and the kids like it use to be . Now it is all about greed .
Old 01-04-2016, 12:20 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Lol . Why is it things were just fine before the changes and landower tags? Everybody is just worried about what they can get. I want to see hunting for everybody and the kids like it use to be . Now it is all about greed .
Yup, you're right, pretty sad that some greedy people are ticked off that land owners get to hunt their own land.....
Old 01-04-2016, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yup, you're right, pretty sad that some greedy people are ticked off that land owners get to hunt their own land.....
Not at all. But they shouldn't be able to hunt the more desirables ( antlered mule deer) EVERY year. I'd be happy to give them 3 antlerless mule deer landowner tags. Not a problem.
I would even agree to 2 priority points for every draw year on antlered MD.
Some zones the LO could hunt every other year. Some zones every 4.

EVERY year for high priority draws is too much.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntwat View Post
I would even agree to 2 priority points for every draw year on antlered MD.
Some zones the LO could hunt every other year. Some zones every 4.

EVERY year for high priority draws is too much.
That is the first reasonable suggestion for changes to antlered mule deer landowner allocations I have read in this thread.

Would you be okay with applying that to all draws?

On that vein, how about allowing non landowning residents the opportunity to get a one time, one priority point bump if they live in the zone, or have landowning family members / friends living in that zone willing to transfer that priority point bump to them?

Last edited by Pikebreath; 01-04-2016 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikebreath View Post
That is the first reasonable suggestion for changes to antlered mule deer landowner allocations I have read in this thread.

Would you be okay with applying that to all draws?

On that vein, how about allowing non landowning residents the opportunity to get a one time, one priority point bump if they live in the zone, or have landowning family members / friends living in that zone willing to transfer that priority point bump to them?
No and No.
That being said, priority points should be able to be handed over or inherited by immediate family.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
No and No.
That being said, priority points should be able to be handed over or inherited by immediate family.
You telling me my non hunting family should be able to build priority point then give them to me?
Old 01-04-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
No and No.
That would be the silliest idea ever. People that don't hunt, or that haven't hunted in many years, and don't intend to hunt again, would be applying for draws just to give the priority to their relatives. All that a person needs to do to apply is to purchase a WIN card, you don't even need to be eligible to hunt.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
BTW, before we had mule bucks on a draw and landowner tags, we had the 3 point rule, which if you are old enough to remember was the epitome of mule deer mismanagement in this province.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Like it not, landowners hold the keys to the playground,,, and anti-landowner sentiment will most certainly close more gates and open the possibility to paid hunting as the solution to those locked gates.

I do not want see paid hunting in this province any more than you do,,,, but I do see a need for distinction in allocation priority when it comes to "residency status". We currently make distinctions between non res alien, non resident, resident and resident landowners when it comes to allocations.

Yes we need to examine those allocations as to how they are distributed, but to completely eliminate allocations just becuz it doesn't seem fair from your personal perspective, without considering the implications and future possible ramifications is hardly wise.

Is a handful of mule deer buck tags really worth all this spiteful rhetoric?
exactly . If landowners loose them antlered tags is it just that big of a deal. Exactly no it ain't for 90% of landowners .

Quote:
hunt all you want . Lock it down . I don't care As long as you have to wait in line like everybody else

Quote:
BTW, before we had mule bucks on a draw and landowner tags, we had the 3 point rule, which if you are old enough to remember was the epitome of mule deer mismanagement in this province.
Yes I do remember that and I agree that was missmanagmebt for bucks but again it was not about the greed of big horns like it is today. It was about hunting for meat for the freezer . Two totally different things .