Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-27-2007, 11:48 AM
-NDN-

Thumbs down manitoba fishing report so far

so far ive been to a graduation, shopping, visiting thew wifes old friends, and fished the assiniboine river.

woooopie. I caught a couple stone cats and hooked but lost something big. Was probably a big Drum, or a carp.

if i was in winnipeg today like i was SUPPOSED TO BE, i was invited on a 18 foot boat from some friends in winnipeg, to go fish a lake in whiteshell park for smallies, pike and crappies.

But as always, if the brother in law is out of town from winnipeg, the family over here sees no point in driving into winnipeg.

Soooooooooooooooo, i leave tomorrow by myself, LOL gonna fish for catfish bait in the morning, then check out S.I.R. and a few other places, then go to Lockport around mid afternoon into the evening for Channel Cats. who needs the others, Muh hahahahahahahahahaha

P.S. - dont get a wood tick in your butt crack
Old 06-27-2007, 11:55 AM
sheephunter

You sure they were stone cats???? More likely a bullhead. Stone cats are very very rare west of the St. Lawrence.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:02 PM
-NDN-

well yes they are Bull heads, but the locals call them Stonecats. I call them bait for bigger catfish

going down in a while to see if we can pull out some sucker, goldeye and mooneye for channel catfish bait tomorrow. Although i can catcha bucket full of goldeye at the Locks tomorrow in 10 minutes. Hopefully if all is well, ill be on the winnipeg river system for smallies on saturday
Old 06-27-2007, 12:12 PM
sheephunter

Yes, goldeye are definitely the bait of choice for those big old cats. Had a riot hooking catfish on slip bobbers one time just below the locks. I'd love to try that again. Fish were up in less than two feet of water and went insane when you set the hook. Good luck.

Hopefully you can get into some white bass on the river as well. Man they are fun to catch on light gear.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:14 PM

NDN,
I've noticed that since you left for 'vacation' you've been online more than ever....haha.....Me thinks you need to turn off the com-geek-ter and go and have some fun fishing rather than sitting online.....

I'm stuck at work...but when I'm at home, I'd rather be enjoyin life......

Had to bug ya man!! Get out and catch some fish!!
Old 06-27-2007, 12:17 PM
-NDN-

no worries Rack, im on the laptop outside while Lunch is being BBQ'd. Am this is just one of about 40 sites i visit daily So dont think i waste my time just here
Old 06-27-2007, 12:52 PM

Ewww...vacations aint a place where laptops and message boards should be allowed......and if you're just waiting for bbq, thats a hell of a long bbq....get out, enjoy a Corona....and put the computer away......lol
Old 06-27-2007, 02:26 PM

Default !!!

that's ndn fer ya'....
drives 5 hrs for 12" trout and travels halfway across canada to sit on a computer!!!!
i hear he cooks meals while out for a day of ice fishing too!!!!
this guys fishes less on fishing trips than anyone i've met!!!!

just effin' with ya' bigbore!!!!
i'm actually super-jealous!!!!
eagerly awaiting pics....gw
Old 06-27-2007, 02:42 PM

NDN, where is the slideshow or are there no worthy pics without your star fisherman being there?

And I have to agree with the others, put the laptop down, grab the Quantum and go!!

I leave Friday noon for Saskatchewan. Going to hit Dief (walleyes and rainbows), Boundary Dam ( largemouth), mom's cabin for walleyes and big pike and then Murphy (Corona's with cousins and the odd walleye).

See ya in 3 weeks!
Old 06-27-2007, 05:05 PM
-NDN-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
Ewww...vacations aint a place where laptops and message boards should be allowed......and if you're just waiting for bbq, thats a hell of a long bbq....get out, enjoy a Corona....and put the computer away......lol

our borders arent a place for message boards, your letting in to many _ _ _ _ due to not paying attention. And dont insult me with that pee water, that stuff takes the hair "off" your chest
Old 06-27-2007, 05:07 PM
-NDN-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
NDN, where is the slideshow or are there no worthy pics without your star fisherman being there?

And I have to agree with the others, put the laptop down, grab the Quantum and go!!

I leave Friday noon for Saskatchewan. Going to hit Dief (walleyes and rainbows), Boundary Dam ( largemouth), mom's cabin for walleyes and big pike and then Murphy (Corona's with cousins and the odd walleye).

See ya in 3 weeks!

Star of the show????? hahah, what a mushroom and a piece of spaghetti??? See ya when you get back.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
this is just one of about 40 sites i visit daily
You are kidding ?

Sure don't have dial up

Takes me an hour to visit about 6-8 sites !

You had best cut the apron strings & post some Cat picks, Large Mouth, Small mouth......etc.......or stay till you can !

Old 06-27-2007, 09:46 PM
-NDN-

Smile

the outlook aint so great, just got back from Rivers, MB. everywalleye hooked got off the hook right by shore, they would spazz out like they knew i was gonna eat them. the brother in laws stepson managed a nice sucker.

i wont be uploading any pics until i get back to AB. forgot my USb cord