Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-15-2018, 10:05 PM

Default Engine Flush

Just wondering what our members do with their outboards or inboards after they get home from a fishing or pleasure boating trip, be it a day a week or two on the water. Not talking salt water but feel free to mention if you want. Mostly if you boat in fresh water that has some or a lot of algae. Do you put the muffs on, run the engine and flush or use the hose attachment on the engine and flush no need to run ( not sure what it's called but I have one and use it.) Myself I usually flush my Yamaha 150 2 Stroke after each trip and clean the outer casing, also the same with kicker. Oh ya the boat gets a good brush wash. I will, depends on how many lakes I visit the trailer also gets a work over. I also carry a thin but sturdy 1 ft piece of wire to run through the pee hole tube in case it does not spew. Has happened. Thanks for any input
Old 08-18-2018, 07:03 PM

Nothing, as long as the water pump circulates she's good to go. Don't over think it.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmax05 View Post
Nothing, as long as the water pump circulates she's good to go. Don't over think it.
Yes true enough but have had it plug up the odd time with lake junk, so I flush. Just wondering what others do cause of all the algae in our lakes.