Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-14-2018, 08:36 AM
AO Sponsor

Pretty sure there is only one place on the mainland and V Island that is consistently producing dockfuls of fish daily. We did it last year and the Serengeti photos do not lie!!! You should have seen the dock with four boats limits put together... astounding!

Only one place, Port Hardy, only one company in Port Hardy that produces like that!

Photos do not lie. We've all seen them. I went to Hardy 5 years ago too, but with a different company, and our results were very poor because it wasn't Serengeti!

Food... yummy! Delightful! Lunches were good too.
Service... second to none. These people bend in ways for you like nobody else!

Dig thru all the other charter company's photo galleries. It is very difficult to find companies that produce like Serengeti, and the ones that do seem to be one man/boat shows, as in a good man with his own boat and no employees.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:58 AM

I have gone with Serengeti twice in the last three years and have come out loaded with fish both times. Sometimes the ocean/weather does not allow for bottom fishing...hardly their fault.
They are on the pricey side but the boats are comfortable, the gear top notch, the lodging good, the guides (IMHO) friendly and knowledgeable. Dave Sr is a great host...picked us up and dropped us off at the airport.
Every day we watched as all the other guide boats pulled up their lines and headed for port early. We would stay and fish for hours after that.
I can't say that others didn't have equally good experiences, but my time with Serengeti was fantastic!!