Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-18-2019, 08:38 AM

Default Westlock Crime Wave

https://globalnews.ca/news/5391582/w...T7AAdAYkjVEGvo

http://albertapressleader.ca/watch-t...CUYlpGUhUhk88c
Old 06-18-2019, 08:44 AM

I'm a little disappointed that the driver didn't suffer from lead poisoning.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bull View Post
I'm a little disappointed that the driver didn't suffer from lead poisoning.
Yup. Stolen truck, existing warrants for their arrest, aggressive assault of the police using the large, lifted truck as a weapon. Those officers let a justifiable shoot go to waste! The cretins even had illegal possession of a firearm when they got busted, let’s see if the guy serves a minimum sentence for the firearm charge alone? I won’t be holding my breath . If they’re not enforcing firearms charges against the type of sociopathic scumbags that Damian Devon Thomas clearly is, then why are they coming after law abiding firearms owners?

I’d like to see our firearm advocacy groups chart criminal firearms charges laod versus ones that are dropped or plead out. They should not be able to be plead out when possessed unlawfully by a known violent criminal. If we had pie charts or graphs of how many firearms charges laid against actual criminals get dropped or plead out, we’d have some revealing ammunition to show how the courts and the lawyers are the failure rather than the lawful gun owners. Criminals should be in jail, period.

At least the guy remains in custody, but it’s a shame that his skanky female partner in crime isn’t also locked up.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:03 AM

I am sure glad no innocent bystanders or LEO's were hurt.

This is the part that bothers me the most.

'The man driving the truck and a woman who was a passenger were taken to the local hospital to be checked out and were then taken to the Westlock RCMP detachment. RCMP said both suspects had arrest warrants out of other areas.'

But, I guess they may have been checking for BAC or drug impairment, which of course might sway the sentencing under the 'I was not responsible for my action' bs so often seen in Court.

In the States there would have been 5 Officers reloading 7 times each making sure they hit their mark after the attempted murder of the Leo's.

They will be out in 15 minutes after crying about how terrible things are, no work in the patch, daddy beat me, whatever they can blame society for.

Aggravating isn't it?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 06-18-2019, 09:07 AM

I echo Ken’s sentiment, that truck should have looked like a pasta colander and the suspects been taken into custody with a wet/dry shop vac and a mop.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:32 AM
Banned

Looks like Hope Nixon should have her fingers cut off and some judges should be fired. Just last year she was busted for theft and trafficking, our pathetic justice system has her on the streets continuing her crime spree. What a waste of skin.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/edmonto...-chop-shop/amp
Old 06-18-2019, 09:33 AM

There should have been no high risk take down, just two bodies full of holes, and a few dozen empty cartridge cases to pick up. These two are career criminals, that will soon be back endangering more lives, after the authorities spend hundreds of thousands of taxpayers dollars prosecuting and housing them.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:39 AM
Banned

She’s already out and most likely planning her next B&E, her buddy will most likely be out within the next couple days. If you see these faces make sure they aren’t packing your stuff.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:47 AM

While I agree that they should have been been aerated, the police have to fear grievous bodily harm or death to use lethal force. I suppose in this case, they maybe weren't afraid that they were going to be killed?
Old 06-18-2019, 11:03 AM

There is never a backhoe around when you need one!

Our court system has become a total joke. Law abiding citizens get absolutely raped by the courts, charged for stuff that should never be prosecuted like defending your family, and you get locked up longer for drunk driving than for intentionally killing someone. All the this while career criminals and gang members are coddled. I do not hold out much hope this will change any time soon.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:56 AM

judges are one of the few professionals that are grossly overpaid and are not held accountable in any way when they make a bad decision . at least politicians can be kicked out of office after their term . judges can keep the revolving door spinning without any concern how it affects the regular citizens of the province .

so yeah , these two will get a slap on the wrist and will be back in circulation in no time , and the judge will collect his $300k a year and laugh all the way to the bank .
Old 06-18-2019, 11:58 AM

Part of the problem is that the media likes to paint the criminals as victims.

From today's edition of the CBC online:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ideo-1.5178788
Old 06-18-2019, 12:04 PM

Exclamation sell the idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
There is never a backhoe around when you need one!

Our court system has become a total joke. Law abiding citizens get absolutely raped by the courts, charged for stuff that should never be prosecuted like defending your family, and you get locked up longer for drunk driving than for intentionally killing someone. All the this while career criminals and gang members are coddled. I do not hold out much hope this will change any time soon.
Our justice system has been engineered by the progressive Marxists to operate as another taxation revenue stream. Money is generated by targeting those that have it, and generally ignoring those that do not. They use various descriptive phrases to brainwash society into believing that this enhances overall safety.

OT- We need to make the death of criminals more palatable to society in general, and the progressives in particular. An idea they can champion as their own, have rallies and wave signs while expressing their righteous indignation...because they are enlightened.

"Retroactive Abortion" has a certain ring to it. Maybe make it a socially acceptable sentence up to the 1,000 month after conception, as we wouldn't want to be accused of age discrimination.
Certainly a controversial topic, but with the right spin, said loud enough and often enough, it could be the acceptable cause du jour.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 06-18-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
Part of the problem is that the media likes to paint the criminals as victims.

From today's edition of the CBC online:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ideo-1.5178788
While the suspect is ramming your vehicle with his vehicle, and you use force,you can argue that you are only defending yourself. But once the suspect is taken down, and is no longer a threat, using force is just stupidity, especially when you are being recorded.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
When the suspect is ramming your vehicle with his vehicle, you are only defending yourself if you use force. But once the suspect is taken down, using force, is just stupidity, especially when you are being recorded.
Oh I get it. Officers should always act as though they are being recorded. Even if they don't think that they are. Punish the officers if it is determined that they used excessive force but where I take offense is when sentences for the criminal are reduced because they were "aggressively arrested". Shouldn't change the outcome of their trial. It had no bearing on their decision to commit the crime.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
Oh I get it. Officers should always act as though they are being recorded. Even if they don't think that they are. Punish the officers if it is determined that they used excessive force but where I take offense is when sentences for the criminal are reduced because they were "aggressively arrested". Shouldn't change the outcome of their trial. It had no bearing on their decision to commit the crime.
If acting as though you are being recorded keeps you from doing anything you will regret later, then it's a good idea. But I agree, how you were treated should not result in a sentence reduction.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:34 PM

you guys must be mistaken, I googled Hope Nixon and saw she was arrested in August last year, so this must be another Hope Nixon. How could she be out doing crimes again.
https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/rcmp-shu...unty-1.4074691
Old 06-18-2019, 01:27 PM

Just wait til you read who was involved in the Raptors parade shootings, appears one beat a murder rap not too long ago. Now being charged with attempted.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
you guys must be mistaken, I googled Hope Nixon and saw she was arrested in August last year, so this must be another Hope Nixon. How could she be out doing crimes again.
https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/rcmp-shu...unty-1.4074691
And they let her out again....Why are they going easy on known criminals! Obviously she will be at it again!
Old 06-18-2019, 01:53 PM
Gone Hunting

Hopefully they get enough jail time that they can get help and sort their lives out., and get off drugs. There are programs in prisons.to deal with addiction
OR
We could press our politicians to implement Sharia law.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 06-18-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Hopefully they get enough jail time that they can get help and sort their lives out., and get off drugs. There are programs in prisons.to deal with addiction
There are also programs in prison that keep people on drugs. See the recent article on the new safe injection site pilot project at the Drumheller institution.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...injection-site

Absolutely unbelievable.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:33 PM

they are past the point for help into the dirt is where they need to be before they kill some one
Old 06-19-2019, 02:14 AM

When you use a stolen vehicle like a weapon I'm ok with some brutality, the more the better. In Russia they would of been stomped good before being hooked & booked.

I hate thieves with a passion.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I am sure glad no innocent bystanders or LEO's were hurt.

This is the part that bothers me the most.

'The man driving the truck and a woman who was a passenger were taken to the local hospital to be checked out and were then taken to the Westlock RCMP detachment. RCMP said both suspects had arrest warrants out of other areas.'

But, I guess they may have been checking for BAC or drug impairment, which of course might sway the sentencing under the 'I was not responsible for my action' bs so often seen in Court.

In the States there would have been 5 Officers reloading 7 times each making sure they hit their mark after the attempted murder of the Leo's.

They will be out in 15 minutes after crying about how terrible things are, no work in the patch, daddy beat me, whatever they can blame society for.

Aggravating isn't it?

I concur ..... this is what should have happened......

Old 06-19-2019, 06:33 AM

It’s not just the court system that’s a joke, it’s the rcmp too. It seems like the only thing they know how to do is write tickets. It’s no wonder they’re not taken seriously. The whole system is pathetic.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
She’s already out and most likely planning her next B&E, her buddy will most likely be out within the next couple days. If you see these faces make sure they aren’t packing your stuff.

You spelled feces incorrectly

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....