Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-16-2019, 03:59 PM

Default Reloading

Looking to see if there is anyone in Edmonton area that does reloading and what cost would be. Thanks
Old 03-16-2019, 04:09 PM

I don’t quite get what you are after?
Do you want to know how much it costs to get into reloading?
Or.
Are you looking for someone to build you some ammo?
If the later is the case, the proposition is illegal, but if you were to state the cartridge you want reloaded, and you are willing to sit down and learn I’m sure a few guys would walk you through the process, and let you use their set up for a small gratuity.

There are no absolutes
Old 03-16-2019, 04:48 PM

Oh . Yes looking for 300 win mag, 7mm rem mag and also 30.06 reloads. We are starting to run low and need some guidance. Thanks
Old 03-16-2019, 04:54 PM

As Dick posted, it is illegal to load ammunition for compensation of an kind, unless you are licensed to do so. You might be able to find someone that will let you use their equipment in your area, but you will need to supply the components and possibly dies.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahen View Post
Oh . Yes looking for 300 win mag, 7mm rem mag and also 30.06 reloads. We are starting to run low and need some guidance. Thanks
Who is we?
Do you have a mouse in your pocket, or what?

There are no absolutes
Old 03-16-2019, 08:31 PM

In the past a friend wanted reloads so I helped him buy dies, powder and bullets. I helped him set up his dies in my press and showed him how to use the powder measure, primer tool, and end up with reload ammunition. When he was ready to set off on his own, he had the basic concept and it wasn't hard to do it himself.

It has been pointed out the difficulties of buying reloaded ammunition and they are mostly right. Your neighbor down the road can not legally sell you reloads. To sell reloads (or manufacture ammunition) you would have to go through more paperwork and testing than its worth.

If you can find a mentor to help you through this, go for it. If not, buying reloads is highly unlikely, you better stick with factory.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Who is we?
Do you have a mouse in your pocket, or what?
He has 17 posts and you do your condescending Dick284 thing....

Try not to be so rude.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:19 PM

Default Just kidding. But not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahen View Post
Looking to see if there is anyone in Edmonton area that does reloading and what cost would be. Thanks
The cost is a couple fingers and an eye.
I don’t let anyone reload for me.
Best way to go about it is intensive research and get someone with experience and equipment to help you.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:28 AM
Banned

How much are you willing to spend on reloading equipment will be your question.

Cause it can get real expensive real quick.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:33 AM

The main reason to reload ammo is to get the best accuracy you can get from your rifle your loading for. Just to load a cartridge with just one load of powder with only one type of bullet isn't why most guys reload.

Every rifle shoots differently ,so it's almost impossible to predict what shoots the best in your rifle,reloading is a hobby and a way to make good ammo.

Sometimes guys load many different powders,bullets ,a different length of cartridge which may also gives them better accuracy.If the wrong person reloads the wrong way you may get injured or even killed,so this is why you should never buy reloads,plus it's illegal.Some guys I see on some site do sell reloads,but avoid this no matter what.

Your best bet is learn from someone and go there and do it with them,then purchase a used kit to slowly start for your self.

If I was you I would just buy factory ammo which sells sometimes at 50 % off online on some sites or just check out many stores online and you will be very surprised if you want to buy 20 boxes or so the deals some dealers will give you and keep your brass from the rifles you shot from ,it's better to work with once you decide to reload if you still think it's worth it.Plus sometimes the cheaper stuff shots better than the high end stuff if your rifle likes it.If your shooting under 300 yards most factory ammo may siut your accuracy needs,not always so you may have to try a few different types.

Never worry about asking something,it may be the wrong question to ask ,but at least you know what's right from wrong in the end,so no question is a bad one when it comes to ammunition and your safety.This why this forum was set up, was to help people who sometimes don't know all the rules and take the right way to get things on correct track.Plus you live in Edmonton and there always guys selling a few boxes of factory here and there.

JD

Last edited by JD848; 03-17-2019 at 02:39 AM.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:37 AM

There is a licensed custom loader in Sherwood park they offer trade in brass prices for ammunition

I won't post a link because they are not site sponsors google is your friend
Old 03-17-2019, 10:46 AM

Man, if you aren't a volume shooter you are better off buying a few types of factory and seeing what shoots. Serious.

No disrespect intended, but no one I know would touch your offer with a ten foot pole due to liability.