Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-28-2011, 06:06 PM

Default Willmore Wilderness

I am looking for a little guidance in the Willmore area. Myself, my wife, and a couple friends have been packing for most of our lifetime. We would like to explore some "new to us" country. One of those areas is the Willmore area. We really don't know much about the area at all. What we are looking for is a good place to access the park with parking for horse trailers, and a good 5 - 7 days riding in the park.

Could anyone suggest anything that might help us out? Any locations that are a must see if in the area?

Thanks for any help we can get.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:45 PM

You can stage at various spots throughout. Rock Lake is nice and the closest, go north out of Hinton. Go west at the Rock Lake PP sign.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:08 PM

Rock Lake is nice. Get a map and you can do some good loops out of there without too much doubling back. Easy riding out of there and you on't have any trouble using up your time.
Grizz
Old 05-28-2011, 07:33 PM

I would suggest rock lake or the berland can be alot of fun as well. don't think you can beat the fishin in there.