Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-27-2011, 04:05 PM

Default Mark Zuckerberg’s new plan: Eat what you kill

What a novel concept!
Perhaps a new generation of people that understand that meat doesn't come from the supermarket.
This boy is a little wierd, but I applaud him in this undertaking.
Let's see if he gets a gun to harvest some meat that isn't already on a string.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...-own-food.html
Old 05-27-2011, 04:18 PM

I think you mean kill what you eat, not eat what you kill. The latter would preclude a lot of hunting (predator, gopher, fur, etc.).

I agree folks should know where their food comes from and be realistic about it. Note though that Mr. Z has pretty much become a vegetarian since he took up the challenge. That's not necessarily good news.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I think you mean kill what you eat, not eat what you kill. The latter would preclude a lot of hunting (predator, gopher, fur, etc.).
Those are his words not mine.

Hopefully this draws some attention to where meat comes from.

I recall an episode of Survivor where they won a chicken and nobody was prepared to kill the chicken even while they were starving.
In many countries I've visited you wouldn't even consider buying a chicken that wasn't still alive.
Kill it, clean it and cook it. It's the only safe way to eat chicken in many places.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:11 AM

Hopefully some day he'll eat himself...if ya know what I mean...
I respect him as an enteprenuer, but not as a human. He loves everything that Obama stands for, which is the exact opposite what I stand for and believe in.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
" . . . I don't have an issue with anything people choose to eat, but I do think they should take responsibility and be thankful for what they eat rather than trying to ignore where it came from."
What a novel idea ^ !

Welcome to reality,

TF
Old 05-28-2011, 12:29 PM

I think the idea is great......especially if he has not given up the idea of consuming meat.......must really **** off the peta types that he has taken this concept and said "OK! But I plan on still eating meat."

If more people realized where or how their dinner gets to their table, they would be less likely to complain against hunting while stuffing a McDonalds burger down their throats while they are trying to talk and spew crap.

.........one of those wierd storys......had a guy at work/lunch telling me how he was against hunting and didn't think it was fair or right all the while he is chowing down on a burger......total hippocrite....which was pointed out to him as I describe just how his burger was made and the life line of animal and how it got there on his plate......finished with "Now you choose; would you rather be a steer or a deer and which chances do you want to take, against me as the hunter or against McDonalds??"

Mark Z. approach is good for hunters and fishermen.