Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-28-2011, 06:15 AM

Default Bell TV & Telus TV

Well, where do I start?

I was a sat tv watcher with bell for over 15 years and finaly got around to checking prices and i found that Telus was cheaper by about $30. So I changed over. The tv from telus is great! Better picture on the HD and other small things. Here is where it gets interesting. I called Bell on april 9th and cancelled, Funny that all of a sudden they can lower my bill but I said cancell, the cancell was to be may 9th. I sent in a payment on may 24th. I get a bill on the 24th stating I owe $ 146 for may 7th till june 6th. Duhhh I think that is not right so I dont send them anything. If I owe them $ it is for 3 days only 7th, 8th and 9th. Yesterday I get two phone calls from them saying I better pay the $146. No way send me a proper bill and I will pay what I owe. Funny that they say I have not paid when my last check went thru it cleared the bank on may 16th. They are crooks! What a bunch of El-toro popo. I cant wait to see what happens next. My advice to all is dont let anyone take direct payment out of your accounts as I would be out $ and trying to get it back. I would never be a Bell user of any kind since this started to happen and its just the begining. I wonder how many other phone calls im gonna get? I only owe for three days not a whole month. Will keep you posted as I can see I will be calling the CRTC and maybe global tv trouble shooters sometime in the future if the phone calls keep coming. There is also a business complaint place like best practices that I will call also but cant remember the name off hand ( bigger than the BBB ). Consumer and Corparate Affairs!
Old 05-28-2011, 07:51 AM

Also if you are going to switch providers make sure you cancel a month in advance or else they will ding you for that too.

So as soon as you know that you are switching cancel the other one.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:51 AM

Here is their contract that you were under when you signed up with them. Looks like you could owe to the 30th:

(ii) Terminating or cancelling your Programming: You
may terminate the reception of all of your Programming
by notifying our Customer Service Centre. Bell TV will
deactivate all the Programming you receive on the 30th
day after receiving your notice to cancel. However, if
you are a Term Contract subscriber, and you attempt to
deactivate all of your Programming, certain fees or
charges may be applicable pursuant to your Term
Contract to the extent permitted by law. Please refer to
your Term Contract to determine the applicable fees or
charges, if any. To the extent permitted by law, if you
are entitled to a credit for any amount in excess of $10,
Bell TV will send you a cheque for that refund amount
upon your request, but we will not provide any refund or
credit for an amount of less than $10.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:22 AM

Bell owns Global, so complaining to them will fall on deaf ears.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 05-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Banned

bell did the exact same thing to me in 02,I temporarliy moved back home and had expressvu, I called them and cancelled and gave them an address where to send the last bill,a month or so later the bill came and I paid it in full,a few months go by and I get a letter from a collection agency stating that I owed bell about $200 for 3 months programming.

needless to say I wasn't impressed I called them to no avail and refused to pay the collection agancy for years and years,finally I paid it in 06 I think just to get it off my file,I have never ever given bell another dime of my money,not in tv,cell phone nothing,I get cold called once and a while now from them I politely explain to the person what happened and tell them to take me off their phone list and tell bell never to bother me again as I will never be a customer of their's ever again.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:27 AM

I switched from bell to telus a few months ago. I think its an upgrade, a pet peeve for me was the waiting for the guide to load up every time you wanted to check it. I bundled with internet and my home phone, save around 50 bucks a month and got a free xbox when i signed up!!

A word of caution on Bell if your boxes are rented. If not returned with-in 30 days or something like that they will send a bill to you, at 300 bucks for an hd reciever it adds up quick. I had to contact them 4 times to send me boxes to pack and return the recievers in, what a pain but better than being on the hook for hundreds of dollars of useless equipment.

Bell pulled the same stuff on me when I phoned to cancel, I already had telus up and running but they kept asking my what they could to keep me as a customer, when I told the lady a free xbox, hd pvr and bell could pick up the tab for the early cancelation fees of my new telus contract I think she figured i was serious! They also did the same thing with my bill, no such thing as immidiate disconection and stoping of bill. I just paid my last month and moved on.

Good luck to you I think you are fighting a losing battle.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:44 AM

i had alot of trouble with a bell phone they were charging me for everything possible after i switched over to telus my phone was in a box somewhere not even turned on and i was getting bills for a year after
Old 05-28-2011, 12:27 PM

My three year contract was over, my receiver mailed back to them well before the 30 days. They cashed my check paying in full on may 16th up to the 9th except for the three days I owe. When they send me a proper bill for the three days I will pay up. Like I say there is a phone number on my bill that is a contact to the CRTC that I will call if the problem is not resoved and they keep harasing me with out providing a proper bill. Oh one more thing, when I cancelled I asked them if there was any outstanding costs after the cancelation and they said NO. They do tape there calls and the CRTC would find the conversation about any costs that I would owe very interesting. Any conversations with them from now on I will tape, of course I will tell them that this call is being taped so that it can be used in a court of law.

The trouble shooters is unbiased on global tv and I dont think they own them. I think it is the corus network that does. Nothing like geting the word out to hundreds of thousands of people.