Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-05-2020, 06:26 PM

Default Anyone sick with respiratory illness?

Trying not to make this into a gong show. Pm me if you'd like. Long story short, I thought I was on the mend, it came back yesterday and struggling to breathe again. Going on 4 weeks now.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:29 PM

With Covid? Or pneumonia?
Old 04-05-2020, 06:35 PM

Whooping cough? That made an appearance next county over from me. Just adding fuel to the fire I guess... hope you get better soon!
Old 04-05-2020, 06:39 PM

Anyone with anything, trying to get through it as of late. Experiences, stories, whatever. I can't get through a medical door locally. Just took a big downswing in my recovery. Family member now in ICU, I got tested but results are extremely questionable... Likely to be tested again. If you've read in the other thread how that went. Just anything that might open doors if anyone knows. 811 is a joke. Breathing is 20-30% of normal I'd say
Old 04-05-2020, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
Anyone with anything, trying to get through it as of late. Experiences, stories, whatever. I can't get through a medical door locally. Just took a big downswing in my recovery. Family member now in ICU, I got tested but results are extremely questionable... Likely to be tested again. If you've read in the other thread how that went. Just anything that might open doors if anyone knows. 811 is a joke.
Sounds like regular pneumonia. Poker Buddy had it. Chest sounded okayish with a stethoscope however showed pneumonia on X-ray.

Go through your family doctor. Explain you were tested but don’t have Covid. Still sick and getting worse.

Also regular flu going around albeit the tail end of the season
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-05-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Anyone with anything, trying to get through it as of late. Experiences, stories, whatever. I can't get through a medical door locally. Just took a big downswing in my recovery. Family member now in ICU, I got tested but results are extremely questionable... Likely to be tested again. If you've read in the other thread how that went. Just anything that might open doors if anyone knows. 811 is a joke. Breathing is 20-30% of normal I'd say
Wow. If you’re breathing is that bad you should be in the hospital I would think.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:58 PM

if you have any asthma what so ever like I do I would say my asthma has never been as bad as it is now and this past winter WTF eh
I use my puffers more now than ever but hopefully get better
Old 04-05-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
....I got tested but results are extremely questionable... Likely to be tested again.
Another issue I have with mass testing, and as you may be aware, the tests are extremely unreliable. Think they are only 60-70% accurate. Likely why people are being "reinfected", they never had it in the first place.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordfishing View Post
if you have any asthma what so ever like I do I would say my asthma has never been as bad as it is now and this past winter WTF eh
I use my puffers more now than ever but hopefully get better
X2 for me
Old 04-05-2020, 08:07 PM

I know two people who’ve had to deal with pneumonia since the beginning of February. Both have been tested for Covid with negative results. 3 plus weeks to recover.

BW
Old 04-05-2020, 08:07 PM

My other half is going on 8 weeks of being sick. Hard cough, fractured a rib from it. She is on short term currently because of it. She got the swab and tested negative for the Corona virus...
Old 04-05-2020, 08:14 PM

I had pneumonia early-mid January, first time ever and I never get sick. Still have a sneaky cough that comes mornings and evening and a “crackly” chest at night.

LC
Old 04-05-2020, 08:54 PM

Had pneumonia end of February. Was put on antibiotics right away and cleared up. The cough was painful at times. Still have a bit of tightness in my chest and have to take more breaks during excercise.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Get your ass to the hospital
Old 04-05-2020, 09:46 PM

Yep head to the hospital. Call ahead and let them know you are coming so they can be prepared.

My Father was the same as you last month. Mom finally had enough and took him in to get checked out. They triaged him and straight to the Doc BP was like 60/32. X-rayed his chest and found pneumonia. They kept looking as they said the pneumonia and cold could not cause the low BP. Started him on antibiaotics and kept him over night to monitor. By morning the the Antibiotics and fluids had improved his condition and Docs had changed their mind to the cold causing the heart issue.

Not sure what that cold/flu/covid whatever it is going around but it is not nice. Back in January it Knocked me down for a few weeks with no energy and coughing. Chest was tight and couldn’t remember a cold ever lingering like that.

Way I see it is you’ve paid a pile into that med system and if your that hurting for that long you should feel no remorse for heading in to get checked out.

Hope you do go in, no need to suffer and I pray it is nothing serious for you.

NOW HEAD TO THE DOC !!!!
Old 04-05-2020, 10:11 PM

Not a doctor but know enough that if left untreated you will very likely suffer permanent damage to your lungs....go to the hospital or at the VERY least FaceTime/Skype your doctor.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:14 PM

Head to the hospital man - as mentioned, call ahead.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:16 PM
Banned

Have you eaten any under cooked bats in the past couple of months?

But seriously, it’s about time to seek medical advice.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:44 PM

I had something over Christmas, as did my 3 kids. Mid thirty’s and I have never been that sick. I was 4 days with fever in the 40 range and a cough that you felt like your insides were coming too. All I could do was lay in bed or on the couch and shake. Cough lasted prob for 3 weeks after but not as bad as the days with the fever. It was bad! Never did go to the doc I was able to control the fever with Tylenol, had it not been for that i probably would have ended up in the hospital. Like others have said go see your family doctor, wishing you a speedy recovery.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:49 PM

Don’t let pneumonia symptoms get ahead of you ... things can go south in a hurry. My brother passed away from pneumonia two months ago. I am haunted by the panic I saw in his eyes as he struggled to breathe.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:47 AM

I got my yearly allergies the middle of last month. I usually get them in February when the first snow melts and the snow mold come out. The came a bit late. I had to get a inhaler and might need some antibiotics if if doesnt get better soon. Havent needed them in a couple of years now.

Good luck in your recovery, if your having that much problem breathing, get to the hospital and get checked out.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:16 AM

Quote:

Bloop you need to get into a hospital specially with your wife being pregnant,don't wait till your to weak.

I have been hospitalized twice with pneumonia and another time with a bad pleurisy when I went through the ice and almost crooked .

Just because we didn't agree on some posts doesn't mean I don't care about your health. We can debate crap later, first you need to get better.

My daughter and all my grandchildren may have it, 5 nurse that work with my daugther now have it so they all got test 2 days ago,the kids were just here 3 days ago so my wife is just a wreck incase they have it then we need to be tested also. I would take dive any days to see them well, I am not afraid,but my family is scared, so I need to at my strongest.

Front line workers are at high risk so we just pray there fine,it's not a cool deal knowing the next patient may make you real sick,but they do it.

So for those who think this is just a scam or follow the money or just another flu, or being brain washed by our politicians to control us ,you've been told what I think. I won't waste anther minute about trying to explain, so don't try and explain it to me.

This is serious bloop so don't p//s around.

ALLTHE BEST

JD

Last edited by JD848; 04-06-2020 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:26 AM

Quote:

If you have a way to check blood 02 do so.
If it gets to 60% or lower the large side of your heart can "protest" by quitting.

Go to the ER !
Old 04-06-2020, 08:56 AM

H1N1 still travels around. I had it Xmas 2018 and it was a doozie.

There are things out there other than The Chinese Fever that can throw a really hard punch. My best to you in your recovery.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeze View Post
H1N1 still travels around. I had it Xmas 2018 and it was a doozie.

There are things out there other than The Chinese Fever that can throw a really hard punch. My best to you in your recovery.
True. When I had it, was like a gut punch. Hard to breath and no energy.

If people are self isolating correctly, all these other bugs requiring people to spread it, will get knocked down hard as well.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-06-2020, 12:14 PM

This thread is awakening a bit of paranoia for me ….. came back from US with a "cold" - about 3-4 weeks ago …. no big deal ….. isolated, went in for testing …..negative …… but although I never got any fever, or was never really that that sick, I am still a little hoarse in the throat and still coughing ……. quite unusual for me.

I get sick (stay home sick kinda thing) once in maybe 10 years it seems, and am usually pretty fast and easy thorough any cold or flu I get - like a couple days of misery and maybe 3-5 days ….. tops and I'm out the other side.

This one is sticking to me and it's now going on 4 weeks ….. it's not bad, just can't seem to shake it.

I wonder if there is something else going on they don't see …… out in general population

Strange.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Have you eaten any under cooked bats in the past couple of months?

But seriously, it’s about time to seek medical advice.
I almost stroked out when I read that. That is good. Lol
Old 04-06-2020, 12:24 PM
Banned

Guy staying with me just tested neg for covid 19
But positive for a different corona virus
Hes a type 2 diabetic and his dr's havent been monitoring his meds correctly and one of them was causing his blood to be acidic
Old 04-06-2020, 12:29 PM

I caught something the 3rd week of Feb, I had aches for 3 days followed by fever, dry cough for a week in which I missed 2 days of work.

The slight dry cough and 'heaviness' in my lungs has persisted for 6-7 weeks now. I called my doctor last week and he put me on anti-biotics, he said there is something going around.

Day 4 of the meds today and the cough seems to be getting better, as well as my lungs.