Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-22-2017, 12:46 PM
AO Sponsor

Default End of Year Wrap Up Pictures & Newsletter - Serengeti Fishing Charters

Hello all! What a year it has been on the west coast of British Columbia for us. We are so very lucky to fish our waters in Port Hardy and even luckier that many of those waters we are the only ones to fish them! Literally...the only boats. That may help explain why our fishing is so darn fantastic and why this year was by far our best Chinook salmon fishing we have ever seen, as well as all our bottomfish and halibut spots were producing bigger and more fish than we have seen in many, many years. From June 1st to September 3rd the Chinook fishing was absolutely on fire, there were only 4 days where limits were not caught on then majority of our boats and those were mainly due to weather. Our season was also our calmest by FAR minus those few days. Sunny skies in July and calm seas made fishing that much easier.

Our bottomfishing this year was our most consistent and steady action for Lingcod and Rockfish we have seen, every spot seemed to be loaded up and limits in only an hour or two weren't uncommon. Size was great with an average around 18lbs and some larger ones for those that wanted them, although I'm a firm believer that Lingcod under 30lbs are the best eating. It has been pretty amazing to see so many guests come up and return the next year to say that the Lingcod were their favourite eating fish, even more so than halibut.

Speaking of halibut, it had to be our best year on the water for halibut in the 30-70lb range, perfect eating size with a lot of meat on them as well. It seemed like almost everyday there were a handful of halibut in the 50-70lb range per boat. We also, as per the regulations, released over 3 dozen halibut over 100lbs, great to see those breeders swim back down to the bottom and keep the better eating fish for the freezer while keeping the stock healthy as it is well managed by the International Pacific Halibut Commission.

Our 2018 is looking incredibly booked, we are fully booked for July already minus a couple days right at the beginning. June is about 75% booked as is August, I will list the dates we have open below, so if you are interested in coming with us next season make sure to contact me as soon as you can, as it seems every few days dates are selling out. The salmon forecast for BC bound fish is also expected to be better than last year, that generally means more larger fish, and while the US bound salmon forecast hasn't been released yet my understanding is it should be similar to this year! So that is great news on that front and 2018 looks to be another banner year.

One Boat (2-4 Fisherman)
June 6-8 (10% off)
June 16-18
Aug 1-3
Aug 6-9

Two Boats (2-8 Fishermen)
June 30 - July 2

Three Boats (2-12 Fishermen)
May 27-29 (10% off)
June 2-4 (10% off)
Aug 24-Sept 6

I'll post some pictures below. With our boats, guides, top notch gear, and just amazing fishing grounds that are unmatched on the west coast, we are confident your trip out with us will be one of the best fishing trips of your life. I want to thank all of our AO guests that came with us this year, probably over 2 dozen. Had too many laughs to count out on the water and I know I had one of the best seasons on the water of my life, definitely had the most fun this year. As cheesy as it sounds seeing so many people come through and have the time of their life and tell me "this was the best fishing trip of my life" is one of the biggest reasons we love doing this so much. I also want to thank everyone who may not of made it but continues to comment and support us on here, we really do appreciate it.

If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to let me know,

Tight Lines,
David Summers Jr
Serengeti Fishing Charters
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 09-22-2017, 12:50 PM
AO Sponsor

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 09-22-2017, 12:55 PM