Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-24-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
Thanks Fry, Diesel came through Karen in Didsbury.. More of a show line than hunting, but his instinct is amazing, his abilities in the field top notch.

Here is a little vid of when he was a pup having some fun with friends at the farm doing a release hunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W94h8ei8Iqw
That was a hell of a hunt.. DIESEL WAS AMAZI-NG

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 05-25-2013, 07:54 PM

If the dog don't have a beard....it's just plain weird !!!

Jokes aside, to the OP, do you want a dog from within Alberta, within western Canada, etc? Or would you be willing to bring a pup in from the States? There is some damn fine GSP breeders in the USA that put out proven hunting lines with every litter...
Old 05-25-2013, 08:17 PM

Also have one from Bevans pointers, just turned 2 years, great dog
Old 05-27-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Those are a couple of great looking dogs Steve. Are you keeping any back for yourself?
Probably not. Too many young ones coming up to work with right now. Only have so much room and time. It should be an excellent line breeding though producing very biddable dogs.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:14 PM

Default German pointer stud

Hi!

This is a long shot but I have a 3 year old female GSP that we were looking to breed. We are moving to an acreage and wanted to expand our family and keep one or two of the pups and either pay for a stud fee or if there was a like minded dog owner choice of pup kind thing. Let me know if there is any interest. Ellie will be in heat in April She is trained for skeet shooting, enjoys the water, and is great with our children and other pets. Very loving and obedient. I can send you a picture of her markings, vet records, etc if interested! She is not registered. She is liver and white with a saddle back marking on her back and a solid head. We are located in central alberta.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
She is trained for skeet shooting
Exactly how do you train a dog for skeet shooting?
Old 02-07-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgreba View Post
Hi!

This is a long shot but I have a 3 year old female GSP that we were looking to breed. We are moving to an acreage and wanted to expand our family and keep one or two of the pups and either pay for a stud fee or if there was a like minded dog owner choice of pup kind thing. Let me know if there is any interest. Ellie will be in heat in April She is trained for skeet shooting, enjoys the water, and is great with our children and other pets. Very loving and obedient. I can send you a picture of her markings, vet records, etc if interested! She is not registered. She is liver and white with a saddle back marking on her back and a solid head. We are located in central alberta.
PM sent

Jim..
Old 02-07-2016, 11:16 PM

I've got my 2 1/2 year old male from Jeff at champion sporting dogs. He was from the Bo/storm litter. What an absolute stud of a hunting dog he turned into. Has a bird drive that does not stop. He gets birds that other dogs walk right over. And so much character. Just a hoot to watch. Joined NAVHDA and did some sessions. But most of the training has been done by myself. He's intact and I've wanted to breed him because of how temperamental he is. this shows the great breeding Jeff has done. I thought of buying another from jeff but would love to get one from 'Archer's ' litter when I stud him out.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:15 AM

Default Gsp

I have two GSP's from a breeder in Idaho Falls excellent dogs if you would like his contact details let me know
Old 02-08-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teagan View Post
I have two GSP's from a breeder in Idaho Falls excellent dogs if you would like his contact details let me know
^^^ I have one as well from this breeder, amazing lines.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
Thanks Fry, Diesel came through Karen in Didsbury.. More of a show line than hunting, but his instinct is amazing, his abilities in the field top notch.

Here is a little vid of when he was a pup having some fun with friends at the farm doing a release hunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W94h8ei8Iqw

My guy is also from Karen. I think her lines generally hunt like champs.
I was even offered cash for Koda from an old time US hunter.
I'm the only thing holding him back from being an awesome pro dog.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8261a.jpg (41.6 KB, 50 views)
Old 02-08-2016, 03:09 PM

I believe my Tess came from Karen as well ( I got her when she was 2). Big dog about 65lb, still going at 11yr.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:27 AM

Default GSP Breeder

Hey guys, so I am looking at Leecreek Kennels for a GSP pup and Bevan Pointers. Anyone have any experience with either? I am leaning for LeeCreek but wanted some info from anyone with experience. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H View Post
Does anyone on the formum know where I could find a German Short Hair dog breeder. I could look on the net, but figured someone on here would send me in the right direction of a reputable breeder.

Thanks,
Ken
Try Chris he's got 3 month old male. Excellent hunting parents.
(403) 651-4896
Petar
Old 09-27-2017, 03:50 AM

I also have a female from Bevans Pointers from last April. Great dog and Megan was great to deal with as well.