Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-20-2017, 09:05 PM

Because he's lying??
Old 09-20-2017, 09:41 PM

I suspect Donald will Hand over the UN organization to Ivanka and Jared, as a little gift. A nice balance in the Trump family.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Are you harping about past mistakes? May as well say Trump supports slavery too.
Trump is perpetuating U.S. warmongering (even though he criticized it during his campaign). I wouldn't call it a "past mistake" when it's continued right up to present and is ongoing as we speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
You also don't seem to understand the difference between a nation arming itself for the purpose of self defense and a nation arming itself with nuclear weapons whilst repeatedly calling on the destruction of other nations.
What does the type of weapons have to do with anything? North Korea has explicitly stated that their goal is to achieve military equililbrium with their rivals. That is what security is. Many other countries have nuclear weapons and so North Korea wants them too. Without them, North Korea is at a disadvantage.

For us to say that North Korea can't have something that we have - well, it's hard to reconcile that with a speech about how all soveriegn nations should be free.

How many sovereign nations has North Korea recently invaded? You have to be living in a fantasy world to consider them the warmongers and the U.S. the pacifists.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:13 AM

How many of their own people die or suffer under the rule of these crazy leaders.

How far do the crazy leader have to go over the line before you say it is too far.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
How many of their own people die or suffer under the rule of these crazy leaders.

How far do the crazy leader have to go over the line before you say it is too far.
According to Trump's speech, we shouldn't try to impose our values or systems of government upon other sovereign nations. Their business isn't ours to police whatsoever.

But to address your first question, it's really impossible to say since we have propaganda coming from all sides and no way to assess the truth. That's all the more reason to mind our own business, put "America first", and fix our own problems. We don't have to suppress others to stay on top.

In practice I don't mind the warmongering in principle, but I wish the government was more honest about it. I strongly suspect that the government is not operating in the best interest of their people and this particular warmongering is going to harm us more than it helps us.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:29 AM

Gotta say I can see both sides of the argument on this one and there are no easy answers. Sure any intervention is going to cost lots of lives. But at what point do we deem the reward greater than the risk. Personally I think we're probably past that point now that NK actually have nucs and the ability to REALLY put a hurt on its neighbors. Probably should have taken the hurt and stopped this when they were a smaller fish.

We can talk about a pre-emptive war causing mass casualties and claim that that is unacceptable but what are the potential alternatives and their cost? Clearly NK is not going to be dissuaded from this direction and they have made great advances and continue. Now we have a power that is not only able to produce weapons of mass destruction but also have a hate on for the western world and are able to potentially sell WMD's to the likes of terrorist organizations like ISIS etc.

I hate to talk in such terms but there may come a time where losing a few million north and south Korean's seemed like the better option in hindsight. If a WMD were detonated in LA or New York what would we say and think then? Pretty tough argument for proactive action when the threat hasn't been realised but....
Old 09-21-2017, 11:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
Clearly NK is not going to be dissuaded from this direction and they have made great advances and continue. Now we have a power that is not only able to produce weapons of mass destruction but also have a hate on for the western world and are able to potentially sell WMD's to the likes of terrorist organizations like ISIS etc.
I just don't believe that Kim Jong-un is the boogieman he's portrayed as. His actions don't support it (North Korea is not invading any other nations) and neither do his words (he's pledged not to use Nuclear weapons offensively and stated many times that he only wants them for defense and so that they can't be blackmailed by stronger nations any longer).

I think the U.S. has a very different agenda for why they don't like Assad or Kim Jong-un and it's all about the global power balance.

The government lies to us telling us the reason they want to invade and topple these foreign leaders is that they are "evil dictators" to get us to support the war. They don't tell us the true reason why they want to go to war.

Some people will continue to claim that North Korea harms its own citizens, but I'm very skeptical about that. We have no unbiased source of that information. Even if they do harm their own citizens, the U.S. has allied with plenty of dictators before so it's not a suitable explanation for why we have to attack them.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:54 AM

Well nk sure did send that one young fellow back in good condition.

Maybe there is a nk hunting forum we can join and see how the people are making out over there.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well nk sure did send that one young fellow back in good condition.
Thousands of Western people travel to North Korea every year and leave the country just fine. Supposedly that one guy tried to steal from them which wasn't a very smart decision. Hard to say what happened beyond that, but I wouldn't fault North Korea for imposing harsh punishment on thieves. I know we don't punish them at all in North America these days...

Quote:
Maybe there is a nk hunting forum we can join and see how the people are making out over there.
You can't even find a hunting forum to chat with locals from a Westernized Asian country like South Korea or Japan, let alone dirt poor North Korea which has been ostracized by most of the world and punished economically for decades for their decision to pursue their own sovereignty and defense. Nonetheless, the people there might be even happier than us without all our modern technology.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:44 PM

I believe what happened to the young fellow is an example of how horrible nk is.

For nk to keep control of their people they better limit access to the internet
Old 09-21-2017, 12:45 PM

I recommend watching the Vietnam series which is probably a good reference regarding the use of overwhelming power against a committed population intent on defending their territory ...halfway around the globe. The U.S. did not prevail in the 50's because of Chinese support, and that has not changed.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:29 AM

Default Rocketman's response

Kim Jong-un threatens to 'tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire' days after Trump's speech to UN
Foreign minister threatens hydrogen bomb test in Pacific Ocean

Kim also said Trump's comments "have convinced me, rather than frightening or stopping me, that the path I chose is correct and that it is the one I have to follow to the last." He also said he would "tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire."
Dotard means a person in a feeble or childish state due to old age. It's a translation of a Korean word, "neukdari," which is a derogatory reference to an old person.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-n...s-un-1.4300171
Old 09-22-2017, 09:51 AM
Banned

Kim Jong Un, chairman of the Workers' Party of Korea, chairman of the State Affairs Commission of the DPRK and supreme commander of the Korean People's Army, gave a field guidance to Kwail County, South Hwanghae Province. ... He enjoyed a bird's-eye view of the county from the observation deck before going round orchards. Touching apples heavily hanging on branches one by one, he noted this is said that apple trees are heavily laden with fruits. It is very great that there are many fruit workteams which produced 70-80 tons of fruits per hectare, and trees are heavily laden with apples as they are laden with over 200 apples on an average per tree, over 300 apples at the maximum, he said with broad laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Kim also said Trump's comments "have convinced me, rather than frightening or stopping me, that the path I chose is correct and that it is the one I have to follow to the last." He also said he would "tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire."
That's exactly what I'd say if someone threatened to attack me if I didn't bow down to them and obey them. There's going to be a fight and Kim will probably be wiped out, but at least he's not cucking out.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conservativeken View Post
I just don't believe that Kim Jong-un is the boogieman he's portrayed as. His actions don't support it (North Korea is not invading any other nations) and neither do his words (he's pledged not to use Nuclear weapons offensively and stated many times that he only wants them for defense and so that they can't be blackmailed by stronger nations any longer).

I think the U.S. has a very different agenda for why they don't like Assad or Kim Jong-un and it's all about the global power balance.

The government lies to us telling us the reason they want to invade and topple these foreign leaders is that they are "evil dictators" to get us to support the war. They don't tell us the true reason why they want to go to war.

Some people will continue to claim that North Korea harms its own citizens, but I'm very skeptical about that. We have no unbiased source of that information. Even if they do harm their own citizens, the U.S. has allied with plenty of dictators before so it's not a suitable explanation for why we have to attack them.

It is not very often that I let a Troll, such as this guy ^, make me respond.

You are the very definition of an idiot.

I would love to take you sheep hunting....

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 09-22-2017, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
It is not very often that I let a Troll, such as this guy ^, make me respond.

You are the very definition of an idiot.

I would love to take you sheep hunting....
Instead of getting angry and lashing out with insults perhaps you should think about why I'm wrong. If you can't articulate what's wrong with my arguments and statements then you should accept that perhaps I'm not wrong and you need to reconsider your own views.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conservativeken View Post
Instead of getting angry and lashing out with insults perhaps you should think about why I'm wrong. If you can't articulate what's wrong with my arguments and statements then you should accept that perhaps I'm not wrong and you need to reconsider your own views.

You don't make me angry, nor was I insulting you, just stating the obvious.

You deny the first hand accounts of NK defectors as "biased"....

This makes you either a troll or an idiot.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 09-22-2017, 10:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
You don't make me angry, nor was I insulting you, just stating the obvious.
You called me a "troll", an "idiot", and a "sheep". Those are all insults.

You said that I "made" you respond (with insults) - I take that as meaning that I angered you and you couldn't restrain yourself from insulting me.

Quote:
You deny the first hand accounts of NK defectors as "biased"....
In any country, including Canada, there are many people who love the country, its system of government, or its leaders and others who hate it. If you only get your information from the people who hated it to the point where they defected and joined an enemy state then you're getting a heavily biased sample.

Quote:
This makes you either a troll or an idiot.
Not an argument. Not called for. I might not be the smartest person on the planet but at least I can engage in a conversation with someone I disagree with without calling names.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Kim Jong-un threatens to 'tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire' days after Trump's speech to UN
Foreign minister threatens hydrogen bomb test in Pacific Ocean

Dotard means a person in a feeble or childish state due to old age. It's a translation of a Korean word, "neukdari," which is a derogatory reference to an old person.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-n...s-un-1.4300171
Thought this thread was about world leaders exchanging insults not AO members. Try to stay focused
Old 09-22-2017, 11:23 AM

Seems like we have our own little UN right here on AO, just be careful what you kids say to each other or else the grownups will have to come out and cleanup the mud that's being thrown at your neighbors and hunting buddies!
Old 09-22-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwyldethang View Post
This man is not a president he's a joke, at least to the rest of the world. He isn't taking care of American's as a whole he's looking after the 1% he belongs to. The sooner people realize this the better. He was and always will be a sensationalist who cares no more for the average American the does the NK leader. The only difference between the 2 they live in different countries.
As a Canadian I'm grateful for the health system here and pity the poor Americans for a system run by greed. I could go on but quite frankly what I've read so far tells me how ignorant some people on here are, of the real issues that face the American people and the world at large. He is so dismissive of the value of life it scares me. For those of you who have children it should scare you too. Dropping nukes is not the answer, read up on your history.

Why do lib tards always use the US health care system in thier arguments????

Just an FYI, Canada is ranked (out of 38) number 4 in spending 34th. in actual health benefits to the people.....Great system we have here...
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:30 PM

Question.

If 2 WMDs hits the pacific ocean just off shore of HI and AK.
Then the fall out rains down and is cast upon the wind unto other people
down wind.

Does this set forth a declamation of war.

Or not ?

To send off test lanches and not have to be concered about the after affects
then push that boarder to the extents of fall out upon others without dissconcern.

Your fn right it does.

Last edited by Bonescreek; 09-22-2017 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:02 AM

Your country and mine does not allow any insane or metely incompentent or
any convicted felon to posses any firearm for life.

But somehow it's ok to let people like Kim Jun Un possess missels ?

Tom Petty said it best " Wait a minute let me think."

WTF radio station talking at you at 99.8 on the dial.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:30 AM

If there is a way to win the war with peace then I believe that will be the
out come. I hope it will be.

It's simply nothing that's ever been done before.

And history repeats itself.

That's why they call it history.
Like a broken record.
That plays on the same ole song.
Over and over.

I wanna hear something different.. ELO maybe..

And I wonder is this the way life's meant to be ?

As I stumble around this wreck of a town and
your face is all I want to see
I ask myself will I give in to wealth
or is this the way lifes meant to be ?

Just to see you again you my old friend,
a face not so fare so long ago.
Just a glimpse of your smile, and me all the while
I wish we were back in 1981.

Ohh, naa, na, na, na naw.

Elo was pretty cool.

Last edited by Bonescreek; 09-23-2017 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:05 AM

Seriously we all know right from wrong.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonescreek View Post
Your country and mine does not allow any insane or metely incompentent or
any convicted felon to posses any firearm for life.

But somehow it's ok to let people like Kim Jun Un possess missels ?

Tom Petty said it best " Wait a minute let me think."

WTF radio station talking at you at 99.8 on the dial.
Canadians are sheep. If the government says we can't have firearms for whatever reason we say "oh, ok" and go on paying taxes.

Kim Jong-un is a lion. When the U.S. says he can't have nuclear weapons he laughs and tells them to go **** themselves.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:24 AM

Yup it's been that way a long time so I guess that makes it
ok.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:41 AM

As far as I can tell it looks like China is backing us, Russia is still out there.

Not to mention 3rd world infulences like ISIS.

I see "The Donald" trying to NOT go into WII by squeaszing China and Russia etc. To TRY to work with *****s around the world like Kim Joh Un etc.

He could sign the mighty pen and nuk'em all. Like Oh Bamma's mighty pen.
Beheind closed doors. But he decsided not to.
Maybe the people that elected him had something to do with that.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:03 AM

Would like to ask a question of anyone who knows the answer.

Is it true or not that in fact to render a vote on a UN issue it is
based upon a 100 % verdict of all total members.

And is it also true that 1 to 2 percent of the members will be adviciarys.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but as far I understand the rules of
the UN the above is how it works.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:11 AM

As a child I expected the UN would gather as a group like to huddle.
A pair of offence folks would mince within slowly.

If the topic of the day was the heads held high at the games then I guess
no one said much of anything.

I'm sure there was much drink and food and laughter.

Telavieave.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:52 AM

It's a long story told
of all the retches grown old
who spent most there lives
on girls or gold or wives

some of them stay on the on the waves
and they pray on ones left behind
some of us watch from a crows nest we saw
the sun was as raw as the fair maidens thighs

and the ships bell sang and the wind was a gale
I'll never sail a ship like the one I sailed there
for true it was beauty but sheek am I your bride
Will you walk by me hand in hand long shanks by your side ?