Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 09-19-2017, 09:38 AM

Default Trappers need to support Brian Jean

I know this is a busy time of year for Trappers. With trapping season upon us, and of course our personal lives, there’s a lot going on. Although I may not know your personal provincial political views, I did want to take a moment of your time to talk about the United Conservative Party leadership race that is going on.

I have announced that I will be supporting Brian Jean for leadership of the United Conservative Party. At this time, I am reaching out to you as a fellow Trapper, to share Brian's positive view for our province. Brian hunts, traps, and fishes and so does his family. He spends time like we do, in the outdoors, enjoying Alberta’s natural landscape. You can read about him at brianjean.ca or you can see what Brian is up to at www.facebook.com/BrianJeanAB.

Overwhelmingly, poll after poll, shows that Albertan’s choose Brian to be the next Premier of Alberta. If uniting the Wildrose and the PC Parties was about creating certainty that a conservative party would be elected in the next election, it only makes sense that we support the leadership candidate that is most likely to win the next Alberta election.

Having worked with Brian for 2½ years, I have really enjoyed his leadership style. He is open to all views and listens to everyone. His business and educational experience provides a strong fiscal background for balancing budgets and finding efficiencies. He has spelled out the policies he would like the United Conservative Party members to endorse. He has been a leader of a grassroots party and understands how that process works. Of the candidates, only Brian has these qualities that make him uniquely qualified to lead the party into the next election and form a compassionate conservative government.

I could go on, but out of respect for your time I’ll leave you with this. Though Brian’s support is widespread with Albertans, only members of the party are eligible to vote in the leadership race. If you have a Wildrose or PC membership that hasn’t expired, then it is good for the United Conservative Party. If not, memberships have to be bought by September 29th.

If you're interested in joining with me, and don’t have a current membership, please consider buying one at brianjean.ca and clicking on “Buy a Membership”. They are only $10.

We have an opportunity to elect a Premier that has the same appreciation for our outdoor heritage as we do, so please support Brian and encourage your friends and family to do the same.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Todd Loewen
Trapper, hunter, taxidermist, outfitter, fisherman.
MLA Grande Prairie-Smoky

PS If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me by return email or text/call, 1-780-524-8888.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:45 AM

It is certainly a nice to think that a trapper and outdoors man could be in charge and have our back.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:21 PM

I would like to know has Brian jean openly supported trapping ?
Old 09-19-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expedition View Post
I would like to know has Brian jean openly supported trapping ?
I would hope so since he is a RFMA owner by fort mac from my understanding
Old 09-19-2017, 05:49 PM

Trapping and s and m for a politician you might like it but don't ever admit to it .I would bet he prefers to keep his ownership of a rfma a secret. If he openly supports trapping then I'll support him .when I talked to Anne coles she told me that our current government has supported our fight against the bio . Credit where credit is due.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:13 AM

From what I have been told he is a junior on someone else's RFMA. Don't believe he actually has one himself. Would like to know the facts on this one.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:31 PM

According to the publically available list he is in fact a senior holder on a line just SE of Fort McMurray. I have been at a couple of town hall style meetings with Brian and he has mentioned publically he held a registered trap line.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expedition View Post
Trapping and s and m for a politician you might like it but don't ever admit to it .I would bet he prefers to keep his ownership of a rfma a secret. If he openly supports trapping then I'll support him .when I talked to Anne coles she told me that our current government has supported our fight against the bio . Credit where credit is due.
Brian Jean has always been very open about his trapline , he never has tried to hide the fact that he is a fisherman, hunter, trapper, and Outdoorsman in general
I don't know if he is still a junior or senior partner, the Jean family has several members who are trapping up here.
Check the link here https://www.assembly.ab.ca/net/index...mber=58&leg=29
edit note: Even though I have posted this, my political views and who I vote for are my own and no one else's business.
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 09-21-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Brian Jean has always been very open about his trapline , he never has tried to hide the fact that he is a fisherman, hunter, trapper, and Outdoorsman in general
I don't know if he is still a junior or senior partner, the Jean family has several members who are trapping up here.
Check the link here https://www.assembly.ab.ca/net/index...mber=58&leg=29
edit note: Even though I have posted this, my political views and who I vote for are my own and no one else's business.
Cat
good read . Thanks