Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 09:34 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=elkhunter11;4071301]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post

You sure messed up that quote, you made it appear like I posted it.
My bad
Old 12-09-2019, 09:36 PM

Well deep breath lets chill out and go back to wainwright hunting thread everyone will be happier!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2019, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hes only got 10 posts chances are he’s just someone else from the forum. Saying what they truly feel
He sure sounds like someone on here, I sure as heck have my susp3cions.
I would hope the MODS can track the info back and call out who it really is.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:47 PM
Banned

Here the one I shot opening day of muzzleloader
Only one I seen with any mass
We seen a really really big one and chased him for the next two day
Only seen him once
But worth the rest of the hunt to chase
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1ADBB5D8-9C08-4072-B49B-65586D94C6CF.jpg (57.8 KB, 347 views)
Old 12-09-2019, 09:54 PM

My group will be applying 9 next year and hope to apply first rifle season. Provided the numbers are better than the last time we hunted? How are the numbers for trophy deer doing over the past 3-5 years for the people who have been hunting there?
Old 12-09-2019, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
*crikckets* now

And I will anti up and do the same
As will I...
Old 12-09-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino81 View Post
My group will be applying 9 next year and hope to apply first rifle season. Provided the numbers are better than the last time we hunted? How are the numbers for trophy deer doing over the past 3-5 years for the people who have been hunting there?

In one day i seen 5 trophy deer 3 mules and 2 white tails i seen the biggest white tail i seen in my life over there

Old 12-09-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
In case you didn’t read that one
It was in regards to busting the skull plate so nobody gets trophies just the meat as meant to be. It had nothing to do with stopping the total system, a lot of people rely on it for both parties, nice way to try and change what I had meant tho.
WDF
Old 12-09-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Da Fisherman View Post
It was in regards to busting the skull plate so nobody gets trophies just the meat as meant to be. It had nothing to do with stopping the total system, a lot of people rely on it for both parties, nice way to try and change what I had meant tho.
WDF
Are you drunk? Lol. Go back and read it again lol
Old 12-09-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Yes, treat them the same way so everyone is equal is all.
WDF
????
Old 12-09-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
I'm guessing he doesn't understand the purpose of a landowner tag if he doesn't know the actual terminology of said tag
I know the purpose and also how it is misused in some case
Lots of previous discussions on here about that.
WDF
Old 12-09-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Forfeiture of all skull plates. Cutting in half like alaska does nothing aside from not being eligible for B&C. Register animal for harvest counts and forfeit skulls from all untagged kills. Easy peasy. After all, it is all about the meat so shouldn't be any arguments?
Want to keep the trophy, buy the tag
Quote:
Yes, ALL supplemental tags
WDF
Quote:
Are you drunk? Lol. Go back and read it again lol
Are you drunk?
Not the thread for this, sorry to the OP.
WDF
Old 12-09-2019, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
what do you expect when theres 4 pages of anti first nations posts happening? Someones going to stand up for their treaty rights and their people.
"Their people"?
Do you mean "fellow Canadians"?

I'm sorry, but saying that the completely unregulated harvest of big game is not sustainable, does not qualify as racist.

Someone saying that "rights" shouldn't trump "equality" isn't racist.

In fact, a lot of FN would agree that equality should be the goal of everyone that isn't "racist".

Having 58 metis/aboriginal hunters (nearly all after moose), and 52 licenced moose hunters (first rifle numbers) is not sustainable within the base. Full Stop.

Now if you're saying that one group has more rights to the resource than the other based solely on race, well that right there is the definition of racist.

And I understand what treaty rights are, I'm just clarifying the definition of racist for you so you quit dropping the term like a trump card every time someone says something you disagree with.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHAM View Post
In one day i seen 5 trophy deer 3 mules and 2 white tails i seen the biggest white tail i seen in my life over there

Do you have an estimation of score, or points and dimensions for the rest of us? "Trophy deer" could mean a lot of things.
Would be nice to know that there are a few decent ones still alive in there....we certainly didn't see any.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Do you have an estimation of score, or points and dimensions for the rest of us? "Trophy deer" could mean a lot of things.
Would be nice to know that there are a few decent ones still alive in there....we certainly didn't see any.
im only wondering if we should use our priority next year or keep it in our back pocket for a better year. I’m torn. Any help is appreciated
Old 12-09-2019, 11:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
"Their people"?
Do you mean "fellow Canadians"?

I'm sorry, but saying that the completely unregulated harvest of big game is not sustainable, does not qualify as racist.

Someone saying that "rights" shouldn't trump "equality" isn't racist.

In fact, a lot of FN would agree that equality should be the goal of everyone that isn't "racist".

Having 58 metis/aboriginal hunters (nearly all after moose), and 52 licenced moose hunters (first rifle numbers) is not sustainable within the base. Full Stop.

Now if you're saying that one group has more rights to the resource than the other based solely on race, well that right there is the definition of racist.

And I understand what treaty rights are, I'm just clarifying the definition of racist for you so you quit dropping the term like a trump card every time someone says something you disagree with.
All I did was give cat some perspective that it took 4 pages of first nations bashing to have someone speak up. And look where that got him? Banned.

This whole threads been derailed on discussions unrelated to wainwright thanks to mark.

Is it acceptable that we have some members here telling first nations/metis people that their photos arent wanted around here? I havent seen anyone speak up on those comments other then me so far.

Please feel free to lecture me some more on the equal rights your hoping for when it's clear some users dont want metis/first nations here.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:55 PM

Quote:

The white tails was 6*6 it was big rack u need to excuse my lack of info about measurements i seen it by the line entering the area where the military had active ammo training and the mules i was talking about the smallest was 4*4 and i seen a gentleman missing one a 5*5 or more his gun jammed in total of 2 days hunting i seen 35 deer between bucks and doe

Old 12-10-2019, 12:32 AM

DM me if you're looking for elk. I can let you know where I found them today.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2019, 12:37 AM
Banned

you got pretty close it seems. Awesome photos! I've got a photo of 15 bulls together on a hill side from last week. Not In the photo were another 20+ that ran to the other side of the hill.

I lost count on how many elk I saw on the base.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:38 AM

Quote:
All I did was give cat some perspective that it took 4 pages of first nations bashing to have someone speak up. And look where that got him? Banned.
Again, someone saying that the unregulated number of people harvesting within the base is not sustainable is not "first nations bashing", as you call it. I understand your reaction to defend the extra rights that you have. Totally a natural reaction. But that is not nationality bashing.
And that guy didn't get banned for standing up, he got banned for rubbing non-natives noses in his "extra" rights. His previous 10 posts were nothing but troll posts looking for a fight. I wouldn't defend him if I wanted to keep my credibility.

Quote:
This whole threads been derailed on discussions unrelated to wainwright thanks to mark.
Native harvest is a very large part of the base hunt. And with the addition of metis hunters, it's a large and growing part of the hunt. If it didn't matter to the hunt managers then why do they differentiate?
Quote:
Is it acceptable that we have some members here telling first nations/metis people that their photos arent wanted around here? I havent seen anyone speak up on those comments other then me so far.
I looked back and can only find this post:

"Why are you showing off their trophies?
If you were filling your freezers there wouldn’t be too many antlers in your pics"

Is that what you're referring to? I can find nothing else regarding pics.
Please clarify and then I can properly comment, or possibly Mark wants to clarify?

Quote:
Please feel free to lecture me some more on the equal rights your hoping for when it's clear some users dont want metis/first nations here.
No one has said they don't want metis/first nations here. Please don't make blanket comments like that as it only serves to insight anger and cause the loss of credibility.

And If everyone were equal there would be no discourse. Simple as that.
But that is not the case.

Like I said before, I thought ALL people on the base hunt handled their behavior rather well, all things considered.

Sustainability is another story and where the topic has shifted. Still part of the base hunt topic in my opinion.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHAM View Post
The white tails was 6*6 it was big rack u need to excuse my lack of info about measurements i seen it by the line entering the area where the military had active ammo training and the mules i was talking about the smallest was 4*4 and i seen a gentleman missing one a 5*5 or more his gun jammed in total of 2 days hunting i seen 35 deer between bucks and doe

Well that's good to hear!
We saw nothing like that, but the base is huge and the bush is dense.
I think our biggest issues were the density of people where ever we seemed to want to hunt, and the warm weather.
Number of people being the major one.
So many people we saw said that they hadn't seen anyone, but we bumped into people within a quarter mile of them and they had no idea they were there. Trucks, people walking, just crazy.
Even if there were good odds of tagging a booner, it wasn't an experience I think I'll repeat. Hunting around that many people is just not my thing.
Not judging those that enjoy it, it's just not for this guy.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
Sharing you buddies Métis trophy kills. That what’s wrong with this province.
Quote:
Exactly
Takes very little skill to shoot anything that moves
here you go CB. We know it's ok to share photos of ones harvests unless your metis and then people around here get offended and want to shame some posters for sharing.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonC View Post
DM me if you're looking for elk. I can let you know where I found them today.
Good on ya!
Prepare to get your inbox filled!
Old 12-10-2019, 01:01 AM

Quote:
here you go CB. We know it's ok to share photos of ones harvests unless your metis and then people around here get offended and want to shame some posters for sharing.
"Sharing you buddies Métis trophy kills. That what’s wrong with this province".
I thought he was referring to the fact that an ever increasing number of "non-natives" are joining metis and natives so they can illegally harvest animals under the status hunter. I could be wrong though and would like clarity on the comment from the OP, if he chooses to.

"Exactly
Takes very little skill to shoot anything that moves"

I dislike this comment.
It could be used toward any number of people, and wouldn't be alright to say to any of them.
I would hope that the OP takes it back, or re-words it to better relay his intended point.

Last edited by CBintheNorth; 12-10-2019 at 01:07 AM.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:14 AM

Quote:
How was your unregulated antler hunt this week where is everyone else is waits 5 years to draw?
Old 12-10-2019, 01:18 AM

Double

Last edited by MooseRiverTrapper; 12-10-2019 at 01:23 AM.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:22 AM

Quote:
I’m astounded this yahoo comes on here an tried to defend his people.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
So why don’t you tell us about your elk hunt?
Because I know what happened
You were driving north on circle route. Someone stopped the herd from crossing into the permanently closed (your welcome). They cut back to the south. And you guys shot them from that little hill. The group of bulls crossed later than the cows did. But in the same spot.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
you got pretty close it seems. Awesome photos! I've got a photo of 15 bulls together on a hill side from last week. Not In the photo were another 20+ that ran to the other side of the hill.

I lost count on how many elk I saw on the base.
Yea I ran into 3 different groups. The picture where they're close, I just happened upon them. The camera is zoomed in a little.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2019, 07:11 AM

Default Here's the Deal

Here's the deal. I would guess that in the vast majority of forum members' minds, First Nations hunting rights/practices are a problematic issue on a number of levels. In addition, the new Metis rights are likely as problematic in peoples' minds.

Soooooo, if you are going to come on here and defend/talk about/post pictures of those rights in action, you better be prepared to meet with a great deal of resistance.

I also see nothing on this thread that meets the true definition of racism which is "a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race".

The passion and resentment around hunting practices has zero to do with color of skin or the inherent superiority of one group of people over another. It is however, about game management and inequality in a modern world which screams equality from every rooftop imaginable.

While you have every right to defend your right, don't get your undies in a bunch when people give you a reaction you weren't expecting.

I am assuming from this thread that you are Metis. If not, my apology. Well the gov't that changed the law did not run on a platform of expanding Metis hunting and fishing rights, nor did they hold consultations with Albertans who they are to represent. Thus I see nothing at all wrong with the statements that show frustration. They were not personal insults. And last time I checked, freedom of speech is still part of the charter.

I will tell you very clearly that my personal feeling, which btw I am allowed to express, is that no person in this country should have any preferential treatment when it comes to the harvesting of game, unless that person is status first nations, and then the exercise of those traditional rights needs to be carried out using the traditional methods that were used prior to John Cabot landing his ship off the coast of Buena Vista NFLD in 1497.

Please don't be surprised when you encounter opposition, and don't be surprised when a user with next to no history who comes on to this forum and starts race baiting and bashing the forum gets banned.

Last edited by sns2; 12-10-2019 at 08:43 AM.
Closed Thread