Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-30-2024, 08:45 PM

Default NDP private member's bill would require 2/3 of provinces to agree to a withdraw from CPP

https://www.ipolitics.ca/news/ndp-pr...rawal-from-cpp

Great bit of fear mongering...

"McPherson also said additional guardrails protecting the CPP are needed because a federal government led by Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre could “dismantle” the entire plan."

I don't recall Pierre Poilievre ever advocating to dismantle CPP.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 05-01-2024, 09:47 AM

Provinces have nothing to do with CPP. It is a Federal Program, which each Province can Opt out of.

If the majority of Provinces want to stay with CPP, then can do so. But like Quebec, if Alberta decides to go it alone, how can any other Province claim authority to block the idea?

What changes in the long run is autonomy on CPP's directed investments. Bad Oil company, no CPP investment. Good EV Battery manufacturer in a vote rich province for the Liberals, or a Swing province for the Liberals, then a CPP investment.

Then there are all the jobs created in Alberta administering Alberta's APP, for Albertans. Want to help out a region of Alberta having hard times? Move an APP Administration Office there, say Smoky Lake or Medicine Hat for instance.

The CPP Administrative Offices are a windfall of employment and spending to Toronto, not so much for Alberta.

Drewski
Old 05-01-2024, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post
https://www.ipolitics.ca/news/ndp-pr...rawal-from-cpp

Great bit of fear mongering...

"McPherson also said additional guardrails protecting the CPP are needed because a federal government led by Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre could “dismantle” the entire plan."

I don't recall Pierre Poilievre ever advocating to dismantle CPP.

ARG
The Jagmeet led liberal mafioso are fearful of the poles. PP is the boogey man and that message will be trumpeted loud and clear until there is an election called.

BW
Old 05-01-2024, 11:56 AM

Well now, isn’t that just nice way to thank Alberta for the contributions over the years. They know that we know it’s a tax/scam. Bring on the APP, can’t happen soon enough.

Why not just call it the “extort Alberta” bill? Never mind, that one’s taken by “equalization” already. Had to think up something more creative I guess…

Last edited by I’d rather be outdoors; 05-01-2024 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-01-2024, 12:55 PM

Whatever it is, I'm sure they'll pass it to screw things up, if Danielle actually gets serious about actual withdrawal from CPP. Hurry up, and wait and see.