Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-08-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
That's the problem. Obama could do no wrong! If Trump was POTUS when the Fast and Furious fiasco happended, the Democrats likely would have impeached him for that. CNN and MSNBC would be running it 24/7. Remember kids were in cages along the southern border when Obama was POTUS. It wasn't an issue then because Trump wasn't in charge. The TDS going on is hilarious....All the way to a second term. Doesn't matter what Trump does he won't get credit from the left. He could walk across the Hudson and they would criticize him for not being able to swim or could cure cancer and would say he is putting the pharmaceutical companies out of work. The thing is the voting public is not blind and can clearly see through the whole sham. Wait until he gets elected again. Joy Behar and Rachel Maddow and their ilk will have a real meltdown.
I could care less what he gets credit for from the left, as you mentioned, they would impeach him for breaking wind if they could. Those votes will NEVER fall into his ballot box.

We need to be more concerned how many other conservatives he (and his supporters) have completely alienated by/through intimidating, slandering, lying, ignorance, biggotry and the absolute refusal to take ownership for his (Trump's) brainless actions.

His record economically is great on unemployment, and adequate (good) in other areas (equivalent to any other administration at the least). You can't really complain too much there.

The problem ...

His divisiveness is not limited to Liberal vs Conservative ..... keep that in mind and think about that for a minute and weight the possible consequences in 2022.

Last edited by EZM; 02-08-2020 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
I will assume you did not read the link. You can't explain what you don't understand, and you just can't bring yourself to learn how a subpoena actually works. Much easier to simply stand around and yell at the sky.

More reading if you are up to learning:

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...of-impeachment
James,

I read the link.

You don't understand the point and distinction I'm making and, quite honestly, I don't know how else to explain it.

I understand and comprehend the link, and have said myself this is not a legal process, it's a congressional one, but that seems to escape the main point of what I'm saying.

I have a clear understanding of the subpoena process. ( outlined it in a earlier contribution on this thread) - I get it. I even researched it to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding it. Trust me, I wouldn't be spinning this any other way.

Obstruction does not have to be legal (or illegal) - that's all - that's it. He is guilty of it. Period. That was my point.

Honestly, who cares ......... I have nothing further to add, say, or try and explain.

Let's move on.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:03 AM

I personally think Trump is a pathetic waste of skin. Who gloats that they are powerful enough and rich enough to grab women by the *****?

Would anybody on this thread be thinking, "Man, if I could just get rich enough I could start grabbing women by the *****" ??

If he has never done that, who on this forum would make a joke like that?

I've heard, "I bet he gets laid a ton" or "Women would be lined up" or whatever.

But specifically "I can grab women by the *****"

WHO SAYS THAT? Who makes that joke? What a weirdo.

Again, if in a country of 300 million people, the best you can come up with is Hillary and Donald to choose from, and in a country of 30 million all you can come up with is Trudeau and Scheer, yeah, we've got problems all right.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
James,

I read the link.

You don't understand the point and distinction I'm making and, quite honestly, I don't know how else to explain it.

I understand and comprehend the link, and have said myself this is not a legal process, it's a congressional one, but that seems to escape the main point of what I'm saying.

I have a clear understanding of the subpoena process. ( outlined it in a earlier contribution on this thread) - I get it. I even researched it to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding it. Trust me, I wouldn't be spinning this any other way.

Obstruction does not have to be legal (or illegal) - that's all - that's it. He is guilty of it. Period. That was my point.

Honestly, who cares ......... I have nothing further to add, say, or try and explain.

Let's move on.
Why do you keep posting this type of nonsense them
Quote:
Keep in mind impeachment is not a legal matter, so yes, the point that was made is a good defense, problem is, from this point forward, as TRUMPS legal team set this precedence, NO PRESIDENT WILL EVER BE COMPELLED legally, or otherwise to cooperate with sweet nothing - and, WILL NEVER BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE for ANYTHING

That's a REALLY BIG PROBLEM if/when the shoe goes on the other foot.

Do any of you see that as a problem? omg, I am seriously stunned with you guys.
You seem to suggest that this is new. It's not. You seem to think that a defendant not helping the prosecution is a bad, it's not. And you seem to think that no President can ever be held accountable, which is nonsense.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
And you seem to think that no President can ever be held accountable, which is nonsense.
I think that’s a reasonable concern actually. An awful lot of posters in this thread seem convinced that Trump did nothing wrong here which is kind of odd considering that so many of the Republican Senators think that he did in fact do what he was accused of and it was inappropriate for him to do so. Read the statements from Alexander, Rubio or Romney for examples. This is a quote from Ted Cruz;

"Out of 100 senators, zero believe you on the argument there is no quid pro quo," Cruz said to Trump's defense team, according to the senator's own recollection that he shared with CNN on Wednesday. "Stop making it," Cruz added.

It’s not much of a leap to go from senators saying, “he did it, it was wrong, we’re not going to act” to wondering if the senate is actually able to act against a President from the majority party in anything but the most egregious situations. Hell at least Bill Clinton got censured at least!
Old 02-08-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
I could care less what he gets credit for from the left, as you mentioned, they would impeach him for breaking wind if they could. Those votes will NEVER fall into his ballot box.

We need to be more concerned how many other conservatives he (and his supporters) have completely alienated by/through intimidating, slandering, lying, ignorance, biggotry and the absolute refusal to take ownership for his (Trump's) brainless actions.

His record economically is great on unemployment, and adequate (good) in other areas (equivalent to any other administration at the least). You can't really complain too much there.

The problem ...

His divisiveness is not limited to Liberal vs Conservative ..... keep that in mind and think about that for a minute and weight the possible consequences in 2022.
I think your a bit off there as well. This Presidents overall handling of America economically is far and away better than any I can find studying back a long way. Clinton had a short lived high point with the tech boom and more so the runaway insanity that was an IPO market in the 90's which later collapsed.
The Obama administration spent more than all previous presidents in doubling our overall debt, while having very very little to show for the spending. We had solyndra (sp?) the solar industry, the "not so shovel ready jobs" and so forth.
Our deficit and debt are too big I agree and hope some serious efforts are made towards the remedy which is out there.
The lesson is here for America and for Canada and others. Simply get government out of the way and let people work. While previous administrations kept adding burdensome regulations to appease special interests and buy votes and job security this administration is cleaning out the nonsensical repetition. this is sparking many thousands of new businesses, jobs, and investment homegrown and from abroad. We working people are also being allowed to keep more of our money.
I'm not the guys golfing buddy nor am I in his bedroom, and he sure isn't stopping by for dinner and a chat next to my wood stove here. He is my President and in that capacity he is doing good tangible things for all of us. I like him.

Osky

Last edited by Osky; 02-08-2020 at 12:43 PM.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:35 PM

Frankly I think the choice would be more like taking a steeled toed boot to your right nut or your left nut

Everytime Trump opens his yap I am reminded of the joke:
A failed millionaire, a Russian mole and a sexual predator walk into a bar and the bar tender says "Can I get you a beer Mr President"
Everytime Trudeau speaks, er, whines, er, mumbles I have to fight hard not to either puke or tear up my Canadian citizenship card
Old 02-08-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post
I think your a bit off there as well. This Presidents overall handling of America economically is far and away better than any I can find studying back a long way. Clinton had a short lived high point with the tech boom and more so the runaway insanity that was an IPO market in the 90's which later collapsed.
The Obama administration spent more than all previous presidents in doubling our overall debt, while having very very little to show for the spending. We had solyndra (sp?) the solar industry, the "not so shovel ready jobs" and so forth.
Our deficit and debt are too big I agree and hope some serious efforts are made towards the remedy which is out there.
The lesson is here for America and for Canada and others. Simply get government out of the way and let people work. While previous administrations kept adding burdensome regulations to appease special interests and buy votes and job security this administration is cleaning out the nonsensical repetition. this is sparking many thousands of new businesses, jobs, and investment homegrown and from abroad. We working people are also being allowed to keep more of our money.
I'm not the guys golfing buddy nor am I in his bedroom, and he sure isn't stopping by for dinner and a chat next to my wood stove here. He is my President and in that capacity he is doing good tangible things for all of us. I like him.

Osky
It is amazing how debt can fuel an economy. As long as you never have to pay it back then why not. Unfortunately the real world doesn’t work like that. All countries and populations will have their reckoning once the debt bubbles explode.
Old 02-08-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
It is amazing how debt can fuel an economy. As long as you never have to pay it back then why not. Unfortunately the real world doesn’t work like that. All countries and populations will have their reckoning once the debt bubbles explode.
and when it does explode, who comes out the winner? Likely the one with the best military and strongest economy. I don’t doubt that blowing it up is on Trumps agenda. That’s how the debt will be erased. I despise the man’s show boating, but for all those years that people whined about government, they have thier change. Democracy may simply have been an interesting experiment.
Old 02-08-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Why do you keep posting this type of nonsense them

You seem to suggest that this is new. It's not. You seem to think that a defendant not helping the prosecution is a bad, it's not. And you seem to think that no President can ever be held accountable, which is nonsense.
Give it a rest and stop projecting.

It's clear to everyone with any mental capacity to see Trump is obstructive, vindictive and will lie to protect himself so he is not held accountable.

If you are so blinded that you can't (or refuse) to see that, I can't help you .... so I ask you again, what's the point if us even discussing this any longer.

WE DON'T AGREE ..... give it rest.
Old 02-08-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post
I think your a bit off there as well. This Presidents overall handling of America economically is far and away better than any I can find studying back a long way.

Osky
I understand that his general performance economically can not be a topic where any intelligent person would argue that this administration has not done an adequate job, but in most areas, he is maintaining a trend of growth, similar to trends of growth that are normal year-over-year.

There are, however some areas, where he's done significantly better, like wages, and unemployment (one drives the other) and he is to be commended in that area.

But mostly, his performance follows suit, and is largely unremarkable.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...f-the-decade-2
Old 02-08-2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
My charts I attached below will underpin/support your comments.

This is, in fact, one area where Trump has had a poor performance, as witnessed by the trend he seems to be marching on.

Old 02-08-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:

It's clear to everyone with any mental capacity to see Trump is obstructive, vindictive and will lie to protect himself so he is not held accountable.

If you are so blinded that you can't (or refuse) to see that, I can't help you .... so I ask you again, what's the point if us even discussing this any longer.

You're trying to have a rational discussion with Trump supporters? Dude, c'mon.
Old 02-08-2020, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:

The problem ...

I don’t see the problem
Old 02-08-2020, 06:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjohn87 View Post
A lot of you “Albertans” are going to need Kleenex come November when #1 All time US president Donald J Trump wins his election in a landslide.

Who knew putting your country first would be such a good thing?
He will probably win 40 plus states this time around
Cheers
Old 02-08-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer View Post
Cheers
Probably will, but it won't be because of him. The backlash over the stupidity of the Democrats chasing him around for three years will not be lost on voters.

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-08-2020, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Probably will, but it won't be because of him. The backlash over the stupidity of the Democrats chasing him around for three years will not be lost on voters.
Completely agree. They are their own downfall which is probably a good thing. Rather than showing how they think they could do better, they try to attack Trump. Similar to what’s going on here. Need a leader that can lead a country. Not just their party.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:06 PM

Quote:

As in we are not amused? Who, who, are you?
Old 02-08-2020, 07:08 PM

Quote:
My charts I attached below will underpin/support your comments.

This is, in fact, one area where Trump has had a poor performance, as witnessed by the trend he seems to be marching on.

Beauty graphs to look at the trends. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy View Post
As in we are not amused? Who, who, are you?
He is saying he doesn’t agree with Jamesb.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
My American family and friends that fell for the Obama hope and change and voted for him twice .
Most did not vote in 2016
Will be voting for Trump in 2020.
When I ask them why they tell me it's because ,Wages are up ,401k's up,and Trump's great economy
Cheers
Old 02-09-2020, 07:35 PM

Quote:
My American family and friends that fell for the Obama hope and change and voted for him twice .
Most did not vote in 2016
Will be voting for Trump in 2020.
When I ask them why they tell me it's because ,Wages are up ,401k's up,and Trump's great economy
Cheers
401K's are based on equities.

Equities have grown year over year in every single administration with the exception of a few market crashed where equities took a licking.

To say equities (or 401K's) are growing is routine, expected, and Trumps growth in the stock market and his touting "all time highs" is something every administration could have claimed in virtually ALL of their years in office.

The same is true of wages, again, wages follow inflation, which follows equities. And once again, every single administration can claim wage increases over the term, and many can claim this year over year - that's routine, normal, and expected. Trumps performance is incrementally better compared to Obama's.

But hey, keep listen to him spout off about he outstanding economic performance when, in fact, it's largely unremarkable.

The one area he has improved, without a doubt, is unemployment, and I'll give him that one.

Debt, on the other hand, wow, that one he blew big time, wonder why he doesn't talk about that one .... oh yeah, because his performance is going the wrong was as his ratios are eroding rapidly, no administration in modern history has done so poorly here. He is no comparison to Obama's, Obama's track record here is much stronger as you see a decline in contribution/debt ratios.

Bit most of what he says to praise himself and feed his insatiable ego is all grossly exaggerated and sensationalized for those of us who have a basic understanding of economics and an ability to read.

See charts above. These are the facts.

To say Trump has "been the man" for economic improvement and that his performance is largely distinguished is simply not true. Numbers from his own administration support my comments.

But hey, let's just repeat what the Rebel, Fox and Breitbart are telling us and praise him. lol.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:37 PM
Banned

Old 02-09-2020, 08:05 PM

Quote:
401K's are based on equities.

Equities have grown year over year in every single administration with the exception of a few market crashed where equities took a licking.

To say equities (or 401K's) are growing is routine, expected, and Trumps growth in the stock market and his touting "all time highs" is something every administration could have claimed in virtually ALL of their years in office.

The same is true of wages, again, wages follow inflation, which follows equities. And once again, every single administration can claim wage increases over the term, and many can claim this year over year - that's routine, normal, and expected. Trumps performance is incrementally better compared to Obama's.

But hey, keep listen to him spout off about he outstanding economic performance when, in fact, it's largely unremarkable.

The one area he has improved, without a doubt, is unemployment, and I'll give him that one.

Debt, on the other hand, wow, that one he blew big time, wonder why he doesn't talk about that one .... oh yeah, because his performance is going the wrong was as his ratios are eroding rapidly, no administration in modern history has done so poorly here. He is no comparison to Obama's, Obama's track record here is much stronger as you see a decline in contribution/debt ratios.

Bit most of what he says to praise himself and feed his insatiable ego is all grossly exaggerated and sensationalized for those of us who have a basic understanding of economics and an ability to read.

See charts above. These are the facts.

To say Trump has "been the man" for economic improvement and that his performance is largely distinguished is simply not true. Numbers from his own administration support my comments.

But hey, let's just repeat what the Rebel, Fox and Breitbart are telling us and praise him. lol.
So what you're saying is if the voting majority are as smart as you think you are, Trump will lose this election?
Old 02-09-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
So what you're saying is if the voting majority are as smart as you think you are, Trump will lose this election?
I didn't comment on voters, voter majority or the re-electability of Trump.

And, this is a nice deflection. And nice try putting words in my mouth.

I am providing substantive facts, the same issued by his own administration, to make a point about Trumps economic record.

Last edited by EZM; 02-09-2020 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 09:11 PM

Vast majority have drunk the CBC propaganda for years.....It is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me CBC.....

Should someone shut down Trumps twitter account? maybe but it keeps him in the headlines day after day after day and drives the Left nuts.....Seems to be having the desired affect...
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 02-09-2020, 09:39 PM

I will repeat again that the DNC party is the most powerful group of criminals in the USA.

You can hate or dislike Trump ,but those are the facts.

The DNC are running scared of not being able to convince enough of there voters to take out Trump. They have ZERO to offer and as each day goes by the public is seeing this as a great sign of weakness ,look at what they did in Iowa it was a total mess.

Look at the sanctuary cites protecting illegal immigrants and the list never ends. A women who married her brother Iihan Omar is telling everyone Trump paid for black voters ,plus it's Trumps fault for floods around the world .He did all of this in 3 years in office and no one is shutting her up

IF they spent all there time working for there people and would have put there hatred aside they may have removed him the correct way.

They wanted to impeach him before he even won and if Hillary comes out of the closest Trump is going to be still in power after 2020 and will control both the house and senate.

I really don't think all Trump supporters like the way he does things, but they over look all of this because of the of the DNC criminals and who they controlled while they were in power. The FBI,CIA and every other leo's under the sun. The DNC have lost the trust of the people and Trump right now is there best venue for the people to go to.

As far as liars , we seen last week and the past few months who can lie the best and Adam Schiff and his cronies trumped it hands down.

This fight is not over by far,Trump is going to push forward and lock a few of them up, this is what they were afraid of before he got elected and now there in a tail spin heading straight down.

It's a dangerous time for all of the people in the usa and this fighting will not end well for the whole works of them in power.

JD
Old 02-09-2020, 09:54 PM
Banned

There is a large number of people that believe the c rap spouted by CNN and CBC is the truth, not left leaning political mantra.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357Maximum View Post
There is a large number of people that believe the c rap spouted by CNN and CBC is the truth, not left leaning political mantra.
Scary. One doesn't even have to look as far as facebook to see it either
Old 02-10-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357Maximum View Post
And there is a lot of people that read the right wing news outlets and believe everything they say as well. Hard to find a nice middle ground to get the true stories.