Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-17-2015, 01:45 PM

Default Fishing boat set up pics lets see them!!

So I thought we should have a thread to share our fishing setups on. Lets see how you have your boats rigged up from fishfinders and rod holders to tool caddies and cup holders. What have been the best and worst mods you have done to your boats? What unique storage systems have you came up with?
I just got my 1825 kingfisher last year and havnt got much done in the way of setup. I installed 4 Scotty Orca rod holders which I have been really happy with. I really need to get some caddies installed for my pliers ect, also thinking a couple extra drink holders wouldnt hurt. Other plans for this season include a Raymarine A78 and a stereo.
So fellas lets see em and hear some stories!
"I don't know about the "shooting Savages" part. I have one and I have had considerable difficulty doing well with it. Part of the reason for this is that I feel a need to put bag over my head to hide my identity when ever I am shooting it!"
Leeper
Old 04-17-2015, 07:48 PM
Banned

If you look on the left rail there is a four rod vertical holder with another one the same on the other side. I have 5 rod holders on this boat, three tube type Scotty's and 2 quick release Folbe's. I fish from the council and have the Sonar, Folbe and tool holder all within reach. I fish the Folbe with an extension on this boat to get a bit more clearance from the boat. There are also 4 built in rod holders on this boat.

I have four rod holders on this boat as well, 2 Folbes and 2 Scotty Tube type. Sonar is mounted at the council with my rod holder on a Scotty triple rod holder bracket, also one Sonar on the back.

Tube holder in the wash bay for the net, and two Berkley 3 rod tube rod rack for the rods while travelling. I have a Rapala Magnetic tool holder in each boat as well

Old 04-17-2015, 08:05 PM

bobalong
Not a great day fishing if you're doing burgers and dogs on the grill

Oh wait!!!! forgot we're in Alberta...can't keep anything. Still waiting for that temporary walley thing imposed 20 odd years ago to be lifted....kinda like the temporary income tax thing of the early 1900's.

But seriously nice rigging of your boat, all is handy and looks like everyone is having a great time on the water.

Cheers Rick T.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowlites View Post
bobalong

Oh wait!!!! forgot we're in Alberta...can't keep anything. Still waiting for that temporary walley thing imposed 20 odd years ago to be lifted....kinda like the temporary income tax thing of the early 1900's.

But seriously nice rigging of your boat, all is handy and looks like everyone is having a great time on the water.

Cheers Rick T.
Oh here we go
Old 04-17-2015, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowlites View Post
bobalong

Cheers Rick T.
LOL, we make the odd trip to Sask as well

Old 05-02-2017, 08:21 AM

Reviving this old thread as open water is almost upon us. Love the Pontoon fishing set up. Everyone show off the insides of your boats.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:19 AM

I use a Frabill Hibernet, which slips perfectly into my ski pole spot. Added some interior LED lights on a dimmer this spring. Scotty rod holders on the Lund Sport track brackets as well as bumper hanger buttons on the track system too.

SS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 05-03-2017, 11:24 AM

Have a kingfisher 1775. Love the boat but came with virtually no storage so I made a few things.

2 rear storage boxes/seats made from 1/8" aluminum and cut out the kingfisher logo then powder coated and carpeted the seat. huge amount of storage in just those two boxes.

Under the bow was open but was hard to store anything in there because it kept sliding back, plus the fuel tank was an eye sore. So made a panel out of 1/8" aluminum checker plate and cut a door in it. Powder coated smoke color with a clear coat on top. Again cut the logo in it.

The boat came with the side trays which is fine but hated laying the rods on top of each other so made some rod holders. Again 1/8" aluminum.

Mounted a couple speakers in the bow so I can stand while running the river and hear the tunes.

have the sonic hub that hooks up to the Lowrance HDS and also put in the wifi to connect to the ipad if i'm at the back of the boat steering the kicker and can't see the HDS on the dash.

Put on the swivel Kicker mount

And of course you need the camper top for the overnighters.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2225.jpg (64.6 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2226.jpg (70.2 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2227.jpg (66.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2228.jpg (81.8 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2229.jpg (55.5 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2230.jpg (58.3 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2231.jpg (64.3 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2232.jpg (17.7 KB, 78 views)
Old 05-03-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubb View Post
Have a kingfisher 1775. Love the boat but came with virtually no storage so I made a few things.

2 rear storage boxes/seats made from 1/8" aluminum and cut out the kingfisher logo then powder coated and carpeted the seat. huge amount of storage in just those two boxes.

Under the bow was open but was hard to store anything in there because it kept sliding back, plus the fuel tank was an eye sore. So made a panel out of 1/8" aluminum checker plate and cut a door in it. Powder coated smoke color with a clear coat on top. Again cut the logo in it.

The boat came with the side trays which is fine but hated laying the rods on top of each other so made some rod holders. Again 1/8" aluminum.

Mounted a couple speakers in the bow so I can stand while running the river and hear the tunes.

have the sonic hub that hooks up to the Lowrance HDS and also put in the wifi to connect to the ipad if i'm at the back of the boat steering the kicker and can't see the HDS on the dash.

Put on the swivel Kicker mount

And of course you need the camper top for the overnighters.

That's my next boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2017, 02:09 PM

Default acesso services

Here's my 11'8 zebec. Has a rebuilt 15 hp evinride, plywood floor, extra wear pads underneath, fish finder, multiple rod holders, quick release anchor, pontoon bags with cup holders, can be used as a cooler, that are from dave scadden boats. I love fishing out of it, its been at quite a few lakes and rivers such as tobin lake, wollaston lake a few in alberta. I fly fish for pike it's very quite in shallow water. When solo fishing, it's nice to know I can row to shore if need be.

Last edited by tobin; 05-03-2017 at 02:22 PM.