Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-15-2019, 05:57 AM

Default Fathers day present

The wife bought me a new laptop. Yes !
Now that I think about it, she doesn't work so I guess I bought one for my self. LOL

It's the thought that counts. Thx dear .

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
The wife bought me a new laptop. Yes !
Now that I think about it, she doesn't work so I guess I bought one for my self. LOL

It's the thought that counts. Thx dear .
Haha you've got one of those too!? Mine doesn't work either. So it's like thanks, I bought something, I guess...
Old 06-15-2019, 03:49 PM

Speaking for myself, I say that my wife does not work for a salary.
That said, she works incredibly hard to support me, our children and grandchildren, extended family and our community.
When completing an application that asked her to list occupation, she would sometimes insert "Mother"
I absolutely appreciate it when she gets me something, irrespective of the detail that the funds were generated by my job.
Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads.
I can't call mine any more to wish him that, but I will think of him on this day.
Hawkeye
Old 06-15-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Speaking for myself, I say that my wife does not work for a salary.
That said, she works incredibly hard to support me, our children and grandchildren, extended family and our community.
When completing an application that asked her to list occupation, she would sometimes insert "Mother"
I absolutely appreciate it when she gets me something, irrespective of the detail that the funds were generated by my job.
Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads.
I can't call mine any more to wish him that, but I will think of him on this day.
Hawkeye
I concur. My wife does not draw a salary but I find her contribution invaluable.

-Billy Molls
Old 06-16-2019, 09:01 AM

Happy fathers day folks.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2019, 01:41 PM

I spent a few hours visiting with my Pops at our local cemetery,,, yes,,, he is my bestest friend even tough he's not here in body...

Kind of like tears of joy as I think about the days gone by,,, 55 ish for me that is...

I remember the time when farmers could buy Dynamite to blow up beaver dams,,, he was so excited on the drive to Red Deer to pick up a box of 12 sticks of CIL 60,,, about the size of 2 beer cans taped together...

We got home to put things away and headed supper, the plan was to finish some farm chours up on the hill,,, I could see the gears turning as he kept a steady pace working,,, now thinking about it,,, it was close to this same date only 46 years ago...

Any-Who,,, he came up with a plan to see what this stuff would do,,, he opened the box and pulled out 1 stick,,, we grabbed a rubber tire from the silage pit pile and drove the truck to a manure pile out in the pasture,,, he dug a hole in the pile,,, set the tire on top,,, and lite the fuse,,, according to the packaging it was a water proof 3 minute burn...

Yee Pee he said as we bolted to the truck,,, we drove about 4 to 500 yards from the pile as we watched out the back window for the big explosion,,, Yuppers,,, it was 3 minutes bang on,,, the old rusty Chevy deffinatly shook...

Pops eyes were as big as baseball's,,, he couldn't believe that the truck actual moved from the blast,,, I told him that a big Rock in the pile of manure come flying out and tag the tailgate on the old truck... No way he exclaimed...

We got out to look,,, and sure enough the tailgate had a huge dint in it on my side just bellow the handle... Dam,,, that was lucky,,, we better not say nothing to Ma... LOL

What happens on the farm says on the farm he said...

Just then a side wall of the tire fell out of the sky about 100 yards from the manure pile... both of us look up for the rest of it,,, the rest of it I'm sure vanished into thin air...

Pops had that Grin on his face that I'll always remember,,, hard to believe it's been less than a year & and a bit on his passing,,, a true friend always that lived life full bore...

At times I miss him deep down in my hart even though I know he did his best to get all of us kids up and running,,, I'm sure I was the hardest on him at times,,, we spent many years in the dirt and farming cattle... Memories I get to carry with me in my life time...

Happy father's day Pops,,, XOXO from Boy

👍
Old 06-16-2019, 02:57 PM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31073956-55EB-43D7-A771-D79BBE5D43DD.jpg (21.3 KB, 95 views)