Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-14-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
Dang owe mang owe plastic, paper water bong bottles mang.

Dang owe crack carbon giblets got him bangin’ like 71 mang.
Sensational!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2019, 08:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
NOW COME ON GUYS!!!!

This Question was not at all fair and you KNOW IT!!!

JT & Fam only drink Perrier, and that is not WATER! Perrier only comes in GLASS, not Plastic!!

The Interviewer wanted JT to lower himself to the common folk and drink water? Out of a Plastic Water Bottle? Of course that would cause confusion for him!!

That's like asking a Liberal MP if we should pay less taxes.

Total Confusion.

Drewski
Perrier definitely is packaged in plastic bottles...You are used to the little bottles of Perrier packaged in glass only served in FIRST CLASS with Air Canada
Old 06-15-2019, 12:15 PM

Default plastic recycle

Plastic is one of the best products modern man has invented, Only problem is idiots that throw them into oceans and in ditches out their windows. If you watched yesterdays news they showed green BC's monster incinerator burning waste plastic. It is the one they will use to recycle the Philipine commingled plastic into energy. " Frozen natural gas"
Old 06-15-2019, 12:34 PM

The headline should read:
Liberals grasping at straws for votes

I really would like to see a ban all plastic fast food containers, I see a lot floating around any lake with a store that sells milkshakes, coffee, minnow buckets etc.
It's hard to believe some people are stupid enough to throw trash and especially lit cigarette butts out of car windows.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
It's kinda funny when you think of it. Most of us are perfectly capable of drinking without a straw at home ,but when you go to a restaurant then suddenly you need a straw unless it's beer /wine or coffee.
The restaurant straw to get past the polar ice cap they dump in your drink.
Old 06-15-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
The restaurant straw to get past the polar ice cap they dump in your drink.
Drives me insane how much ice some places put in your cup. I used to be a kitchen manager of BP's, and had to do food cost calculations. A glass of pop had a food cost of about 4 cents. Not like all that ice is saving more then a penny. Costs more in electricity to make that ice
Old 06-16-2019, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
Drives me insane how much ice some places put in your cup. I used to be a kitchen manager of BP's, and had to do food cost calculations. A glass of pop had a food cost of about 4 cents. Not like all that ice is saving more then a penny. Costs more in electricity to make that ice
This was over a decade ago now, but my wife used to work at BPs as well. They calculated you'd need approx. 27 refills before the restaurant wasn't making money on that drink.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:28 AM

I seen something about Singapore,they incinerate there garbage and make power,go figure.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
This was over a decade ago now, but my wife used to work at BPs as well. They calculated you'd need approx. 27 refills before the restaurant wasn't making money on that drink.
Sounds about right.... Another one that sticks in my memory was pizza bread. It cost 7 cents for dough, 2 cents of garlic butter. Sold for $4.99. Upselling, add 15cents for cheese and 38 cents meat sauce. Whole package cost less than a dollar, almost no labor to make, sell it for $11

Side note, I got flown out to Whistler, got to meet Jim, watched his presentation, 7 course meals, everything paid for, free snowboarding, pretty cool experience being only 18 at the time. He's a good man, and very smart. Sorry for the sidetrack!

Last edited by bloopbloob; 06-16-2019 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:00 AM

Default plastic recycle

Guys couple years back we ARC sent a Plastics Engineer to Japan. In the 80,s they tried plastic recycle, they had 200 companies, few years later only had around 20 still in business, of the 20 only a few were making any money. They started burning their garbage to make cheap power, want lots of plastic in it as improved the BTU/combustion value. We need to send the "Plastic Barbe" to Japan for a reality check.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:09 PM

Thought you guys might get a kick out of these. There seems to be so many of these floating around about our great country leader and no one to blame but himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk