Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-03-2010, 02:49 PM

Default Cooper 22lr range results

My SK Standard Plus loads arrived from Hirsch Precision,so I shot a few groups with my Cooper 22lr to verify the accuracy.At 50 yards,five shot groups under 1/2" were easy despite the +5 temps and 19km wind.I have no doubt that the rifle is capable of even better accuracy,but I am not willing to spend the high price of top end match ammunition to prove it.The SK Standard Plus loads are under $500 per 5000,and offer good accuracy for a reasonable price.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:50 PM

Lets see the rifle!!
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-
Old 04-03-2010, 03:03 PM

Cooper Jackson Hunter with VXII 3-9x33EFR.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:33 PM

Wow, elkhunter11 you must really love your plinking to buy a 22lr for that kind of bucks a little bit spendy for my blood on a 22lr. I just spent 300 bucks on a Ruger heavy barrel laminate thumbhole stock 10/22 and have heartburn. Took a look at a Cooper at the Calgary gun show what a nice looking gun, saw the price, then seen that it was just a 22lr and darn near fell over. I must say those coopers have sparked my intrest but i still do love my Weatherbys and they seem to have a better price tag than them Coopers.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfy View Post
Wow, elkhunter11 you must really love your plinking to buy a 22lr for that kind of bucks a little bit spendy for my blood on a 22lr. I just spent 300 bucks on a Ruger heavy barrel laminate thumbhole stock 10/22 and have heartburn. Took a look at a Cooper at the Calgary gun show what a nice looking gun, saw the price, then seen that it was just a 22lr and darn near fell over. I must say those coopers have sparked my intrest but i still do love my Weatherbys and they seem to have a better price tag than them Coopers.
Crawfy, It's how the rich live Kidding Elkhunter thats a beuty gun love the stock. weath..... Weather........ Can't say it but there real nice to
Old 04-03-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Wow, elkhunter11 you must really love your plinking to buy a 22lr for that kind of bucks a little bit spendy for my blood on a 22lr.
Everyone has their vices.I don't smoke or gamble,and I drink very little,but I do appreciate accurate, high quality firearms.I paid less for the gun and scope than many people pay to smoke for a year,and all that they get is ruined lungs and a bad cough,while I get a fine firearm that will last a lifetime.

Quote:
I must say those coopers have sparked my intrest but i still do love my Weatherbys and they seem to have a better price tag than them Coopers.
An Accumark costs just as much as my centerfire Coopers(Jackson Hunters) and comes with a 1-1/2" accuracy guarantee ,while my Coopers come with a 1/2" accuracy guarantee.And if for some reason a Cooper won't quite make that 1/2",Cooper will do what is necessary to make sure that it does.I have owned two Mark Vs,and neither had the fit and finish or the accuracy of my Coopers.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Everyone has their vices.I don't smoke or gamble,and I drink very little,but I do appreciate accurate, high quality firearms.I paid less for the gun and scope than many people pay to smoke for a year,and all that they get is ruined lungs and a bad cough,while I get a fine firearm that will last a lifetime.

An Accumark costs just as much as my centerfire Coopers(Jackson Hunters) and comes with a 1-1/2" accuracy guarantee ,while my Coopers come with a 1/2" accuracy guarantee.And if for some reason a Cooper won't quite make that 1/2",Cooper will do what is necessary to make sure that it does.I have owned two Mark Vs,and neither had the fit and finish or the accuracy of my Coopers.
Music to my ears!! Those Coopers are something else!