Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-31-2010, 08:41 PM

Default .22 SAVAGE trade for CIL 30.06

Hi, I am new to this hobbie, I bought a .22 bolt action savage Mark II FV in JUNE/JULY 2009. I am now looking for a bigger caliber rifle and found a guy that wants to trade his CIL 30.06, I am wondering if this will be a fair trade? I am willing to take a bit of a loss if needed...however I just dont want to be ripped off too hard.

The reason I will be using this rifle is occasional hunting, but mostly just shooting it at the range. Will this "older model" rifle last a WHOLE lot of rounds?

Last edited by cct79; 03-31-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cct79 View Post
Hi, I am new to this hobbie, I bought a .22 bolt action savage Mark II FV in JUNE/JULY 2009. I am now looking for a bigger caliber rifle and found a guy that wants to trade his CIL 30.06, I am wondering if this will be a fair trade? I am willing to take a bit of a loss if needed...however I just dont want to be ripped off too hard.

The reason I will be using this rifle is occasional hunting, but mostly just shooting it at the range. Will this "older model" rifle last a WHOLE lot of rounds?
What model is the '06?
Some were made by Savage, and some were made by Parker Hale.
Either would be a decent trade for the 22 IMO.
Cat