Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-07-2019, 10:03 PM

10.45 is to early just what is a good time for him. Say 1pm or so cause 3pm is probably getting a little late for him. What you going to do people are strange you handled the situation well
Old 08-07-2019, 10:17 PM

Update:
Prior to pulling into my driveway I seen my disgruntled neighbor in his garage so I thought I’d introduce myself and talk to him.

Walking to the end of his driveway we made eye contact, I waved, said hello and proceeded to walk up his driveway. I made it half way up and said “ hey, I’m..” and before I could finish any sentence I was told to “get off my effing driveway now!

And that’s that.

He did have two nice Harley’s, and a “ support 81 “ banner amongst other things throughout his garage.

I’ll be keeping my distance from now on.
Old 08-07-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoaltender View Post
Update:
Prior to pulling into my driveway I seen my disgruntled neighbor in his garage so I thought I’d introduce myself and talk to him.

Walking to the end of his driveway we made eye contact, I waved, said hello and proceeded to walk up his driveway. I made it half way up and said “ hey, I’m..” and before I could finish any sentence I was told to “get off my effing driveway now!

And that’s that.

He did have two nice Harley’s, and a “ support 81 “ banner amongst other things throughout his garage.

But did he seem like a nice guy though?
Old 08-07-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
But did he seem like a nice guy though?
Probably has some great stories to tell thats for sure.
Old 08-07-2019, 10:29 PM

Lol. Feel sorry for ya bud.
Old 08-07-2019, 10:35 PM

Anyone wanna come mow my grass Saturday morning at 7am? Will pay! Lol
Old 08-07-2019, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Update:

And that’s that.

Wow, what a 100% jackhole holding onto his anger..guess many here were so very
wrong about this guy having work shift issues, LOL !! What a Red Flag type personality he is.
My advice, get those camera's up pronto, cut that lawn whenever you please.
Old 08-07-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
Wow, what a 100% jackhole holding onto his anger..guess many here were so very
wrong about this guy having work shift issues, LOL !! What a Red Flag type personality he is.
My advice, get those camera's up pronto, cut that lawn whenever you please.
Ordered ourselves three WiFi cameras on amazon. 1 pointing down the driveway and two watching the entranceways. Pretty good deal, wyze cam I think they are called.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Update:
".. seen my disgruntled neighbor.. I waved, said hello .. was told to “get off my effing driveway now!
You were 10X the man he was today, Karma is gonna teach him good after you tried to make
good with him, just watch, he will be his own demise & I hope you get to witness it.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:16 PM

You should hold a block party for all the neighbors. I bet your not the only one that's had runins with him. If you have really good neighbors maybe you could all get to get her and now the lawns at 9 am . You definatly are taking the high road though , in the long run it will pay off.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
Let the birds decide. I'll be around Stettler aound the 15th. I got nothing to lose.. My boys should be with me. They might make Ken look small. One does for sure.
Do what your mind tells you to do,as for me I could care less about how big any one is in size including you and who ever,i don't know how big KEN is and I really don't care and why should I. Ken does his thing online and as far as I know it's all good.

Enjoy your trip,looks like you got it all figured out specially if you got nothing to lose.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Update:

And that’s that.

This why I said keep a cool tool, going into his yard and taunting him like mentioned before wasn't such a good plan.PUT you cameras up just cut your grass and go on with your life.

There's a reason he isn't in jail and that is because he's just loud mouth who thinks he is some and a heat bag, heat bags are hated by bikers if they know him and most bikers don't hassle there neighbors .
Old 08-16-2019, 12:27 PM

My son just moved to a new town, closer to us. I gave him a nice old mower, JD with a Honda engine, very quiet. At 7:30 last night he was out mowing, and a neighbor from across the back alley 4 houses down came stomping into his yard, telling him they were just trying to relax in their hot tub. 'I don't know if you are new to the town, but we have quiet time after supper'.
He politely shut it off, but said he can't wait until he is home again, let them win this round but is definately annoyed. 7:30?

He says he can't wait until they buy an acreage.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-16-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
My son just moved to a new town, closer to us. I gave him a nice old mower, JD with a Honda engine, very quiet. At 7:30 last night he was out mowing, and a neighbor from across the back alley 4 houses down came stomping into his yard, telling him they were just trying to relax in their hot tub. 'I don't know if you are new to the town, but we have quiet time after supper'.
He politely shut it off, but said he can't wait until he is home again, let them win this round but is definately annoyed. 7:30?

Tell your son to try cutting grass at 7:30 in the morning. See what rules the town has around breakfast time!

BW
Old 08-16-2019, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post

I'd suggest he pursue this with the town council.
Most people work...the only time to do lawn care is after dinner.
I have a feeling the neighbor was full of....
Old 08-16-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Tell your son to try cutting grass at 7:30 in the morning. See what rules the town has around breakfast time!

BW
If the neighbor turns out to be one of those types, I will give him another mower to use, maybe the muffler will have come off this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
I'd suggest he pursue this with the town council.
Most people work...the only time to do lawn care is after dinner.
I have a feeling the neighbor was full of....
Beer and entitlement? I agree lol.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-16-2019, 08:37 PM

Weather forecast for a hot sunny Saturday
Couple of Gallons of melted hot lard.
Hand pump weed sprayer.
6am Saturday driveway.

Be sure to film his Saturday brunch toughguy fat adze backing out of garage Hardly LAUNCH!!

Then threaten to send the video to his work, his HA buddies that he a sycophant to......they would laugh their adzes off, and he’d earn his nickname “Lardass Grease Streak”
Old 08-17-2019, 06:21 AM

I thought support 81 is only worn or represented by people friendly to the (club).? With no affiliation?
Old 08-17-2019, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
Weather forecast for a hot sunny Saturday
Couple of Gallons of melted hot lard.
Hand pump weed sprayer.
6am Saturday driveway.

Be sure to film his Saturday brunch toughguy fat adze backing out of garage Hardly LAUNCH!!

Then threaten to send the video to his work, his HA buddies that he a sycophant to......they would laugh their adzes off, and he’d earn his nickname “Lardass Grease Streak”
Nah.

He probably has his own cameras.

This plan would end badly.
Old 08-17-2019, 07:05 AM

Just a thought,is the OP a visible minority,maybe the neighbor is racist
Old 08-17-2019, 08:10 AM

I have a neighbour who is a bit weird, when he first moved in he never cut his grass, and it looked pretty shaggy, when I saw him I offered him my mower, he pretty much told me to mind my on F__g business, so I left it at that. Then we noticed that he had 4 small children under 6 and they never ever came outside, curtains are always closed so we got a bit concerned , Its like he is mad at the world or something. Then this past winter with the first big snow fall, I got the snow blower out and snow blew/blowed the entire block, he then came out and thanked me and he has been super nice, them I got laid up this winter and he even shoveled my sidewalk, and I think we are on good speaking terms now and have conversations over the fence.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbadger View Post
Nah.

He probably has his own cameras.

This plan would end badly.
The miserable person wobbled over from 4 houses away, cameras wouldn't work.
I think maybe setting up a misting device that they would have to walk through with Blackhearts concoction would be the way to go, too funny lol.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:46 AM

I think asking 'Mr.Hot tub',
"When do you cut your lawn" would be an interesting reply.
Old 08-17-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
In your opinion what time in the morning is too early to be firing up the mower/weedwacker?

This morning I started mowing my lawn at 10:45 and was confronted by a disgruntled neighbor on my first pass who told me to “shut that f’ing mower off, some of us are trying to sleep.
After showing him the time he threatens me by saying I’m Gona need new tires and a paint job if I do it again.

Just moved into the house in May. Welcome to the neighborhood I guess lol.
Next time have the hose ready

Some times you catch the Big fish, some times you get stuck in Chip
Old 08-17-2019, 07:49 PM

I was telling my buddy in Blackfalds about this thread. He told me that one Thursday night awhile back at 11:00PM his neighbor decided to have a hot tub party just outside his bedroom window. He got up shut the window and fired up his AC unit which is just across the fence from the hot tub.

BW
Old 08-18-2019, 10:34 AM

He would be really ****ed off if he lived in my neighbourhood with 3 years of road construction
Old 08-20-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
In your opinion what time in the morning is too early to be firing up the mower/weedwacker?

This morning I started mowing my lawn at 10:45 and was confronted by a disgruntled neighbor on my first pass who told me to “shut that f’ing mower off, some of us are trying to sleep.
After showing him the time he threatens me by saying I’m Gona need new tires and a paint job if I do it again.

Just moved into the house in May. Welcome to the neighborhood I guess lol.
Does your vehicle need new tires and a paint job?

7:00 am until 10:00 pm here in Canada's fifth most violent city.

Mow that SOB.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:37 PM

If you can get the timing right I highly suggest the following which worked very well for myself and a friend years ago.

1) determine location of waterhole most frequented by neighbour and fellow biker aquaintances

2) confirm neighbours hog is one of several parked nose in and side by side outside waterhole

3) clip rear wheel of first hog in line at approximately 25 mph

4) enjoy the splendour of watching 4-9 HD's toppling like dominos to the pavement below and the ensuing parts sale
Old 08-21-2019, 04:17 PM

Have Chuck Norris over for a BBQ.

Dodger.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Update:

And that’s that.

Has the guy given you any further problems, myself if my neighbor 3 doors down is a dick head and I know all I need to know about him I'm a happy guy.

Don't damage his property or idiot stuff like mentioned, never forfeit your liberties for an idiot. Save yourself for the big battles in life. Every one has them in different forms. Support 81stickers are just want to be bikers who just want to play there role.

Last edited by JD848; 08-21-2019 at 04:48 PM.