Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-20-2019, 12:23 PM

Default Vortex Fury HD 5000

Picked up a pair the other day and have been in the field with them since. I am extremely impressed with them so far.

Was lucky enough to spend some time at the hunting store and compared the Swaros El range against the Fury, knowing full well the swaro was out of my price range I thought it would be good to compare anyways.

Obviously without any argument at all the el's have better glass but when it comes to the range finder the vortex was superior. I found the swaro hard to see the display and really battled with getting ranges even inside 500yards, where the fury was crisp and clean display and super fast. I did not like the left handed button on the swaro and yes the fury button can be a little challenging to locate. Nice the fury can be set to Meters or Yards. LOS and Angle.

Since purchasing them and taking them right to the field I have been able to range bales in the field with a good support at 3205 yards. Free hand I was able to range out to 2135, which I was extremely impressed with. When I put the range finder on animals was fairly easy compared to the old one handed leupold I have and was able to range a deer at 983 yards.

So far very impressed with the Fury 5000, one thing that takes some getting used to is the weight. Im not one to complain about weight that much but did notice a difference between them and my binos but again my binos didn't have a rangefinder in them either.

Cant wait to actually range dial and squeeze.
Old 08-20-2019, 03:31 PM

Thanks for the review. It's always nice to hear people's real life experiences with gear.
"The world around me disappeared. I caressed the trigger with my index finger, knowing that a scant two pounds of pressure would cause it to unleash the firing pin and set in motion a series of events that would be catastrophic for one of us." - T.J Schwanky
Old 08-20-2019, 03:47 PM

Default Pro, con,s

My friend bought a pair and was very happy with bang for his buck,but after the spring season they had a rattle,he sent them back and is still waiting for repairs,he was not impressed since most units are simply replaced.good luck with your new investment .