Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-07-2024, 06:50 AM

Default Up to date reservoir level info

I used to use Sentinel which had decent resolution but now their site sends me to Copernicus which has such poor resolution that it is virtually useless for water level checking. So does anyone have a site for up to date level info on the SMIRD lakes or a site that updates it satellite images at least weekly with good resolution? I don't mind paying a modest fee for up to date images.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-07-2024, 08:14 AM

South west Saskatchewan is finally getting desperately needed rain, in Moose Jaw there is nearly 3" in the last week. I'm hoping this is happening all over western Canada and Diefenbaker is filling up!

Last edited by tool; 05-07-2024 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-07-2024, 08:16 AM

I also use Copernicus for sat imagery. I don't find it that much different than Sentinel Hub.

Water levels from AEP.
https://rivers.alberta.ca/
Old 05-07-2024, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool View Post
South west Saskatchewan is finally getting desperately needed rain, in Moose Jaw there is nearly 3' in the last week. I'm hoping this is happening all over western Canada and Diefenbaker is filling up!
Im upstream from you, believe ,me theres going to be a lot of h2o heading your way

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-07-2024, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I used to use Sentinel which had decent resolution but now their site sends me to Copernicus which has such poor resolution that it is virtually useless for water level checking. So does anyone have a site for up to date level info on the SMIRD lakes or a site that updates it satellite images at least weekly with good resolution? I don't mind paying a modest fee for up to date images.
The performance since it became Copernicus is so bad it is basically useless now. Sentinel Hub was never like this. Too bad they messed it up.
Old 05-07-2024, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Im upstream from you, believe ,me theres going to be a lot of h2o heading your way
I am more wondering on SMRID reservoir levels.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-07-2024, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
The performance since it became Copernicus is so bad it is basically useless now. Sentinel Hub was never like this. Too bad they messed it up.
Pretty much.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-07-2024, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I am more wondering on SMRID reservoir levels.
There was a link posted further up that puts real time numbers to reservoir levels. I believe the number they give though is of usable capacity for irrigation purposes (but I could be wrong). I Have used it in the past to record what the level was when I have been there to give me an idea in the future if I can launch the boat or not. Keep in min ones lakes capacity can be wildly different than another.