Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-29-2020, 01:28 AM
AO Sponsor

Default Serengeti Fishing Charters Salmon/Halibut Fishing REPORTS 2020

Hey guys,

As usual will be doing a reports thread this season. Fishing has started out pretty amazingly.

We are offering 30% off our all inclusive trips for June and some of July so contact me asap as we are actually filling up with Alberta/BC/Sask guests fairly quickly with this once in a lifetime deal! And no, Albertans aren't treated badly in BC, but are actually welcome! Port Hardy, Port McNeill etc have all declared open for tourism now as well! ( https://www.cheknews.ca/some-towns-b...utdown-671290/ )

Fishing is the best I have ever seen it in May, with limits for 5 anglers for Chinook in only a couple hours with many lost/missed as well. We have already caught 2 Tyees, and our bigger fish don't usually start showing up till June...it's just crazy fishing out there with the most bait I've ever seen out there...squid after squid. With many less fishermen out there and many lodges closed for the season, this summer is looking like it will be one of the best for non stop action. Not to mention the fact that 4 years ago was our best Tyee year ever at the lodge...and Chinook are in 4 year cycles for the most part.

Halibut fishing and lingcod fishing has been amazing, caught 8 halibut in an hour and a bit, just fish after fish with the avg size in the 50-55lb range with a 120 lb, and two over 80 lbs released as well. Lingcod is pretty much hit bottom and jig a few times and fish on! Let me know if you have any questions and enjoy the pictures!

We are providing masks for all of our guests as well as gloves and following all the guidelines put forth by BC PHO. Rooms are being sanitized daily and every single precaution is being taken! No better place to social distance than the middle of the ocean!

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 06-01-2020, 12:00 AM
AO Sponsor

Into 20 Chinook in an hour and 20min today, average size 15-16 lbs with the largest at 20lbs. Insane fishing, 5 double headers! Then limits of lingcod after and limits of hali in 40-55lb range...pictures shortly. Still have some great dates next week and end of June!

Old 06-01-2020, 07:10 AM

Glad you are having a good season. Hope you stay busy.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:43 AM

DOES B.C. not have a 14 day isolation plan, I was supposed to be in Manitoba this week but they have a 14 isolation plan in effect ?.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:49 AM
AO Sponsor

No we don’t interprovincially. From US yes but believe all of Canada does if returning or going to US

So can come and go as please to and from BC

Old 06-01-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti Charters View Post
No we don’t interprovincially. From US yes but believe all of Canada does if returning or going to US

So can come and go as please to and from BC
OK thanks
Old 06-01-2020, 08:09 AM

Great to hear you are fishing.

I hope the government doesn’t give away fish quotas from recreational to commercial this year.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-01-2020, 07:16 PM
AO Sponsor

Have a single last minute looking for one to join June 9-11 or June 12-14. Can arrange separate rooms as well. Masks And gloves provided on board Should anyone want them

Old 06-03-2020, 06:53 PM
AO Sponsor

Limits continue to be easy on Chinook in only an hour and a half and could catch and release probably 60-70 Chinook in the day. Hali/lingcod doing very well too! Let me know if anyone can come last minute June 9-11 or June 12-14 with a single joining...will be a smoking deal.

David

Old 06-10-2020, 12:30 AM
AO Sponsor

Crazy SE gales today, probably windiest day of season, but waited for it to calm down a bit and took a protected path to our grounds and between 1130 and 330 were into 51 Chinook, landed 23 (rookie crew so started out 0/11), releasing 15. Fishing is good! Weather is down tomorrow so will be a bottomfish, hali, salmon combo day!

Old 06-11-2020, 12:56 AM
AO Sponsor

Another insane day, into 26 Chinook (23 landed, majority released) in only an hour and a half today! 8 double headers! Also got a TYEE! Limited out on halibut in 20-60lb range too as well as lingcod! Full sweep today !

Old 06-16-2020, 12:20 AM
AO Sponsor

Fishing remains on absolute fire...it is crazy, has to be the best start of a season yet as everywhere is loaded with Chinook and fishing is non stop! Pictures coming tomorrow!

Still have dates in the last few weeks of July and into August (aka Hogust)

Old 06-16-2020, 12:16 PM

Default !!!!

CAN'T FRIKKIN WAIT!!!
see you guys in a month and a half!!!
halis.jpg
Old 06-20-2020, 07:17 AM
AO Sponsor

What kind of openings do you have available these days?

None of my regulars want to go this year... everybody scared to death!!!
Old 06-22-2020, 11:16 PM
AO Sponsor

Hey buddy! Have July 12 onward open for some fishing! On fire these days, released a 35lb and 38 lb Chinook yesterday, today limits for all the boats by 10am despite some not so great weather. Life is good! Keep saying this but will post pictures tomorrow...PROMISE! Really exciting to see how well the fishing is going and fishing is open for retention where we fish!

Old 06-24-2020, 12:15 AM
AO Sponsor

For whatever reason pictures won't properly upload, will try again tomorrow! Fishing has been very good, large size fish for mid June too which should really bode well for mid July on when the big boys are in town! Limits most days are easy, and guests have been heading home with their full limits every group. But again, really nice size on the Chinook. Already have 12 Tyees landed this year and it's not even the end of June....A LOT of big fish coming through this July and August, especially with all the large lodges being shut down as well as commercial fishery not starting till mid August.

Halibut fishing has been super steady with a nice avg size and we caught and released a 254 LB HALI last week! What a hog! Great average size right now and lots of big ones to catch and release too! As for lingcod fishing, I don't think I've seen this many lingcod around ever. Lots of 8-14 lbers to wade through (honestly, best eating by far) but just non stop action. And ya never know what you're gonna bring up!

If you're looking into coming out to the coast this summer, we would love to have you, have dates from mid July onward and some great dates for BIG fish in August.We are offering 30% off for all inclusive trips out too! Any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Old 06-24-2020, 12:16 AM
AO Sponsor

Only two I could get to download, will try again for all of them tomorrow!

Catch and release 35lber

Our old guide Tay with a monster 40lber caught and released!

Old 06-26-2020, 12:49 AM
AO Sponsor

Imgur is literally driving me nuts, so if any of you guys have other options for picture sites please let me know,

today, limits of hali from 30-64lbs, limit of chinook to 24 lbs, and limit of lingcod to 34lbs! It was honestly calm and limits for each species were so easy...love it!

Old 06-26-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Imgur is literally driving me nuts, so if any of you guys have other options for picture sites please let me know,

today, limits of hali from 30-64lbs, limit of chinook to 24 lbs, and limit of lingcod to 34lbs! It was honestly calm and limits for each species were so easy...love it!
Wow! Great update. Sounds fantastic.

Check out https://postimages.org/
I've been using it for a couple of years now with no issues.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:41 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Wow! Great update. Sounds fantastic.

Check out https://postimages.org/
I've been using it for a couple of years now with no issues.
Thanks so much! Will try that website out tomorrow!

Old 06-27-2020, 08:49 AM

[QUOTE=Serengeti Charters;4193027]Imgur is literally driving me nuts, so if any of you guys have other options for picture sites please let me know,

Try the Tapatalk app, you can post pics right from your phone, no hosting required. Nice looking fish!
Old 06-27-2020, 09:24 AM

[QUOTE=Buckwheat;4193577]
Quote:

Try the Tapatalk app, you can post pics right from your phone, no hosting required. Nice looking fish!
Ageed, and simple!

But, Serengeti have a few more pics than the odd upload. And, no doubt it would be nice to keep and organize pics for more than sharing, such as advertising. You can create galleries by year / season. Example attached.

Serengeti is more than just your average bear...er poster
Attached Images
File Type: jpg galleries.jpg (31.1 KB, 72 views)
Old 07-02-2020, 01:25 PM

Myself and 3 buddies just got back from fishing with Dave (well not fishing with him so much as with one of his outstanding guides Collin). It was absolutely amazing. From the minute we arrived to the minute we left it was simply fantastic. The food is great. The accommodations are comfy and clean. You are part of the family yet you get your own privacy.

But most of all, the fishing is beyond superlatives. Not just the catch and size, but the dedication of Serengeti and its guides to ensuring you have the best possible chances of success. I have been fortunate enough to ocean fish in different areas North and Central America - nothing has come close to this. We are so thankful that David was patient enough with the constant Covid concerns and that we finally had enough balls to just “do it!”. You should too. It will feed your stomach, your sense of adventure and your soul. But don’t use the deck cleaning hose to squirt Dave in his boat from your boat. He definitely has a trick for that. I will bring more apples next time.

Thanks again Dave. See you next year.

Cheers,

Sco22
Old 07-05-2020, 10:42 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sco22 View Post
Myself and 3 buddies just got back from fishing with Dave (well not fishing with him so much as with one of his outstanding guides Collin). It was absolutely amazing. From the minute we arrived to the minute we left it was simply fantastic. The food is great. The accommodations are comfy and clean. You are part of the family yet you get your own privacy.

But most of all, the fishing is beyond superlatives. Not just the catch and size, but the dedication of Serengeti and its guides to ensuring you have the best possible chances of success. I have been fortunate enough to ocean fish in different areas North and Central America - nothing has come close to this. We are so thankful that David was patient enough with the constant Covid concerns and that we finally had enough balls to just “do it!”. You should too. It will feed your stomach, your sense of adventure and your soul. But don’t use the deck cleaning hose to squirt Dave in his boat from your boat. He definitely has a trick for that. I will bring more apples next time.

Thanks again Dave. See you next year.

Cheers,

Sco22
Thanks so much buddy! We loved having you boys up and Colin sure had fun on the boat with ya, even chatting out by the hot tub was a good time with you guys. Looking forward to next year already...and maybe bring a bigger squirt gun next time, one that competes with 600 HP

Old 07-10-2020, 12:12 AM
AO Sponsor

Fishing is on absolute fire. 7 double headers in a row for Chinook all by ourselves today. Limit of Chinook for 5 people in an hour and a half and just as many lost! Great avg size around 22lbs too. Limit of hali and ling after as well. Pictures to come think I figured out that new site snapFisher. Thanks again !

Old 07-10-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Fishing is on absolute fire. 7 double headers in a row for Chinook all by ourselves today. Limit of Chinook for 5 people in an hour and a half and just as many lost! Great avg size around 22lbs too. Limit of hali and ling after as well. Pictures to come think I figured out that new site snapFisher. Thanks again !
Wow, that has to be some kind of record. Sore arms all around?
Congrats to you and the guests!

For AO, when you share a pic the option "Hotlink for forums" will embed directly in the fishing report. I haven't found an option they do not support yet for all the different forums / platforms. I'm curious about Premium level but staying a cheep freebie for now
Old 07-10-2020, 10:13 PM
AO Sponsor

Ah, so here is the report. Fishing has been insane. Like everyday been great. Only 4 days in last several weeks hasn't it been and that was because it was blowing insane NW winds and we couldn't even get out to the best salmon grounds. It was over one 3 day package so minus that three day package and one extra day after it has been very good. Today, 15 DOUBLE HEADERS on my boat alone!!! Fifteen! Kept limits and released 15 as well as losing 15-20 Chinook...by 11:30 AM! Doesn't get better than that, and we couldn't even head out to the best fishing due to high winds. MANY BIG Chinook around too!

Bottom fishing and halibut have been great. Had one guest that had been after a 100+lb halibut for 10 years going to another location, came with us and got 3 (catch and release) in 2 days....104lbs, 151lbs, and 182lbs. Plus limits of their keepers in 50-60lb range. That's some good fishing boys!

We still have some amazing dates at the end of July and into August! Let me know if you are interested as SO many fish this season and so few boats, combined with our best prices in 10 years, love to have some of you out! Only seen our boats salmon fishing for almost 5 days now too! Love it. Throw a PM anytime if you have any questions!

Tight Lines
David Jr

Old 07-11-2020, 11:50 PM
AO Sponsor

Can't forget this one!

Old 07-16-2020, 08:45 AM
AO Sponsor

Super pics Dave! Thanks

Are you getting any monster salmon this year?
Old 07-23-2020, 12:25 AM
AO Sponsor

Fishing is on absolute FIRE boys and great avg size too!!! Chinook limits everyday, and bottomfish and halibut been very good to boot The Chinook are only gonna get bigger!

July 26-28 and 29-31 is open, super last minute so even more discount than covid, and we have only 2 dates in August open now (normal covid rate) So let us know if interested in that as about 8 groups looking into those dates right now too!