Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
He's done zero? From what I understand, he led the resistance to a federal carbon tax. That's pretty significant. I'd like to hear your definition of a 'decent job' as well. Is energy east approved now?
http://calgaryherald.com/news/politi...eet-in-toronto

As far as the federal carbon tax idea, all premiers were against a federal tax. Notley already has hers and said that all revenues from any Carbon tax on Albertans must stay in Alberta.

And I like her B-slapping of Christy Clark. "OH. you want to export power from BC to and through Alberta?????" LOL
http://www.vancouversun.com/business..._lsa=8435-ecaa
Old 03-05-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Exactly! The last thing that Saskatchewan would want to do is join up with people that might vote in an NDP government , after Saskatchewan only recently escaped their tyranny.
Sask will probably change governments now that they are announcing big deficit increases while their economy craters. Potash, coal, and oil are in the gutter and as the trend seems to go everyone blames the government and thinks some how another government would magically fix the problem despite the fundamentals saying other wise

Changing out the politcians is always the solution to fundamental problems in the economy it seems, weeellll judging by peoples opinions anyways.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
uh....there was a movement a few years ago supporting NE BC joining Alberta..?
Those are North western Albertans. You can have everything east of the mountains.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79ford View Post
Sask will probably change governments now that they are announcing big deficit increases while their economy craters. Potash, coal, and oil are in the gutter and as the trend seems to go everyone blames the government and thinks some how another government would magically fix the problem despite the fundamentals saying other wise

Changing out the politcians is always the solution to fundamental problems in the economy it seems, weeellll judging by peoples opinions anyways.
You've got to be smoking something if you think brad wall isn't going to win easily. He has the highest approval rating in the country if memory serves me correctly, Saskatchewan sees that for the first time that anyone can remember young people have actually been staying around. 10 years or so ago I know someone from Saskatchewan than moved out to Alberta so that he could meet someone young from Saskatchewan to marry as they had all left (he ended up being successful btw) for the first time in a very long time Saskatchewan is actually growing.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slough shark View Post
You've got to be smoking something if you think brad wall isn't going to win easily. He has the highest approval rating in the country if memory serves me correctly, Saskatchewan sees that for the first time that anyone can remember young people have actually been staying around. 10 years or so ago I know someone from Saskatchewan than moved out to Alberta so that he could meet someone young from Saskatchewan to marry as they had all left (he ended up being successful btw) for the first time in a very long time Saskatchewan is actually growing.
Sask aint doing too well now that potash is skidding into the gutter and their oil patch has been just as hammered as ours except they dont have the massive petrochemical and refini g complex we do which makes the oil crash even rougher for them. their housing is dropping faster than calgarys too. Budget deficits are starting to balloon next door too.

Sask is a two trick pony, potash and oil.... both welll.... arent doing well,lol
Old 03-05-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Yep, he's eager to cash in and build the roller coaster.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:30 PM

Northern BC is a conservative riding. **** ya we'd come with ya!
Old 03-05-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalhunter View Post
Northern BC is a conservative riding. **** ya we'd come with ya!
Bulkley-Stikine has been NDP for quiet some time.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 03-05-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Sask aint doing too well now that potash is skidding into the gutter and their oil patch has been just as hammered as ours except they dont have the massive petrochemical and refini g complex we do which makes the oil crash even rougher for them. their housing is dropping faster than calgarys too. Budget deficits are starting to balloon next door too.

Sask is a two trick pony, potash and oil.... both welll.... arent doing well,lol
Well I suspect since you don't like wall you are more of a fan of Ontario and Quebec with their "diversified exonomies" how's their provincial debt doing? Oh right they are in debt up to their eyeballs. You might not like it but Alberta and sask actually have diversified economies and actually have a future. There is a reason why over the last 30 years people moved to Alberta and the last 7-8 years people have started moving to Saskatchewan. Yes we are in a temporary downturn but please name 1 ndp government that has been good for any economy anywhere...
Old 03-05-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Well I suspect since you don't like wall you are more of a fan of Ontario and Quebec with their "diversified exonomies" how's their provincial debt doing? Oh right they are in debt up to their eyeballs. You might not like it but Alberta and sask actually have diversified economies and actually have a future. There is a reason why over the last 30 years people moved to Alberta and the last 7-8 years people have started moving to Saskatchewan. Yes we are in a temporary downturn but please name 1 ndp government that has been good for any economy anywhere...
I once heard a joke from Preston Manning commenting on his father. Basically someone asked his father "What is Alberta's economic development strategy?" To which old man Manning replied "The election of NDP governments in Manitoba, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan." The NDP historically don't have a good track record when it comes to the economy.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged1 View Post
Yep, he's eager to cash in and build the roller coaster.
Well considering the past successes of the ndp in Saskatchewan at least he is on a ride lol.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:21 PM

Personally I always get a laugh about how the ndp and liberals always say that Alberta balanced its budget under Klein by running a huge "infrastructure deficit" they always seems to forget about how bad the roads were in Saskatchewan under the ndp, potholes big enough to swallow several semi trucks and the single lane transcanada highway. Brad wall changed that ,since he's been in power they've jmproved their situation drastically in comparison to Alberta under its liberal governments of Stelmach and Redford
Old 03-05-2016, 01:24 PM

For hunting Purposes only.....Yes I would be in.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:

The big difference between Alberta and Saskatchewan, is that Saskatchewan has already suffered under the NDP regime in the past, so they know what an NDP government would mean for them.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:

A lot more going on here than just potash and oil. Sure, commodities are hurting but that doesn't fall back on Wall or his government. People here aren't going to be short sighted enough to jump to the alternative because of the economy. The questionable land deal in Regina is going to be a bigger hurdle than the provincial or national economy, and even that is not likely to drag the sask party down. Most of the support for the opposition is coming from unions (but not necessarily the employees within the unions) and people who love social programs without being contributors.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I can see how diversified alberta is.... oil hits the skids for a year and the economy goes off the rails, one trick pony lol.

Sask isnt doing very well either, two trick pony there but both commodities subject to international pricing/and demands.

Alberta thankfully has a bunch of petrochemical processing facilities and refineries/upgraders etc to keep some sort of a baseline economic floor in place. That and forestry are probably keeping alberta from teetering into a full blown slump.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:15 PM

You guys are all missing the point.... we'd have to become Rider fans
Old 03-05-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I can see how diversified alberta is.... oil hits the skids for a year and the economy goes off the rails, one trick pony lol.

Sask isnt doing very well either, two trick pony there but both commodities subject to international pricing/and demands.

Alberta thankfully has a bunch of petrochemical processing facilities and refineries/upgraders etc to keep some sort of a baseline economic floor in place. That and forestry are probably keeping alberta from teetering into a full blown slump.
Except we don't tell the rest of Canada to follow the "laws" we made up.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:

Since you seem to not like either Alberta or Saskatchewan's economies name 1 province out of our fine country that you approve of...
Old 03-05-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:

Biggest refinery in western Canada is in Saskatchewan. Agriculture is huge too
Old 03-05-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
You guys are all missing the point.... we'd have to become Rider fans
You would have the best of 2 worlds then. The "Saskatchewan Eskimo's"! That is just wrong.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:31 PM

And you'll have to call chocolate milk VI-CO
Old 03-05-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
please name 1 ndp government that has been good for any economy anywhere...
I've seen this question asked multiple times and yet never seen a response to it....straaannge.

Big mouth don't make a big man-John Wayne
Old 03-05-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1797 View Post
I've seen this question asked multiple times and yet never seen a response to it....straaannge.
It's not strange at all.