Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-03-2008, 11:18 AM
sheephunter

Default Alberta Resident Hunters for Justice

At the urging of a few board members, I signed up for this group's mailing list a few weeks ago.....seems like a good place to go if you are looking for info on Open Spaces. Is there more to this group that's not on the web site....as in are there meetings and such and a more formal membership or is it just an informational service? It seems some on the board are more involved with ARHFJ than it would indicate you can be on the website. Thanks for any info.

It keeps referencing a group of individuals. Can anyone become part of this group or is membership limited?

Last edited by sheephunter; 03-03-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:23 AM

can someone post a link?

There are no absolutes
Old 03-03-2008, 11:24 AM
sheephunter

http://arhj.org/index.html
Old 03-03-2008, 02:06 PM

Interesting site. Did you see Eddy's response letter, saying they would take another look at Open Spaces in Cabinet? Wonder what he wrote the farmers and ranchers in favour of it? LOL Have to check their sites.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Interesting site. Did you see Eddy's response letter, saying they would take another look at Open Spaces in Cabinet? Wonder what he wrote the farmers and ranchers in favour of it? LOL Have to check their sites.
Good point Oko! We get so wound up with our side of the issue it easy to forget that the other side has people and votes too.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Banned

Last edited by Mintaka; 12-29-2008 at 06:17 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:25 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
Thanks for the link sheep.
I never knew about this site or about this organization. Definitely worth sending to all the outdoorsman that have yet to learn about Open Spaces.
Glad to help....definitely lots of info there about Open Spaces. Although with only 108 visitors as of this morning it seems it is pretty much unknown.

Last edited by sheephunter; 03-03-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:08 AM
sheephunter

I know we have a lot of people on here that use ARHJ in their signature...surely they can shed a little light on the inner working of this group???
Old 03-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Banned

Yes, who are these guys?
I saw the web site, it doesnt help a bunch.

Jamie
Old 03-04-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Yes, who are these guys?
I saw the web site, it doesnt help a bunch.

Jamie
Alberta Resident Hunters for Justice is a group of concerned individuals whose purpose is to oppose Open Spaces.

Pretty self explanitory
Old 03-04-2008, 11:20 AM
sheephunter

How can one become part of this group Ike...other than the mailing list I mean.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:23 AM
340wtby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
How can one become part of this group Ike...other than the mailing list I mean.
You must clearly state your opposition of Open Spaces,
No fence sitters!
Old 03-04-2008, 11:25 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340wtby View Post
You must clearly state your opposition of Open Spaces,
No fence sitters!
I was under the impression that there were no formal membership requirements 340...thanks for clearing that up. I must admit that the website is a bit unclear about that. So once a person clearly states that, how do they become part of the group.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:26 AM
340wtby

Quote:
I was under the impression that there were no formal membership requirements 340...thanks for clearing that up. I must admit that the website is a bit unclear about that. So once a person clearly states that, how do they become part of the group.
State your opposition to Open Spaces and find out.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:27 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
State your opposition to Open Spaces and find out.
And who would I state that to 340....who comprises the membership committee?
Old 03-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Banned

Well, I have stated my opposition.. Do I need to go look in my mailbox for the Life member package I will be receiving.

I would just like to know who is involved, is their a Board of directors? What are the goals and ambitions, will you be involved with any negotiations of O/S.
Really guys the Web site is very narrow.

I Need more INFO!!!

Jamie
Old 03-04-2008, 11:34 AM
340wtby

Quote:
And who would I state that to 340....who comprises the membership committee?
The group is informal, there is no corporate structure, no executive positions, no membership fees, no mission statement, and no political ties.

This is from the website, I don't know what's hard to understand about it. sheesh.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Banned

340.. Fair enough. Perhaps I didn't read it closely enough the other day.. Or did the front page change?

So who is running this thing?
And what can I do to help?
Will this group be invited to sit at any tables that will be talking about and planning O/S?
And if invited, will they sit?
Are there any meetings? If so where and when?
Jamie
Old 03-04-2008, 11:44 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
The group is informal, there is no corporate structure, no executive positions, no membership fees, no mission statement, and no political ties.

This is from the website, I don't know what's hard to understand about it. sheesh.
See that's where I'm confused 340....I did read the web site thoroughly and read the section you reference but the web site also references a group of individuals so I was just curious as to whether there was more to this group or not. As a lot on here use the ARHJ in their signatures, I thought it must be more than strictly an informational web site.

Now your previous posts indicate that there is indeed more to the group and there are indeed requirements to become part of the group so I ask again....once a person meets the membership requirements (ie states opposition to OSA) how do they become part of the group as you stated they could be? Obviously you have knowledge of the inner workings of this group that I don't and obviously you are one of their spokesmen. There's nothing surreptitious going on here, I'm quite honestly just curious.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:46 AM

Default arhj

as a outdoorsman concerned about the future of hunting in alberta for my children , this looks like a good way to display a united front to our mla,s that the OS is only USA pay for privlige hunting that only benifits big ranch\farm\lease operators (imo ) .
it just scares the hell out of me that they would take so many tags out of the system to give to these people an basicly declare alberta wildlife for sale.
it may only be in two zones now as a pilot project but, it will have the success it is intend to have and operators through-out the province will be watching this and want the same for themselves, (why can,t i get $10.000 for that moose growing fat on my land).
now please don,t strike me dead for my opinion or thoughts on this matter but 110,000 of use in one place at one time should be able to make ED\TED rethink this whole process and find new ways to increase wildlife and access for generations to come.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:

You expect to be taken seriously and this is your attitude ???

No mission statement !!! then what the heck are you doin..

Sorry but you all better get organised if you expect to accomplish anything.. Till then I'll fight my own fight.. THX
Old 03-04-2008, 11:50 AM

I don't know any of the members personally and I am certainly not privy to any information about the membership but I would expect given the lenghty and in depth discussions on OS we have all been involved with on this board, why would they waste their time involving people who are just going to get in the way?
Old 03-04-2008, 11:53 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy ike View Post
I don't know any of the members personally and I am certainly not privy to any information about the membership but I would expect given the lenghty and in depth discussions on OS we have all been involved with on this board, why would they waste their time involving people who are just going to get in the way?
That would make great sense Ike but why all the secrecy for those that want to contribute in a positive way. I was actually the 12th visitor to the web site and was most impressed with the info there and that's the reason I brought to the board. It looks as though the hits on the site have doubled since I made other board members aware of the quality info available there. Now, I'm just curious about the remaider of the group and if there is a way to become more involved.

340, you should also change the web addy in your signature to http://arhj.org/index.html The one you have just takes you to a "domain name for sale" page
Old 03-04-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
That would make great sense Ike but why all the secrecy for those that want to contribute in a positive way. I was actually the 12th visitor to the web site and was most impressed with the info there and that's the reason I brought to the board. It looks as though the hits on the site have doubled since I made other board members aware of the quality info available there. Now, I'm just curious about the remaider of the group and if there is a way to become more involved.

I am as in the dark about ARHJ as the next guy but if it's a few like minded individuals trying to promote their agenda, it would stand to reason that THEY would decide who they think contributes in a positive way?
Old 03-04-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Kind of like why should the AFGA be invited back to the OSA table Ike?
Old 03-04-2008, 11:59 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
I am as in the dark about ARHJ as the next guy but if it's a few like minded individuals trying to promote their agenda, it would stand to reason that THEY would decide who they think contributes in a positive way?
Again I totally agree with you Ike but how does one even express an interest in becoming involved with the group or even if there is a group to become more involved with?
Old 03-04-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Again I totally agree with you Ike but how does one even express an interest in becoming involved with the group or even if there is a group to become more involved with?

I would like to walk into the temple in Cardston and ask the Elders what, if any involvement the LDS church and curch owned companies have had in this whole *****show. If I could figure out how to do that I probably could give you an answer you would be happy with.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
Kind of like why should the AFGA be invited back to the OSA table Ike?
Thats called politics. I don't write the rules becuase they change every second.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:04 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
I would like to walk into the temple in Cardston and ask the Elders what, if any involvement the LDS church and curch owned companies have had in this whole *****show. If I could figure out how to do that I probably could give you an answer you would be happy with.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I was trying to illustrate that different groups involved with this thing play by different rules. Just becuase some have or give the appearence of transparency it does not imply that everyone does or has to.