Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-26-2019, 09:40 AM

Default No more "A/O EXPRESS" ?

I'm heading to Red Deer from Calgary, and thought I'd check the STICKY for anyone looking to get something picked-up or dropped-off...

But it's gone too. What happened to it ? Another example of the wonderful censorship that goes on around here ?

Old 07-26-2019, 09:49 AM

censorship? where do people come up with this, must be conspiracy theory. fact is wasn't used like forever, people continued to post in general forum cause sticky thread was rarely ever used after the first 3 months of existence so get rid of the clutter..................its been gone for a year now
Old 07-26-2019, 12:08 PM

And in this day and age, if something went sideways, the offended party would sue AO for something like “AO supported and promoted this method of service and is complicit in the blah blah blah.....”

It would happen. No doubt about it.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:15 PM

It’s not censorship, feel free to start individual Express threads. It was taken down as a sticky because stickies largely get ignored due to most people scrolling past them to reads the newest threads. When stickies are too numerous they tend to be rather useless as they no longer garner attention. They’re handy as a reference for board rules or a list of specific FAQ’s but little else.

Look at the 12 stickies currently at the top of general discussion and tell me those couldn’t be trimmed by a few.