Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-08-2022, 02:19 PM
Shooting Xs

Default Benchrest 101 Clinic 2022 MHRRC

Organized this Clinic with Rick Pollock and the crew from Rosebud for some of our Members at Medicine Hat Rifle and Revolver Club yesterday.
Rick gave an excellent presentation on the basics, a very informative learning session.
Everyone came away with some new info to apply to our BR League.
A big Thank you to Rick, Vic, Tyler for coming down from Calgary for this and our own Member Doug for helping with the Coaching aspect.
Everybody enjoyed shooting the top shelf 6 PPC's and BR bench equipment that was supplied.
A very good day that was certainly enjoyed and appreciated.
Thanks again to the Rosebud crew.
Dale
Old 05-08-2022, 05:45 PM

Was a very enlightening clinic. Thanks to the crew that came down and Doug and a thanks to DLab for his oversight and organization. Well worth the time.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-08-2022, 07:50 PM

Dale it was fun day, I enjoyed and I know the other coaches did as well. Thanks to the MHRRC for making the club available and rounding up the students. I hope we can do it again next year. Rick
Old 05-09-2022, 07:23 AM
Shooting Xs

I realize this is a Hunting Forum and this Clinic that Rick puts on is of very little use to most Hunters or long range guys, but if you're a little curious or interested about what's involved in shooting Group Benchrest with 6PPC's,enjoy the finer points of advanced reloading ammo, small groups, etc. I highly recommend contacting Rick Pollock and getting in on one of his Clinics.
They are put on every year, it's free and makes for a good, fun learning experience.
Unfortunately, I think it's full for this year's schedule. I'm certain I'll run another next year if at all possible.
Old 05-09-2022, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLab View Post
I realize this is a Hunting Forum and this Clinic that Rick puts on is of very little use to most Hunters or long range guys, but if you're a little curious or interested about what's involved in shooting Group Benchrest with 6PPC's,enjoy the finer points of advanced reloading ammo, small groups, etc. I highly recommend contacting Rick Pollock and getting in on one of his Clinics.
They are put on every year, it's free and makes for a good, fun learning experience.
Unfortunately, I think it's full for this year's schedule. I'm certain I'll run another next year if at all possible.
Yep, benchrest shooting is an eye opener for those who have never tried it.