Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-04-2020, 04:38 PM

Default Opinion - St Albert Dodge/Ram

Anyone dealt with this dealer?
Good/bad?

I like a vehicle there. Starting to work on some negotiating from afar before I decide it’s worth the 3 hour drive north to potentially make a deal.

Thanks.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:40 PM

Check them out on dealerrater.ca

https://www.dealerrater.ca/dealer/St...-review-34426/

Their reviews and overall rating are pretty good looks like.

I wish I had known of that site before I dealt with Norden VW.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-04-2020, 05:03 PM

My brother bought a new Dodge Ram there 3 years ago, before they moved into their new digs. They were a great place to deal with over many years. Be aware however that the dealership has been sold about a year ago and they are not owned by the same people. When we where shopping for a new Jeep in January, still in their old location, we looked there as they are very close to where we live. Not anywhere near the same feel to the place as it had under the old owners. Has turned into a real high pressure place. They won't return phone or email inquiries so I actually went in to have a look around. Told the salesman that approached me that I wanted to look on my own and I would call him if I needed some help. He would NOT leave me alone. I had to get downright rude to get him to bog off. Peed me off so much I just walked out. I can just imagine what their finance office is like to deal with.

My current got to is Crosstown, though the Jeep we did end up buying at Londonderry as they had the exact new 2020 Summit in stock with the specific color combination we were looking for. The light Grey interior is hard to come by and they were the only dealership in the Edm. area that had one. They were actually very good to deal with. Finalised the deal over email, no stupid dealer games when I went in to pay for the Jeep and pick it up.

If St Albert is the the only place with the exact car you want you may have to go three, I would make sure I had the deal completely documented by email before I would invest 3 hours driving in. DO NOT send them a deposit to hold the vehicle. Best of luck.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:21 PM

Leduc has a good dealership. I got my truck from them and have had no problems at all. It was used but looked and performed as new. If I remember the name of the dealer I will add it later. I am still running it 5 years later with nothing more than regular maintenance and new tires this year.

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here
Old 07-04-2020, 05:34 PM

My bro-in-law has bought multiple trucks from Sherwood Dodge. Has nothing but positive things to say.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:55 PM

You can always get the vin # and contact the other dealers and negotiate a price on that vehicle
Old 07-04-2020, 08:51 PM

Whatever happened to.... " Cars cost less in Wetaskiwin.. "

Lol

Haven't heard that forever, which is good...
Old 07-04-2020, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Whatever happened to.... " Cars cost less in Wetaskiwin.. "

Lol

Haven't heard that forever, which is good...

For Ford's it is true as they have given me the best price a number of times and I had priced from Edmonton area through to Okotoks. For Dodge though I don't hear much good about the dealer and see a number of vehicles with Stettler Dodge stickers on them around town lately so am guessing people are going that direction to by Dodge's.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:34 AM

Have a long time family friend who works as a finance mgr there although haven’t been in contact with him in the last bunch of years for no real reason. Used to be in sales at Sherwood Dodge, I almost bought a used diesel off him there and he was great to deal with.

If I were a betting man though, I’d guess St Albert Dodge with their big new dealership is trying to become a low margin volume dealer. It’s the total trend in the car industry lately—super low priced vehicles right up front since they know everyone with the power of the internet can shop around for the lowest price. Then they try to hammer you on the backend through finance/accessories.