Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-20-2018, 07:22 AM
Banned

Default Scope/Nightforce Lenses

Hello everyone, I want to ask you do you clean your Scope lenses?. As a person, I grew up to learn that scope lenses are as important as camera lenses. I usually use Lens paper and blower on my cameras and scope lenses. Sometimes I used Cotton swabs for cleaning their edges. How do you clean your own scope lenses? No knowledge is wasted.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:11 AM

Nothing touches my lenses unless it has too. My philosophy is that even the best cleaning materials will leave micro abrasions. Obviously the less expensive the scope is the less I care; but my K624i I baby that thing
Old 09-20-2018, 09:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylverCANADA View Post
Nothing touches my lenses unless it has too. My philosophy is that even the best cleaning materials will leave micro abrasions. Obviously the less expensive the scope is the less I care; but my K624i I baby that thing
Same here. Been selling optics (photographic) and using them (camera lenses and sport optics) for 30 years.
For the most part nothing touches my glass other than a soft blower brush.
The odd time I need to actually clean them...I keep a stock of new fibre cleaning cloths..they are cheap...and use them once on my good glass.
A hint...if you do need to use lens cleaning fluid put a few drops on the cloth, never directly on the lens. The fluid can run to the edges and if it gets into the glues that used to cement the lens elements it can damage the glue.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:38 AM

That's why, for every piece I own - they have lens covers front and back. The less cleaning you need to do the better off you are. A small investment in scope covers goes a long way.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:42 AM

I'm kind of anal about my Night Force, the covers only come off when they are in use. Having said that, there is a small grey cloth that comes with them and will be used for cleaning if needed.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
That's why, for every piece I own - they have lens covers front and back. The less cleaning you need to do the better off you are. A small investment in scope covers goes a long way.

Yeah, I agreed with you but at some points, you have to clean it up. lens cover doesn't totally immune your lens from dust, with or without lens cover somehow dust might still creep in. Even some brand new lenses sometimes come with dust.