Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 01-31-2011, 08:13 AM
Banned

Default Sundre Trappers Assoc. Banquet

Just a reminder that the Sundre Trappers Association Banquet is on February 12th, Sundre Community Centre starting at 5:30. There will be a great roast beef dinner, magic show and silent auction with many items to bid on. I'm sure there will be lots of good old and new trapping stories told and maybe a little B.S. (or alot) Tickets are available at West Country Sports in Sundre.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:04 PM

Myself, my hunting partner Sheridan and Roughneck Country will be there. Looking forward to it for sure.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Banned

Default Good Banquet

Glad you and your friends are coming. Also to mention kids 12 and under accompanied by parents with banquet tickets are free.

We have some great silent auction items. Trinidad Drilling gave us their Saddledome Suite (10 tickets) for the Flames/Sharks game in Feb. , helicopter tour for two out of their Cline base from Icefield Helicopter Tours, a very generous donation of optics etc. from AHEIA/HFT, power saw, light plant, a SPOT emergency device, a couple of John Stone Prints, outdoor BBQ...Bass Pro gift certificates, and on and on!!

Also just to let everyone know the Sundre Club uses the money raised for some very good causes.

-building of the replica trappers cabin at the Sundre Museum
-donation to AHEIA for use with Youth at their Alfred Lake facility
-sponsorship of waste bins for the May long weekend West of Sundre/Caroline
-sponsorship of the Sundre Rodeo Queen/Princess/Shadow Program
-sponsorship of any youth 16 or under for a one year membership in the Sundre Club.
-sponsorship to youth to enable them to participate in the Trapper Education Course.

This year we are also going to sponsor a yearly Scholorship for Sundre Youths and it will be geared to students who are going to continue their education in an outdoors related field. We have yet to work out the final wording but it will be in place for this graduating year.

So the money raised isn't spent on parties/outings etc.. It goes back into the Community, as it should.

There are still tickets left and we'd sure like to fill the Community Centre!!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:45 AM
Banned

Default Filled the Hall

I thought I would say the Sundre Trappers Association Banquet went very well...the magician was excellent, dinner was great and lots of commeraderie.
The Communitry Centre was pretty much filled up.

Big thanks to all the Donors, Volunteers etc. to have alot of fun and raise some money to go to various Local activities.