Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-05-2013, 08:39 AM

Default Knife set at 90% off???

This full set of knives may be a great gift idea for some of you. The company website lists this package at $800, on sale now for $600. HOWEVER, Swarmjam (very much like Groupon) has been given this deal at a ridiculous discount of 90% off. You get it for $60 plus taxes and $20 shipping. Looks like a great set of knives for under $100. This offer is from Calgary's Swarmjam, but it might be available for Edmonton's, Saskatoon's or Regina's Swarmjam site as well. I haven't checked.

http://www.cityxpress.com/waf.srv/pr...m_nooverride=1

To answer some questions about Groupon and Swarmjam, as some of you will likely be asking. I've been on both of these for a couple of years. The deals are specific to the city that you create your free account with. They offer huge savings on a wide variety of products and services. There are no catches. Create a free account and you get emailed regularly on these sales. I've used them to buy a few things over the years and everything is simple, no hassle, easy. I've seen things like clothing, outdoor gear, tools, pet supplies, window chip repairs, carpet cleanings, restaurant outings, spa / salon stuff, bowling nights, hot air balloon rides, household items etc etc. When I saw today's knife set, I thought I had better pass along this to the MOD'ers still looking for a Xmas gift for the butcher in their family / friends circle.

These Swarmjam and groupon sales DO NOT LAST LONG! Sometimes they sell out in a matter of minutes; sometimes they last for a few days. If it's something you really need, then get it. Don't get carried away on these sites because the deals are very easy to get impulsive on. But like I said, there are no catches with these sites that I've ever experienced. They work really well.