Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-04-2013, 12:26 PM

Our house has 4 vehicles betwen 3 kids and 2 adults. Jockeying vehicles to get out of the garage isn't an option so 2 go on the street.
That's life in the big city.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
Buy a house with a garage or driveway.
Not even an option in some starter neighborhoods...But I guess if you can afford it everyone should..
Old 12-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I think a couple years ago some guy got hammered pretty bad by the RCMP (?? I think) for using his quad to plow the sidewalks and his older neighbours driveway or something like that.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...ourt-1.1267562

...and ticket dropped.. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle4258014/ ... after $30,000 in legal fees.
Dan Cooper, the son in question, is a bad temper waiting for a chance to explode and has been since he was 10 years old. This is NOT the first time he has been involved with the police.

The only thing I find unfortunate about this situation is that I didn't get to watch him get his but kicked. There was a video of the incident on facebook but his buddy's pulled it down because it made him look like the d-bag he is.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba 96 View Post
Not even an option in some starter neighborhoods...But I guess if you can afford it everyone should..
Believe me I'm no millionaire just a working class stiff like most of us here.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF View Post
Our house has 4 vehicles betwen 3 kids and 2 adults. Jockeying vehicles to get out of the garage isn't an option so 2 go on the street.
That's life in the big city.
I don't have a problem if people park on the street, just don't whine when the snow isn't removed instantly after a storm, the plows have more important things to worry about than your parking stall.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:12 PM

Hey Ali,
Good for you. Give yourself a pat on the back, you have a driveway, that's so awesome!
You're holier than those who park on streets attitude isn't called for.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yards View Post
Hey Ali,
Good for you. Give yourself a pat on the back, you have a driveway, that's so awesome!
You're holier than those who park on streets attitude isn't called for.
I'm not holier than thou I'm sick of the whining from guys about the snow already. It's winter we are in Canada we get snow, you are going to be inconvienced by the snow.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
How absurd...they won't plow your roads and if you do it yourself you can be fined?? Somebody in city hall needs a kick in the get a brain dept.
you can remove it with a skidsteer, truck, or a snowblower. you just can use -an atv in the city

that is why the guy here in st albert got a fine. he was on a majour road and got it stuck causing an issue with traffic, we would nit have got a fine likely, but he got very aggressive with the police, it was quite a scene
Old 12-05-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhguy View Post
you can remove it with a skidsteer, truck, or a snowblower. you just can use -an atv in the city

that is why the guy here in st albert got a fine. he was on a majour road and got it stuck causing an issue with traffic, we would nit have got a fine likely, but he got very aggressive with the police, it was quite a scene
A lot more to the story than was reported... plowing next door seniors apppt... however he would actually cause damage every year and they asked him not to do it.... Then he is doing it gets stuck... gets a vehicle facing the wrong way to pull his ATV out and blocks the road and causing issues finally police are called and he gets all upset and ends up beaking off and getting called on it...

Then his family tries to make him out as a hero.... Typical St Albert BS...
Old 12-05-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekred View Post
A lot more to the story than was reported... plowing next door seniors apppt... however he would actually cause damage every year and they asked him not to do it.... Then he is doing it gets stuck... gets a vehicle facing the wrong way to pull his ATV out and blocks the road and causing issues finally police are called and he gets all upset and ends up beaking off and getting called on it...

Then his family tries to make him out as a hero.... Typical St Albert BS...
agree, I cant wait to move from here back out to the quiet
Old 12-05-2013, 02:19 PM

WOW. These are some real 1st world issues!
Old 12-05-2013, 03:32 PM

On an up note i am watching the 3rd party grader and 2 loaders clean up our cul-de-sac here in GP, ahh my tax dollars at work.