Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-03-2013, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale7637 View Post
Thanks keg. I have been traveling those roads steady the past few days, and I truly appreciate what you guys are doing.

Be safe.
X2 i always wave cause i know what doo doo u put up with & greatly appreciate what u do :-))

Creeky….
Old 12-04-2013, 02:48 AM

Default Kijiji can be your friend

A possible way to save some $$$ is to check Kijiji for used rims. Lots of people take off the factory rims and put new aftermarket rims on their new vehicles. I got a used set of factory Dodge 20" rims (in good shape) for $350 which is alot less than new, put winter tires on to save the cost of tire change overs.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby99ca View Post
A possible way to save some $$$ is to check Kijiji for used rims. Lots of people take off the factory rims and put new aftermarket rims on their new vehicles. I got a used set of factory Dodge 20" rims (in good shape) for $350 which is alot less than new, put winter tires on to save the cost of tire change overs.
Great point. I bought a set of 2012 factory 20' rims complete with michelin tires, tpms monitors and hubcaps for $800, a set of rims for my 2008 for $120 with hubcaps, (same as the 12's) and a great set of tires for $300, all on kijiji.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
My neighbor runs his own bobcat so he cleared our back alley and street!! He even piled all the snow on his property!
had a fellow do the same thing in st.albert last year and the rcmp charged him. apparently there is some law against using your own bobcat to clear city streets or sidewalks in alberta. remember there was a big stink made about it in the news.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingMOM View Post
Dont worry Dave,

Stinky and I made it home safely without so much as a slide sideways, now not much can be said for the guy driving the 4x4 dodge that I passed with a broken front axel!
So while focussing on the crappy road you had enough time to glance over, notice a Dodge, a 4X4 Dodge, a broken 4X4 Dodge, a broken front axel on a 4X4 Dodge?

Sounds like a safe trip.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gust View Post
So while focussing on the crappy road you had enough time to glance over, notice a Dodge, a 4X4 Dodge, a broken 4X4 Dodge, a broken front axel on a 4X4 Dodge?

Sounds like a safe trip.
Kinda hard to miss it when its sitting 30 feet from the light in a ditch on the drivers side as your sitting there waiting for it to turn green.
Even stinky thought it was funny seeing the wheels tilted inwards. He asked me whats wrong with it.
You could see right where it snapped the way it was sitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ItiiL5xVm4

Oh and I had a good opportunity to see how 3 trucks were totaled today when I drove home... Boys really should learn how to drive.

P.s...... 40 km/hr is slow and steady and gets you where you need to be. Let the jack turds speed pass then you can pass them when they are messed up on the side of the road or around a pole.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:

Sounds like a safe trip.
I'd be more concerned with a tunnel visioned driver myself. I tend to notice more as a driver, than as a passenger.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeky View Post
X2 i always wave cause i know what doo doo u put up with & greatly appreciate what u do :-))

Creeky….
We do get a lot of friendly waves, and a sincere thank you from time to time.

Sadly, the one finger salutes stand out more.

I tell the guys, I think it is less then 10 percent who act like they own the road, but they are so obnoxious about it they seem to be 90 percent of the population.

It is storms like this that draw our attention to the silent majority.

The guys who stop and help people in trouble, that give stranded people a lift home, that get out of the way when they see a snow trying to plow an intersection.

I really do believe there are a lot more good people in the world then idiots and self centered fools.

Stay safe everyone.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
I'd be more concerned with a tunnel visioned driver myself. I tend to notice more as a driver, than as a passenger.
My peeve is the looky loo's who brake unexpectedly to have a long gander.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
I really do believe there are a lot more good people in the world then idiots and self centered fools.

Stay safe everyone.
Its only when we lost faith on humanity that we go downwards.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
had a fellow do the same thing in st.albert last year and the rcmp charged him. apparently there is some law against using your own bobcat to clear city streets or sidewalks in alberta. remember there was a big stink made about it in the news.
That's crappy- I wonder what they charge you with? The only thing I have thought is even if you were not moving and a car ran into you it would be the Skid steers fault? Maybe they are afraid of damage caused to things like manholes etc?
Old 12-04-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
My peeve is the looky loo's who brake unexpectedly to have a long gander.
Yup. They tend to get rear ended by the looky loo's who don't brake.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
Yup. They tend to get rear ended by the looky loo's who don't brake.
hahaha,,, actually I wonder how many accidents occur due to the looky loo linger lane?