Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-22-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
But that is the trade off, public sector, civic etc make less money than the private on average, but can have better job security. That is a choice they make to work where you live, be involved in the raising of their children full time and sleep in their own bed every night. Those that want the big bucks, CHOOSE to be away from home, usually have less job security but that is a choice they made.

When things are going good the high-earners on here will scoff at how "little" money the public sector makes. When it hits the fan they criticize them again but this time for how much they make, when in fact their pay has changed very little if at all.
I, for one, have never "scoffed" at how little the public sector makes. But this is for a different thread.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:50 PM

If the pc's just dissolved their party after the abyssmal failure in the last election I bet the wildrose would stand a much better chance of winning than uniting the two together.

Albertans were just sick and tired of pc garbage and cronyism, stelmach, redford, prentice.... now you got the party nobody liked combined with the other party which was reasonably popular.

Somehow i think that may be a bad idea.

On a side note i find it funny that people who argue over pay and benefits of certain sectors always argue stuff like "most of us dont get yearly raises or pensions etc so they shouldnt either"...... stuff like yearly raises, good benefits, decent pay make employers both private and public compete.